Route 66

Honey39

Phoenix Rising
Can't believe that this site is back up and running again - it's very timely for me to find it just before the new year, almost like it's meant to be! That fits with my determination to lose weight and this goal.

I was 350lbs back in the day when I started in August 2010. I lose 155 lbs over 2.5 years, and then in 2013 I met the love of my life. I've put on about 60lbs, so I'm currently about 258 lbs, which is heavy but still maintaining a massive weight loss which is GOOD.

This year I'm all about losing 66 lbs. It's just sort of plucked from thin air because I like a goal, I've also got a bit of a plan:

First quarter lose 2 lbs a week
Second quarter lose 1.5 lbs a week
Third quarter lose 1 lb a week
Fourth quarter lose .5 lb a week

That would give me 65 lbs and let's toss one more in for good luck!

I'm wary about writing here because I think the site might be pulled again. Not a reason to not write, but maybe share the content out on MFP as well? This is a mega-indulgent NYE right now, lots of booze and nibbles and getting ready for a party with family. Tomorrow could well be much bleaker lol. But there you go, no reason to not enjoy myself tonight, woo hoo!!

New Year's Day with a hangover and I can safely say that this is going to be my best ever year! The weigh in is a mahoosive 263 lbs which I hope is artificially high. That said, my goal will take me to a nice 197 lbs which I really would like to be by the end of the year. No cheating, no lying, no murdering.....well, basically just sticking to the plan :) More later I hope.

hi hun - im feeling the same
dossing on settee with an hangover eating junk feeling very sorry for myself thinking i cant wait to be slim haha
feeling very determined!
i also hope this site doesnt vanish again because i rely a lot on this! especially not going to clubs and doing it on my own from home with not a clue about it tbh haha brave!!

Day 3 and it's not going too badly. Easing myself slowly off the terrible foods, and I've been to the gym twice so feeling good about that to be honest. I've had moderate food, not exactly dieting but not overeating much either. My weight has come down with the pounds gained over the holidays so I'm definitely feeling good about that. I'm back at work on Tuesday and that's when it all kicks off properly although my birthday on 9 January always hits me hard after the holidays. We're planning a fairly low-key one this year so looking forward to that but without going mad.

Another day off and it's very much about prepping and getting ready. I feel a bit sad about the end of the holidays and the bleakness of January, but I guess that's the same for a lot of people. Otherwise am doing well on my resolutions (16 of them, hah!) and that makes me feel good about myself. I've managed to make the bulk of them very easy to work out if I've done them or not, so yay for me :)

Hope everyone else here is having a good start to the year!

awww u share a birthday with my little princess who will be 1 next saturday :)
im also feeling rather depressed about the fact xmas has been and gone and back to work tomorrow!!

Awwwww, Shez all the best birthdays are on 9 January!!!

Still a bank holiday here but am resisting the lure of overeating, and am planning a nice sensible day today. Not mega strict but not overeating either. I'm hoping to lose all the Xmas weight by the time I rejoin SW on Saturday, so that's my plan. I have four days of healthy eating after today, when it will be all systems go. Fingers crossed. I'm feeling optimistic, especially as I have a big wedding to go to in August which is a bit of a major incentive. I think I'm going to chart what I eat here after that (provided the site doesn't get pulled again!). That should be a good place to start. Also using MFP which is a helpful one too

Back at work and feeling the pain of it all! So today's plan is:

- porridge with honey
- rice and tuna for lunch
- beans on toast for dinner
- fruit for snacks
- 1 piece of chocolate or biscuit as a 'treat' after the gym

Gotta get this done, it will feel so good to see a downward spiral starting soon :)

Back at work and feeling the pain of it all! So today's plan is:

- porridge with honey
- rice and tuna for lunch
- beans on toast for dinner
- fruit for snacks
- 1 piece of chocolate or biscuit as a 'treat' after the gym

Gotta get this done, it will feel so good to see a downward spiral starting soon :)

Morning lovely! sounds like a good day planned! :D We can do it! x

Thanks Lucie!!!!!!!!!!!

God today seems like such a long day
neutral.png

Guess I'm missing stuffing my face. Had very sensible rice and tuna for lunch, and now out for a walk to try and get some exercise and fresh air and strengthen my leg. Also need to buy a workbook and some birthday cards, and maybe a leftover calendar.

I'm missing sugar I think. Definitely craving something sweet, but I didn't bring any fruit in with me and to be honest, it will be good for me to have a day without snacking. I still have a massive overload from the holiday season. Good times!

Thanks Lucie!!!!!!!!!!!

God today seems like such a long day
neutral.png

Guess I'm missing stuffing my face. Had very sensible rice and tuna for lunch, and now out for a walk to try and get some exercise and fresh air and strengthen my leg. Also need to buy a workbook and some birthday cards, and maybe a leftover calendar.

I'm missing sugar I think. Definitely craving something sweet, but I didn't bring any fruit in with me and to be honest, it will be good for me to have a day without snacking. I still have a massive overload from the holiday season. Good times!

We all have those days! Mine is feeling long too, had an argument with my Area Manager about working 68hr weeks and he just hung up and low and behold, all I wanna do is stuff my face! Well done on the rice and tuna! I know it's not the case right now, but come your weigh in when you lose, it's always fun to think back to this moment and think " YEAHH It's because I made the right choice!" - that's what I do anyway haha.

If you're craving sweet things there are loads of good alternatives. What type of sweet things do you enjoy? chocolate? or something fruity? I know some of the girls get the toffee muller light and some banana and crumble a large toffee snackajack over it ( not sure of the syns but could find out ) or I know muller have the chocolate pud yogs that aren't too bad! Maybe even a sugar free jelly? Not sure if you're able to get something while out on route to curb the sweet tooth and stay in your points but good luck! :D

Here's to time flying by today! *cheers* xxx

Thanks Lucie! Good advice :)

A good day food wise - all seems to be going well. Plus I have my new FitBit charger, so have set that up and I've linked it to MFP account. Yay :)

Good start to the day, feeling positive and perky about it all. I think the sugar rushes are out of my system so the cravings have settled down a bit more. Today's food choices:

- skinny latte from Pret
- magic porridge (SW recipe) with oats, raspberries and yoghurt
- fruit as snack
- Oxtail soup and oatcakes for lunch
- leftovers for tea (chicken?) with rice and green beans

Then we're going to the gym tonight (4th time this week) and also going to walk at lunchtime to try and get the FitBit counter up a little bit. So quite a few positives. Certainly makes starting the new year a little easier, and I love my Route 66 goal - I am so sad I even have the metal lyric sheet posted up as a bit of inspiration. I do like a goal, and resolutions have always been my thing.

Feeling positive, yay!

Struggling a bit now - I'm hungry and restless at work. I want cake/chocolate or something like that. Ho hum, will go and have another coffee and try to forget about it. I'd like to see at least a 2lbs loss on Saturday morning, get me going and started on this journey. I do weigh daily, but am also going to SW once a week, so that's my 'official' weigh-in figure.

January is so cold and dark and depressing. Never mind, it's helping me a little bit to know that I'm sticking (so far!) to my many resolutions:

- Route 66
- Treasure the tabby
- Strictly No Contact
- Walk it off
- Stop dragging my heels
- The Great British Bake Off
- UFYH
- Let's get medieval: rope, oil, iron and elixir
- I am the one who knocks
- Sun's Out, Guns Out
- To Boldly Go
- It's all grand
- Surf's Up
- A fabulous cha cha cha
- Fifty books
- Read all about it

So feeling good about myself
smile.png

I'm working from home so lovely and cosy - it's really cold today. I've had a good few days so far, and the plan of action today is quite boring:

- toast x 2 with jam (no butter)

- soup and potato wedges baked

- balsamic chicken, noodles and peas

- fruit as a snack

So all very healthy indeed, plus we're going to the gym tonight, on a Friday no less. But that buys Saturday as a day off, plus the gym is so crowded it's just not much fun in the week. Cannot wait for everyone to stop going, is that mean of me? I worked out for an hour last night and I definitely can feel myself getting stronger and fitter again, so that's good. I just need to push myself.

It's always tempting to snack when I'm at home, so might post here to resist the urge :)

It was my birthday yesterday and a bit of a blow-out - BUT at least I didn't eat solidly all day and also I had been sticking to my resolutions for the first week rather than wait for one week in to start on Monday 11 January.

Had my first weigh in yesterday and I had lost 3 lbs. Down to 260.0 which is good. Now I want to lose 2.5 - 3 lbs for next week, which is definitely do-able. Back to sensible eating and tracking. Today's food is:

- toast and jam (no butter)
- ravioli for lunch
- not decided for tea; maybe a pizza slice and soup
- fruit for snacks

AND I'm going to the gym this afternoon, yay :)

Happy Birthday for Yesterday! I'm gutted I missed it! I think a blow outs are fine as long as they are somewhat controlled AND you get back on track after. Enjoy it for what it was, and draw a line under it and carry on your journey till the next one :p

Well done on the 3lbs loss! Thats a great loss! Sounds like a good day of food. Yummy raviloli AND gym!

Have a lovely Sunday xx

Hanging in there - it's snowy and icy today, and I hate this kind of weather with a passion. So inconvenient and annoying. Plus my leg is absolutely killing me, so I've had to take painkillers. BUT I've not overeaten or anything, and am tracking everything I eat today, so that's good. I've written up my gym schedule for tonight, weather permitting, so that's good too.

This weather is awful, makes it hard to drag myself to the gym. Hope your leg is feeling better now & you make it to gym. I had to pick my hubbie up so didn't make it tonight. Weigh in tomorrow so I may regret it.

Back