Route 66

Well done for joining the gym, I signed up for the gym 3 months ago, still haven't been yet lol

Hi Jhsax I was really scared when I joined the gym, I felt too fat & too old. But they were so nice & supportive. I found a class I liked, Kettlecise, they gave me advice on the weight machines etc and I really enjoy it now. It's not a miracle worker but I feel better & more confident because of it. I haven't done kettles for a few months, I have problems with my hips, but still go for the rest. I hope your gym is as good as mine, if it is I'm sure you'll enjoy it when you go :)

I bought a Wii instead and my fitness instructor, now I can jiggle about in the comfort of my own home. I still use the gym membership for swimming though

Should have updated here to say that I lost a pound yesterday, so that was good. Got to do better this week though! I've been to gym three times this week, and done a solid hour plus each time, which makes me feel like I'm going for it. I do like going once I get there, and it helps that my partner also likes going so it's an activity we can share.

Hope everyone having a good weekend - very cold and snowy here :(

Another week starting - I feel like I've got a cold starting as well boooo. Never mind, lots of gargling, First Defence, echinacea and all that. Cannot say that I do not try! Today's menu:-

- crumpets x 2
- Soup and potato wedges for lunch
- air popped popcorn for snack at 4
- lentil/ham/celery salad and soup for dinner
- fruit as a snack
- herbal tea at least twice

And just do it without thinking about it!!!

Another day another dollar! I'm feeling pretty good about myself today, the salad last night was delicious and has put me in a great frame of mind. Today's food choices:

- porridge from Pret with honey
- soup with oatcakes for lunch
- hot chocolate as a snack
- lentil/ham/carrot salad (second half) for tea tonight

Going to the gym later on for my ninth visit this year so that's good. I'm feeling strong today, yay :)

Hi you're having some excellent food days & a ninth trip to the gym, no wonder you're feeling strong. You're nailing it :character00116:

Thanks Zappacat - good day today, as well! How's it going for you??? Hopefully you're nailing it too :)

Porridge for breakfast
Soup with ryvita / peanut butter for lunch
Apple for a snack
Pork medallions/mash/carrots for tea
Snack = popcorn

Trying to cut right back on sugar which is a major binge trigger for me even though I don't have a massively sweet tooth. That cold is heading back though, more echinacea, first defence and gargling coming right up!

Down 1.5 lbs, yay :)

I need a reset. I've rejoined SW as of today, and weighing 270 lbs. Weigh-ins are going to be a Saturday, and not this one but the one after that so we can see how I've done. I'm a little bit daunted but looking forward to this.

Actually I think my start weight might have been 268lbs, or 19st2, but all pretty horrific however you count it. Never mind, I have a plan at least.

Well, day one in earnest and I am feeling pretty good. We did a major shop today and I have planned the week's food / meals, so that feels organised. Today I've had:

- toast (not great but all I had in)
- pear and apple as snacks
- ravioli for lunch
- diced carrots for snacks
- skinny cappuccino at station with Mum

Dinner is going to be sausage and butterbean bake which should come in at about 4 syns, and I'm going to have salad with that and maybe some mixed veg too.

I'd forgotten how much I like the simplicity of Slimming World compared with say 5:2 etc. It works psychologically for me, reducing my sugar dependency, reducing my cravings, never feeling hungry and feeling good about myself. Back to basics we go, because this always feels very doable long-term.

Day 2 and all going swimmingly well so far - I love the fact that this way of eating seems to calm down my cravings completely.

Breakfast: magic porridge
Pret skinny latte
Snacks: apple and a pear
Lunch: left overs sausage and butterbean bake and a salad (no dressing)
Dinner: SW mushroom and bacon tagliatelli with a salad
All let down by a hot chocolate bought for me on the way home, but still - day has been good.

Biggest achievement - there were cakes and cookies and chocolate everywhere at work when I went in, and I resisted them all day, woo hoo!!!!!!!

My skin is looking nice, I'm having an ACV shot every morning (ACV with hot water, meh), and I'm doing dry body brushing which is making my skin glow nicely. And as my partner remarked last night, my bottom is very soft haha.

Feeling good, feeling positive. I am doing this for me and I want it so badly - I want to get back to where I was. Yay :)

Working from home today and feeling good!! I've got to avoid the challenges of nibbling through the day when I get bored/want a break. The thing I really like about SW is that I can plan to have snacks easily, and that it's not about the hunger.

I am finding it astonishingly easy on day 3, I think it's the fact that I'm not having sugar but the food cravings have gone right down to zero. I'm starting to feel good and more than that, I'm starting to feel optimistic. SW might not be the best diet in the world, but it's the one that I can do long-term for years - why on earth did I ever move away from that?

The plan for today:
B: magic porridge
L: omelette and salad
D: SW paella
Snacks: fruit

So far so good, will check in later on. In terms of other stuff, must make an effort to shape my eyebrows and exfoliate my face.

Woo hoo that's a great result, I'm 5lbs down today. So pleased! So that's 263lbs / 18st 11, which is a big boost for next week. Difficult week with a big wedding, but still.....

Struggling today for the simple reason that I'm off work and my partner wants to go out and do stuff, and I am weakwilled. Let's review though:

B: magic porridge, tick
L: in a cafe, nothing especially helpful. I had roast beef on a panini with a salad - the dressing was drenched in oil and the panini was fatty
Snack: strawberries and icecream with a cappuccino. Okay, I should have had JUST strawberries and an Americano.
D: left over pasta from yesterday with a big salad.

I suppose that's not too bad written down; I do tend to have all or nothing tendencies and if I'm not 100% 'good' then what's the point etc. Which is why I want this small place to write about stuff and to be honest and accountable to me at least.

Feeling good about myself, I'm glad I started this journal like thread for me, it's a good place for me to have a place to talk about my journey. I hope it's a long journey to goal. Can't believe I came so far a few years ago and let some of it slip away. Not all of it though, and that's good. I still kept off 83 lbs, which is almost 6 stones.

So today has been okay, I weigh in daily and the weight seems to be coming down. The plan so far is:

B: magic porridge
Snack: skinny cappuccino
L: pasta and salad
Snack: fruit
D: this is a bit hazier, I have so much to plan today, and I'm tempted by having something easy.

I love the fact that this is so simple, and that it is about healthy food. I feel good eating lots of fruit and veg, and I want so badly to lose this weight. I definitely feel committed, in a way in which I didn't. I kept getting tempted by the apparent simplicity of 5:2, but although it worked it's not long-term for me, I need rules and restrictions. Paul McKenna didn't really work for me either, I need something again to work at.

Fingers crossed that this will be a good day for me.

Well, just setting off for the big wedding this morning, so won' t be around till Saturday. I'm going to continue to TRY to follow SW all week, but it's not going to be easy and I'm not kidding myself about that. Still losing so that's good, and maybe I can remind myself of this goal. But there will be a four hour drive there, a night before meal, the actual day and then the breakfast and drive back. And because it's a hotel in the country I don't have a huge amount of choice over what I have

Back on Saturday :)

Wedding was amazing and perfect, and I think I must have put on every lbs I lost due to the copious amounts of champagne!!

Saturday was struck down by a nasty vomiting bug, which has really wiped me out. Not so much about what food I'm eating, but just not been eating anything since then. I'm going to have to be off work for a few days this week until all *ahem* symptoms have cleared up. Gah!!!!

Still feeling dead rough, but great for losing all the weight I've gained over the wedding last week!! I'm not really following anything at the moment, my diet is trying to be very much about 'white' food that will stay in my system. So lots of soup, white bread, and no fruit/veg. It's not much though, but it it frustrating. Still, I do feel committed to SW even though my system won't let me do anything much at the moment.

I'm going back to work tomorrow so fingers crossed that it's not too bad. I'm definitely better but feeling really weak, so even washing my hair is making me feel sweaty and faint. Gah. Rewatching old episodes of Sex and the City which is definite the equivalent of comfort eating. Love it! Although the people seem horrible in it now, very self-centred and mean. But I love Samantha, she really seems to stand the test of time!

Also looking at holidays, and I so want to be lovely and slim for our next holiday together - which might be either Venice or Japan. So much to look forward to!

Back