Route 66

First full day back on SW after quite a rough week. So today:

B: magic porridge and grapes
L: rice / tuna
Snacks: apples / low cal jelly
D: tomato soup and bread

I know that the last one isn't right but I'm still not up to a full meal as such. However I have meal planned and am all ready going forward. Weight has come right back down, so all in all pretty good : )

Just logged onto this site - I'm a newbie and a newbie at slimming world!
I'm hoping this will motivate me - thanks! I've a lot to lose X

Good luck, I've loads to lose as well Deemum :)

Really good day today, I feel back in the swing of it!

L: SW wedges + salad + soup
D: mushroom and bacon risotto
Snacks: fruit

Feeling good at lots of little victories. I avoided falling into the cakes at work, I feel I'm really getting somewhere with my eating, and it's the ease I like more than anything. I feel GOOD eating lots of fruit and veg and avoiding over processed food. Psychologically, this is a great diet for me to follow.

Send my lovely partner out shopping and have meal planned next week:

S: steak and stirfry
S: chicken and rice
M: away
T: prawn curry and rice
W: pasta and sauce
T: pork and carrots
F: SW corned beef hash

I feel better when it's all planned out ;)

Really good day today, I feel back in the swing of it!

L: SW wedges + salad + soup
D: mushroom and bacon risotto

Feeling good at lots of little victories. I avoided falling into the cakes at work, I feel I'm really getting somewhere with my eating, and it's the ease I like more than anything. I feel GOOD eating lots of fruit and veg and avoiding over processed food. Psychologically, this is a great diet for me to follow.

Send my lovely partner out shopping and have meal planned next week:

S: steak and stirfry
S: chicken and rice
M: away
T: prawn curry and rice
W: pasta and sauce
T: pork and carrots
F: SW corned beef hash

I feel better when it's all planned out ;)

Hope you don't mind me jumping onto your chat lol - I feel like a stalker !! But it's so helpful and motivating.
Can I ask what magic porridge is?? X

Hi DeeMum, you're very welcome :)

Magic porridge is a nice SW breakfast - 35g of porridge oats mixed with muller lite over night all stirred together and I put frozen raspberries on the top. I take that in to work usually, and it's nicer than something you would buy in Starbucks! Very cheap and very easy and very tasty, so a bit of a win :)

Great weigh in today - I'm down 3lbs to 260lbs. This means that I've lost the weight I gained last week so it's actually a 6lbs loss in total, but I'm not counting the post-wedding increase.

So week 2 and it's 3lbs down, 8lbs in total from 268 to 260 lbs. And in bigger totals still, that's 90lbs down from my highest ever weight. Looking forward to getting the 100lbs loss back again.

Next week's goals - lose another 2 lbs by next Saturday to be 258 lbs or 18st6. Feeling good about life.

B: toast
L: risotto
D: steak and stirfry
Snacks: fruit and wine

Yay :)

Hi Honey 39,
You've done brilliantly ! Well done!
I joined my local slimming world class today. So I need to really give this a good go and work at getting my weight off. It was such a lovely welcoming group and they had a taste in ! Lovely food. Someone had done lovely little cheesecakes etc
Thanks for explaining the porridge. I will put it together tonight for Sunday morning breakfast
Have a lovely Saturday night x

Sunday here and I'm feeling good about the weight loss - more than that, I seem to have calmed down a lot with overeating, I'm in quite a tranquil place right now, it's hard to explain but it feels good. Feels good, and I'm optimistic about today. The things that knock me off balance though aren't the day to day stuff, it's the exceptions. The meals out, the weekends away and so on. I'm going to try to do some thinking about that this week.

Today's plan:

B: two slices of toast and jam
L: potato wedges and salad, and either soup or omelette
D: chilli chicken + rice + salad

Going to the gym as well today after a bit of an absence, so feeling good about that.

Hi Honey 39,
You've done brilliantly ! Well done!
I joined my local slimming world class today. So I need to really give this a good go and work at getting my weight off. It was such a lovely welcoming group and they had a taste in ! Lovely food. Someone had done lovely little cheesecakes etc
Thanks for explaining the porridge. I will put it together tonight for Sunday morning breakfast
Have a lovely Saturday night x

Well done for joining class, that's a great start! Hope that yu have a fabulous weekend and a good week ahead for your first weigh in - am sure that you will see a good loss :)

Your day sounds great and well done for planning to go to the gym. I'm working today (I play piano at a hotel so it's torture watching everyone eating yummy food). I'll stick to fruit and some protein. Then will have a swim in hotel pool - only managed 12 lengths the other day though. Have a great day .

Had porridge for brekkie with blueberries. Followed by melon x

I've been away for a few days with work, back now and into SW again. I do need to find a way to cope with lack of routine and how to make good choices. Sigh. Anyway, can't see a loss coming my way on Saturday but we shall stick with it. Today hasn't been too bad, but I haven't been particularly well prepared so suffered from that.

Tomorrow though - I have made breakfast and lunch and they are ready to go!! And dinner is planned.

Hi, good for you being organised for tomorrow..
I have been out tonight at a Chinese restaurant with my work chums.. I had chicken and sweet corn soup followed by chicken in black bean sauce with boiled rice.
I'll need to be very good tomorrow ..

Well, it's been a funny couple of weeks, and the dieting has not gone at all well. I was so so tempted to just ditch this thread and rename myself and start a new one. Running away I guess! But no, that's no good to anyone.

I rejoined SW today, my weigh in day is going to be Saturdays. (I'm doing it online). After a shocking few weeks, my weight is 270lbs and I'm using this as my starting weight. I've got everything set up and ready to go, tomorrow is the official 'launch' date! I'm feeling very positive about this.

I have a big holiday booked for May, and I'm hoping for something else to happen by then, so I've kind of called this journey the 39 steps. 39 weeks to my holiday, enough time to transform myself and lose a lot of the weight I've regained. So there we go.....

Well, it's been a funny couple of weeks, and the dieting has not gone at all well. I was so so tempted to just ditch this thread and rename myself and start a new one. Running away I guess! But no, that's no good to anyone.

I rejoined SW today, my weigh in day is going to be Saturdays. (I'm doing it online). After a shocking few weeks, my weight is 270lbs and I'm using this as my starting weight. I've got everything set up and ready to go, tomorrow is the official 'launch' date! I'm feeling very positive about this.

I have a big holiday booked for May, and I'm hoping for something else to happen by then, so I've kind of called this journey the 39 steps. 39 weeks to my holiday, enough time to transform myself and lose a lot of the weight I've regained. So there we go.....

Hi honey39

Good for you starting again.. I'm the same.. We went to Mournes for the weekend - and over the weekend ate ice cream, chippy carryouts, Chinese meals , crisps Etc etc.

So I've had my Tesco delivery today and I'm prepared for meals tomorrow... I think if we are prepared, it's half the battle!

My weigh in is also a Saturday - we can do this!!!

Have a good day tomorrow . I'm starting the day with porridge to keep me going all morning in work

I have so many goals for the year, and I'm making good progress on a lot of them. I'm going to go through them just for me:

1. Route 66: lose 66 lbs. Hmmmm, defo a WiP (Work in progress)
2. Treasure the love of my life: going well
3. The sound of silence: total NC with my pig of an ex - working beautifully
4. Walk it off: have dug out the FitBit and definitely needs focus.
5. Stop dragging my heels: links in with 4, I need to do my physio more than ever
6. The Great British Bake Off: learn how to cook. Making huge progress on that, definitely ahead of schedule
7. Unfuck your habitat: just spent the weekend refurbing the kitchen and decluttering, definitely going well
8. Let's get medieval: rope, iron, elixir and oil (a looking after myself one). Yes, doing all these
9. I am the one who knocks: a work one, going well, might get regraded
10. Sun's Out, Guns Out: gym one. Lapsed a bit, but doing well, went today
11. To boldly go: making a huge effort with friends and family
12. It's All Grand: money resolution is going well too
13. Surfs Up: spend too long on internet still, less time at work though!
14. A fabulous cha cha cha; working on it!
15. Read 50 books in 2016: well on target for this one
16. Read all about it, news of the world: keep up with current affairs. Could do better!

So not too bad for the first two thirds of the year. Big push for the remaining third
1.gif.pagespeed.ce.Pm7krOc06b.gif

Feeling good and on track today. I've had porrige/raspberries/yoghurt for breakfast and a small portion of home made risotto for lunch. More importantly than that though, I've avoided cake and biscuits. I'm tracking what I eat on SW website, so hopefully that will help.

I want to see a good loss on my first official weigh in on Saturday - ideally I'd like to be a few pounds down, and I'm back at the gym so that's got to be good. I had some time to have a think about this last week, and I've come up with a few decisions and plans. I have got to work out how to stay on track when life doesn't let me do that - I need a plan B in place, definitely :)

Today is going reasonably well. I'm tracking my food on the SW website, and here's today's plan:
B: Magic porridge and raspberries
L: Mushroom risotto and salad (rocket / spring onions / mushrooms / grapes)
D: Prawn curry and rice

Going to the gym tonight for the third day in a row, woot!

I'm feeling quite good about myself today. I've been to the gym three times this week and pushed myself hard. I've been wearing my FitBit and trying to increase my number of steps per day. Food hasn't been as good as it should have been, because I had lunch out yesterday and I had the ice cream. Then there were cake in the office. I manage much better when I stick to the plan, sugar knocks me off balance completely, it's the hardest thing.

I am feeling good about trying, I feel that at least I am putting the effort in to lots of small things. I am definitely taking care of myself, and doing lots of small simple steps to improve my looks - such as dry body brushing, a glass of hot ACV in the mornings, taking my iron tablets. All these small things add up I guess. I was thinking about it, and it's quite daunting/liberating that everything I really want in life is within my control (more or less). I want so badly to be slim, and this is something I can achieve. It's a weird to realise that I can achieve my goal, it's not like wanting to be rich or famous, where it's down to luck and timing. My wants are possible. How scary is that?

Anyway, the scales are stubborn but this week, Week 36 of 2016, is definitely one where I have made a big effort every day to get what I want. And that's the main thing I guess.

Today's plan:
B: toast and coffee
L: soup / salad/SW wedges
D: chicken curry in the slow cooker with rice

Gym in the evening and no booze, so there!

Hi ! Just catching up today. I love reading your food diary as its given me some ideas. I've bought a slow cooker today. I can't wait to use it. Do u leave urs on all day when at work? I'm thinking the curry is a great idea.
I had weigh in today - only half pound off. Disappointed as that's only 5.5 lbs off in 4 / 5 weeks. I really stuck to plan this week - admittedly I did have a couple of treats but was always within my syn allowance. Hopefully I'll have a better loss next week. How did your weigh in go?

So I've lost 2lbs this week, and I'm very very pleased about that. I've had a good week, I've tried hard and it's paid off. I've walked every day, and have achieved my walking goal. I've been to the gym four times go me! And I feel good about all the small positive steps I've taken.

I think I wrote about it above, but it has dawned on me that it's made up of multiple small steps that achieve big results. Some of them, e.g. taking iron tablets and drinking ACV shots first thing take literally seconds. But since I've been taking my cocktail of iron and vitamins this year my hair has grown back thicker and stronger than ever.

I want to escape my tendencies to start again on Monday etc. Keep going with the small practical steps and ignore the fear. So one example this week has been to eat 1/3 superfree food with all my meals, regardless of the healthiness of the rest of the meal, if you see what I mean. That's a good one Another has been lots of self-care, because grooming and looking after my appearance makes me feel confident and good about myself.

So although week 36/2016 has not been a week of dramatic weight loss, it's a 10/10 for me!! Feeling good

Back