RTM?

CalicoSoneji

Hey everyone!
I've been on lighterlife for 6 months and three weeks and lost 6 stone 12lbs so far =)

I've just had a new llc as my old one has been ill for a while and when questioning her about RTM she told me you dont loose weight on it?
My other llc told me i will still loose weight most weeks on RTM so im a bit confused.

My goal weight is 8stone 2lbs and i was going to start RTM when i was 9stone but now my llc has advised me to start it when im 8stone 2lbs.

Im a bit worried because 8stone 2lbs is mt lowest healthy weight and if i go underweight they will stop selling me packs - i think that would really screw up my RTM!

So, just thought i'd ask all you guys who've already done route to managment if you lost weight whilst doing so?

Thanks!

You lose weight and then put back the glycogen stuff. I think most will tell you to start where you want to end up because that's where you will probablly be when it all evens out.

Hope that makes sense!!

And you have been a little star with your losses!! Well done you, very proud of you!

X

that is the same concern as what I have. I would love to know definitively what happens to the majority oif clients

It's a difficult one to answer to be honest as everyone is different. I lost in total 13lb on RTM, put a tiny bit back on (3lb I think) and have more or less stayed at that weight. A lot of people continue to lose on RTM.

Personally I didn't lose anything on RTM (but we're all different that way) and only gained my glycogen back (which freaked me out to no end the first time around). But then I remembered that it's not actual fat, and we ALL need this water weight to function on an every day basis. It does express itself on the body too, clothes will feel a little tigher.

Well done on your losses so far!! That is such a fantastic achievement. :) Don't forget not to get too hung up on numbers though and try to gouge where your body actually feels 'right' to you.

...Though I must say, I find it odd that they will stop selling you packs if you go below BMI 25? That's a little silly, my LLC was fine with me wanting to reach targets below that - since at BMI 25 I still look quite podgy! As long as it doesn't actually go below BMI 20, I think they are usually ok with it.
If you wanted to continue, I suppose (and only if!) there is LLLite to consider, but, it can be done later, FULL RTM is especially encouraged before anything else. It cannot be missed! :D

Last edited:
To echo above comments really - there is no hard & fast rule of weight loss on RTM. I lost ll the way through but that's unusual.

Most people seem to lose weeks 1-4 then put a bu of water weight back on. I know my LLC always said to go into RTM when you are ready (mentally and physically more than by the 'numbers'), and expect to stay bradly the same.

Good luck in either event and MANY congratulations on awesome weight losses. :)

Yes, I lost in the first few weeks, gained in the middle, came back down and finished RTM the exact weight I started it. Which was fine. Great even. HOWEVER....I thought I would have continued to lose and counted on that extra loss of may 5-7 pounds as my saftey buffer zone.

So my advice, go slighlty below where you want to be before you start RTM.

Its difference for every one, but as we all know, its easier to put on a few then to lose a few. So thats what I would say.

cheers gang.

The way I am feeling today is that I could keep going as long as I wanted, but im sure this excitment will drop off soon.

My OH at lunch time when I called her for our lunch time chat said that I should go back to doing what I set out doing. Living day to day, week to week reassessing along the way. I seemed to have more drive that way.

Im sure I can do another month (assuming the losses continue at the same rate) then start RTM.

When I started my "eating healthy" plan back in October last year. I dreamt of being 16st 7lb. Im having to pinch myself that I am now 14st 7lb....two stone over my dream. :D

cheers gang.

When I started my "eating healthy" plan back in October last year. I dreamt of being 16st 7lb. Im having to pinch myself that I am now 14st 7lb....two stone over my dream. :D

that should be Under FF ;) mwah! congrats!

In my first 5 weeks of RTM I lost 12lbs according to my scales I have another 1-2 lbs off this week which was week 6. I wouldnt go to your lowest healthy weight before starting RTM if I was you because you will go underweight if you lose any more

In my first 5 weeks of RTM I lost 12lbs according to my scales I have another 1-2 lbs off this week which was week 6. I wouldnt go to your lowest healthy weight before starting RTM if I was you because you will go underweight if you lose any more

Lol at lowest healthy weight. That would be over 3.5stone below where I hope to be (ie about 5 stone from where I am now). I would be ill. That and I couldnt do this for another half a year or so. Anyway Im sure LL would not allow anyone to do that. Surely they wont allow anyway to go on that. even the LLL programme is for 25-29.9 BMI class. (WHICH IS NOW ME I HAVE JUST REALISED:happy036:) On that note how come they allow you to do 4 food packs no food when you hit 29.9, but if you wanted to start at 29.9 you would not be allowed to do the total programme?

My aim was either just above helathy weight class or right on it before rtm.

Calico was saying her LLC wanted her to get to 8 stone 2lbs which is her lowest healthy weight before starting RTM. I would advise against this because she could go below her lowest healthy weight and end up underweight

Calico was saying her LLC wanted her to get to 8 stone 2lbs which is her lowest healthy weight before starting RTM. I would advise against this because she could go below her lowest healthy weight and end up underweight
completely agree. would be very bad, yet still impresive that she has has aimed for that lower end.

sorry wasnt taking the mick, thought they were aimed at my queries

That's the debate I've been having with myself - do I go say half a stone below my target and then start RTM assuming that I will gain that amount by the end in glycogen/water weight or do I go on RTM dead on target (which the top end of healthy BMI) on the assumption that I would stay the same by the end of RTM?

The problem with having my target at the top end of healthy BMI is that it doesn't give me a lot to play with :( don't want to be classified as 'overweight' ever again!

I started 12 lbs above my target weight and reached my target during first 5 weeks of RTM. At this stage I have been eating conventional foods so have already gained back my stores in liver so there is no reason why I won't maintain this weight if not lose more as I am taking regular exercise and eating healthily and am completely conscious of my food choices. I knew i still had weight to lose so didn't go crazy with portion sizes and kept up my water intake.

Thanks for that sandrat.

but thats put doubt back in my mind as to where I should aim for.

originally it was below 14, then 13 now edging towards 13.5. I just dunno. for healthy range BMI I should be max 13st 2lb.

what do i do.

plod on day by day by day I think.

Well I ran out of money thats the main reason I started RTM early plus I wanted to do jogging but wasn't able on the low calories

Well I ran out of money thats the main reason I started RTM early plus I wanted to do jogging but wasn't able on the low calories

same for me on the money front.

Im the only one working atm and it doesnt look good for OH. She has managed to get PT work bringing in just under £300pm starting end of the month which isnt a third of what she had before.

I really need to start dwindling down the packs to buy and move to cheap conventional food.

Yes I know its likely that conventional will be as costly, but really need to look at reducing out goings.

Just totted up and next monday I will have spent £1000 on Lighter life. jings.

I'm with you on the money front Flex though not as severe - will have to start doing overtime to cover it :(

Back