Rubbish 1st loss, feeling upset and annoyed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scorpiolady2710 said:
Let's all try to get rid of the saying..'I only lost xxx' :nono: Whether it's a half pound or a half stone, every loss is good isn't it? :confused:

Isn't that the reason we're all here and going to or following weight loss programmes...to lose? :banghead:

Exactly - funny how its never 'only' a 2.5lb gain isn't??? I've seen people ready to jump off a cliff for this kind of gain!

Let's all try to get rid of the saying..'I only lost xxx' :nono: Whether it's a half pound or a half stone, every loss is good isn't it? :confused:

Isn't that the reason we're all here and going to or following weight loss programmes...to lose? :banghead:

I think we need to keep in mind that we didn't put the weight on overnight so its not going to come off overnight either. I've been following SW for 19 months now & my weight loss has slowed lately but I am slowly but surely chipping away at it. It would be a lot worse if we were gaining

I would like to apologise for the ppl that have had typed less surportive messages on this thread!! We ALL have days where we feel a bit hard done by when the work we put in doesnt always show us the loss we expect.
I had a big loss my first week but then it was half a pound the following week and I was abit dissapointed..Iv even had days where Iv moaned myself about not loosing as quickley as I would like. I think the thing to remember is that everybody is different and we all have different expectations when we start any 'diet'.

2.5lb is a good loss and if you keep that up every week it will soon drop off you! :)
Part of sw is to try n change your lifestyle, so it will be a challenge for you/us not to revert back to old habbits that got us to where we are now. Small steps at first and you will succeed.

This forum is to support ppl, even if there ideas are not the same as ours..some ppl would do well in remembering that...

Good luck with your journey hun, we are all in the same boat. Il keep an eye out for you on here and catch up every now and then :) xx

sargentgirl - please don't apologise for me. I am capable of doing that myself thanks if its warranted.

Support is not patting someone on the shoulder and telling them everything will be alright all the time. Sometimes its about giving people a reality check so that they don't end up off the wagon later on because they did not live up to their own unrealistic expectations. SW is a lifestyle change, not a crash diet, and epxectation should be set accordingly.

I would like to apologise for the ppl that have had typed less surportive messages on this thread!! We ALL have days where we feel a bit hard done by when the work we put in doesnt always show us the loss we expect.
I had a big loss my first week but then it was half a pound the following week and I was abit dissapointed..Iv even had days where Iv moaned myself about not loosing as quickley as I would like. I think the thing to remember is that everybody is different and we all have different expectations when we start any 'diet'.

2.5lb is a good loss and if you keep that up every week it will soon drop off you! :)
Part of sw is to try n change your lifestyle, so it will be a challenge for you/us not to revert back to old habbits that got us to where we are now. Small steps at first and you will succeed.

This forum is to support ppl, even if there ideas are not the same as ours..some ppl would do well in remembering that...

Good luck with your journey hun, we are all in the same boat. Il keep an eye out for you on here and catch up every now and then :) xx

ehhhhh don't be apologising on my behalf, I can apologise for myself thank you very much!!! :mad:

QUOTE: This forum is to support ppl, even if there ideas are not the same as ours..some ppl would do well in remembering that...

......and you could do with dropping the patronising tone on your thread, the op needed a reality check not a pat on the back!!! I give support on this site....when its needed, some people need something else other than support and this thread was one of them!!! Yapping about only loosing 2 1/2 lbs can be a kick in the teeth to others who have lost this and are over the moon about it!!

Last edited:
sargentgirl - please don't apologise for me. I am capable of doing that myself thanks if its warranted.

Support is not patting someone on the shoulder and telling them everything will be alright all the time. Sometimes its about giving people a reality check so that they don't end up off the wagon later on because they did not live up to their own unrealistic expectations. SW is a lifestyle change, not a crash diet, and epxectation should be set accordingly.

Asking someone if there on crack is your idea of being supportive? There are better ways of giving someone a reality check.

ehhhhh don't be apologising on my behalf, I can apologise for myself thank you very much!!! :mad:

QUOTE: This forum is to support ppl, even if there ideas are not the same as ours..some ppl would do well in remembering that...

......and you could do with dropping the patronising tone on your thread, the op needed a reality check not a pat on the back!!! I give support on this site....when its needed, some people need something else other than support and this thread was one of them!!! Yapping about only loosing 2 1/2 lbs can be a kick in the teeth to others who have lost this and are over the moon about it!!

There you go again, please stop speaking to ppl like your that. There really is no need. You seem to have really took offence with what I said...Im sorry but I dont speak to ppl like that ever..let alone sitting behind a computer screen. All Im saying is that if someone needs a kick up the backside there is absolutely no need to talk to them like that. In her defence, she is perfectly within her rights to moan about her loss if she so feels like it...she may have expected more, thats all..Good grief some ppl are so aggresive and judgemental!

sargentgirl said:
Asking someone if there on crack is your idea of being supportive? There are better ways of giving someone a reality check.

It was meant tongue in cheek Hun, and for affect. Please lighten up a bit x

It was meant tongue in cheek Hun, and for affect. Please lighten up a bit x

It wasn't funny and was a little misplaced when someone is looking for some friendly words of encouragement. Believe me I dont need to lighten up lol

Anyways lets not get silly about it all, just agree to disagree on this.

Heres to more succesfull weight loss :)

Thanks for all the replies.. really didn't mean to start an argument lol!! Im my defence work was horrid yesterday, my car broke and I'd been ill so had hardly eaten up until Tuesday. Plus at the new members talk the consultant said some people at group had lost up to 10lbs in their first week. Anyway just thought it would have been more, I didn't mean to offend anyone who had lost the same or less :(

holiday-dieter said:
Thanks for all the replies.. really didn't mean to start an argument lol!! Im my defence work was horrid yesterday, my car broke and I'd been ill so had hardly eaten up until Tuesday. Plus at the new members talk the consultant said some people at group had lost up to 10lbs in their first week. Anyway just thought it would have been more, I didn't mean to offend anyone who had lost the same or less :(

Your consultant should be ashamed for setting such unrealistic expectations. I have never seen anyone loose that kind of weight in their fist week.

And YOU didn't start an argument

Also, of you are unwell your body will retain water, which will affect your weight loss. Stick with it x

I agree with what Kingleds said, Anyone who thinks 'only' losing 2.5lb first week or not, is bad then they really aren't going to stick to it!

Sargentgirl, you've only been on the forum a month, the tone you use in your posts on this thread are insulting. Kingleds is one of the most supportive people on here, perhaps you could read a few posts and see that this was a 'tongue in cheek' comment.

Shirleen said:
I agree with what Kingleds said, Anyone who thinks 'only' losing 2.5lb first week or not, is bad then they really aren't going to stick to it!

Sargentgirl, you've only been on the forum a month, the tone you use in your posts on this thread are insulting. Kingleds is one of the most supportive people on here, perhaps you could read a few posts and see that this was a 'tongue in cheek' comment.

Here here!

Minks ;)

Oh please dont jump on the band wagon!! LOL I exspressed MY opinion just as you are expressing yours right now..

Im sorry if I like to be friendly..

No arguements, just a difference of opinion lol. My first week, someone lost 8lbs and she was the same weight as me..so I do understand where you are coming from. x

Shirleen;4681068 Sargentgirl said:
I dont see that me being on this forum for a month..or a year has anything to do with it at all to be honest. Im really not trying to be insulting. I was actually trying to be supportive toward the person who created this thread. I really didnt like the comments made..plain and simple. I think sometimes comments in written text can be taken out of context and Im sorry if it was ment to be 'tongue and cheek' But I wouldnt say that to someone in a million years. Please dont attack me because Iv been a member on here for less time than you

I don't think you need to defend yourself we are all entitled to our feelings.
Someone at my group lost 7lbs Tuesday, her first week, she admitted though that she had weighed in her jacket and jewellery and she took these of this week..... first week losses aren't always what they seem ;)
Maybe you had eaten quite well prior to starting whereas others may go mad scoffing as they know they are about to start dieting etc etc

I dont see that me being on this forum for a month..or a year has anything to do with it at all to be honest. Im really not trying to be insulting. I was actually trying to be supportive toward the person who created this thread. I really didnt like the comments made..plain and simple. I think sometimes comments in written text can be taken out of context and Im sorry if it was ment to be 'tongue and cheek' But I wouldnt say that to someone in a million years. Please dont attack me because Iv been a member on here for less time than you

Actually I didn't attack you, I said you ought to read a few posts before judging people!

Oh and you can be supportive without criticising other posters.

1st losses vary a lot depending on how bad I think your diet was prior to going on plan aswell as other extenuating factors I.e start weight. Eating before weigh in or not, some people water load prior to 1st weigh in to get the feel good factor oh and a woman's best friend water retention lol! .

For example we have a trucker in my class who started at 20 stone - his diet consisted of pasties, chocolate, burgers, fries, anything greasy and grabable from the side of the road basically - his first week on plan he lost 1 stone 2lbs because he ate fruit and veg and lean meat for the first time in 30 years!

Another guy who also weighed 20 stone but had a fairly decent diet but enjoyed a kebab and a pint lost 6lbs his first week.

No difference in the start weight but a massive 10lbs loss difference.

Were they both as happy as each other heck yeah!

2.5 is an amazing loss so be proud of yourself!

X x x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back