Ruby's Starting Over (Again!)

Argh! This building at work is doing my head in! Power keeps going out because there's a problem with the fuse box. Ended up losing a bunch of work last night because it didn't save properly before the power cut. Came in this morning and we had no power again. Only just got it back and now I have to re-run all the reports I did yesterday. Fingers crossed the power stays on today!

18th June (Week 11, Day 3) - Green

Breakfast - 3 kiwi's, strawberries, blueberries, fat free coconut and vanilla yogurt

Lunch - HM Vegetable Soup, celery, cucumber, carrot, cherry tomatoes

Snack - banana, 2 clementines

Dinner - Carrot, cumin and kidney bean "burgers" with mixed leaves, beetroot, gherkins and grated cheese (HEA)

Snack - Chewy D

Having a low carb green day today just because! Hope you all have a great day!

Hey hun just having a big catch up! Well done on getting to your lowest ever weight, that must feel awesome! I don't know much about success express, but looking at your eats over this past week or so it looks pretty yummy! I definitely need to get on the superfree wagon again and get stocked up tonight when we go to the shops. Looking at all the yummy fruit and veg you're eating is making me drool! :D

I've no doubt you'll get your 2lbs this week, it'll be amazing to be out of the obese range once and for all! xx

Hey hun just having a big catch up! Well done on getting to your lowest ever weight, that must feel awesome! I don't know much about success express, but looking at your eats over this past week or so it looks pretty yummy! I definitely need to get on the superfree wagon again and get stocked up tonight when we go to the shops. Looking at all the yummy fruit and veg you're eating is making me drool! :D

I've no doubt you'll get your 2lbs this week, it'll be amazing to be out of the obese range once and for all! xx

Thanks Bev! Success Express is basically upping the superfree from 1/3 to 1/2 of your plate at least. I'm trying really hard to stick to it and hopefully it will give me the boost I need to stop losing and gaining the same 5lbs over and over.

Had a really rubbish day at work yesterday so didn't fancy my burgers and salad when I got in. Really had a craving for pizza but managed to settle for a SW fry up - 2 Linda McCartney red onion 'sausages', 2 eggs fried in frylite, toast (HEB), pile of mushrooms and some baked beans.

Woke up feeling really bloated and heavy this morning and it's because the dreaded * week is soon approaching. Going to continue drinking 2L+ of water a day and hopefully I won't be as bloated come weigh in on Monday. DF is going on a stag do tomorrow so he suggested going out for dinner. Managed to talk him out of it with promises of HM goulash and I'll make some dumplings for him.

19th June (Week 11, Day 4) - Extra Easy

Breakfast - Banana, strawberries, blueberries, Shape 0% strawberry yogurt

Lunch - HM Vegetable soup (butternut squash, carrot, swede, sweet potato), carrot, cucumber, celery, cherry tomatoes

Snack - 2 clementines

Dinner - HM Goulash (Lean casserole beef, mixed peppers, tomato puree, beef stock, paprika, onion, garlic) with rice, peas and cauliflower

Snack - Chewy D (HEB) and a few cups of tea with my HEA of milk.

Really can't be bothered with work today but I have a to-do list a mile long so better get cracking! Hope you all have a great day.

Yet another nightmare day at work yesterday. Ended up getting home late which sucked because DF is off on a stag weekend to Portugal today so I didn't really get to spend much time with him before I collapsed into bed and he had to leave. Goulash was yummy though!

Have got into work early today (and I'm wearing jeans!) so I can leave at 3:30 because I'm owed some time and if I stay till 4, someone will collar me and I'll end up leaving later than I normally would! Really looking forward to dinner tonight as it's something that DF hates and I absolutely love!

20th June (Week 11, Day 5) - Extra Easy

Breakfast - Shape 0% yogurt, 200g cherries

Lunch - Carrot, cucumber and celery sticks, cherry tomatoes and a grilled chicken breast

Snack - 2 clementines and a mini banana

Dinner - Fish Pie (2 syns) with grated cheese (HEA), cauliflower and peas

Snack - Chewy D (HEB)

Planning on completing another workout tonight and then settling down and watching some Friends DVD's now that I've finished season 2 of Orange is the New Black. Hope you all have a great Friday!

Evening Ruby :), hope your having a lovely weekend hun xx

KAY! So glad to see you back! How are you? Will pop over to your diary in a bit to check up on you. Had a very nice weekend. DF was in Portugal on a stag do so I had the place to myself. Managed to fit in a pamper evening on Saturday and then went to a Christening yesterday and caught up with friends I haven't seen for a while. Then I had to pick DF up from Heathrow and his flight was delayed. So I've only really had about 4 hours sleep and now I'm at work. Feeling very zombie like so will have to fuel myself with lots of black coffee as well as all the water I should be drinking.

Weighed in this morning and I've lost 2lbs! Couldn't quite believe it as * week started yesterday so I'm all bloated. But then again I have completely stuck to plan all week so it shouldn't be that much of a shock. What is amazing though is that's now 2 stone gone and I'm no longer obese! Yay! Also had a NSV at the weekend; went shopping and actually bought something in Mango! I love their clothes but even the large sizes never seemed to fit me. Now I am the proud owner of 2 size Medium dresses which are apparently a 10-12! They're probably meant to look slightly baggier on a 10-12 but they actually fit and look nice on me. I wouldn't say I am a 12 on the bottom half yet but definitely a 14 now, and can get away with a 12 in some skirts. I'm so excited and actually want to go clothes shopping now, whereas before I hated it.

Anyway enough of the waffle, on to today's munchies:

23rd June (Week 12, Day 1) - Extra Easy

Breakfast - Shape 0% yogurt, 200g Cherries

Lunch - Mixed salad leaves, cherry tomatoes, red onion, ham

Snack - 2 clementines

Dinner - ?

Snack - Chewy D

We need to do a food shop tonight so dinner could be anything! Hope you all had a great weekend and have a great start to the new week!

Morning ruby,
Yay to the loss and whoo hoo to the new dresses skinny minny x.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks guys, I am no where near a skinny minny yet Von! Especially since I had a dominoes feast last night. Was so tired after the airport run the night before that I didn't trust myself to drive to the supermarket without having an accident so we decided to order a pizza. And garlic pizza bread. And potato wedges. And chicken strips. And I enjoyed every single mouth full. Did weigh myself this morning and I was only 0.5lb heavier so I'm not going to worry too much about it. Still really tired but got to work early so I have time to get home and go shopping before maybe fitting a work out in.

24th June (Week 12, Day 2) - Extra Easy

Breakfast - Acitivia 0% strawberry yogurt, blueberries

Lunch - Co-op Mediterranean salad with ham

Snack - Banana, 2 clementines

Dinner - Turkey stir fry with lots of veg, noodles, garlic, ginger and soy sauce

Hope you all have a great Tuesday!

Well done on the 2lbs hun, must feel great to no longer be obese, yay! :)

Sounds like you're absolutely worn out lately, poor thing. Don't wear yourself out too much at the gym. Mind you it might give you a bit more energy, I always come out feeling like Rocky! :D

Aww man, I could kill for Dominoes.... :p xxx

Well done on the 2lbs hun, must feel great to no longer be obese, yay! :)

Sounds like you're absolutely worn out lately, poor thing. Don't wear yourself out too much at the gym. Mind you it might give you a bit more energy, I always come out feeling like Rocky! :D

Aww man, I could kill for Dominoes.... :p xxx

To be honest I still feel enormous and can't see the difference in myself, even though apparently its quite obvious to everyone else. But thanks for the support!

And the dominoes wasn't really that nice. Think I've lost the taste for high fat foods recently!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Morning everybody! Have a long day at work ahead of me but I'll get through it. Just popping in quickly to update food and will hopefully be back tonight.

25th June (Week 12, Day 3) - Extra Easy

Breakfast - Shape 0% raspberry yogurt, pile of strawberries

Lunch - Carrot, celery and cucumber sticks with cherry tomatoes and ham

Snack - Banana and 2 clementines

Dinner - Carrot, kidney bean and cumin burgers with grated cheese (HEA) and a pile of salad

Snack - Chewy D (HEB)

Managed to get through 3L of water yesterday! Already 2/3 through my first litre of today!

Morning everyone! DF surprised me with a trip to the cinema last night to watch The Fault in Our Stars. Really enjoyed the film, even though there were parts that they missed out it was still quite faithful to the spirit of the book. I did shed a few tears but it was perfectly acceptable! Because of this unexpected trip, I ended up having a mugshot and a tuna salad for dinner just because it was quick and I could throw it together!

Another busy day at work today; need to get powering through my to-do list before I take my annual leave next week.

26th June (Week 12, Day 4) - Extra Easy

Breakfast - Shape 0% raspberry yogurt, pile of strawberries

Lunch - Carrot, cucumber and celery sticks, cherry tomatoes, ham

Dinner - 3 Linda McCartney red onion sausages, SW Homity Pie (HEA), broccoli

Snack - Chewy D (HEB)

So uh didn't get any of my to-do list done yesterday due to my own stupidity. Thought I'd be nice and help someone out and it then snowballed into me spending hours phoning different departments and trying to uncover why the data wasn't matching up with what's on the system. To cut a long story short IT departments don't appear to tell each other when they're updating their respective systems! That's practically an entire day wasted and no one has bothered to thank me for my time. I don't do things for the reward but a little recognition is sometimes appreciated.

Anyway enough of my moaning! Just going to crack on with what I can. Dad went for his pre-op checks yesterday and everything appeared to be ok so it's all systems go for Wednesday.

On the weight loss side of things, * week has finished so I'm feeling a lot less bloated today. Would be really happy with just 0.5 lbs loss this week to achieve my June goal of 4lbs, but 2lbs would be amazing, leaving me with just a stone to go! Not going to worry about it, we'll just have to wait for Monday.

27th June (Week 12, Day 5) - Green

Breakfast - Special K Granola (HEB), shape 0% raspberry yogurt, cherries

Lunch - carrot, celery and cucumber sticks, cherry tomatoes, more cherries

Dinner - Vegetable risotto (leeks, peppers, mushrooms, spinach, broccoli) with low low stirred in (HEA) and some salad leaves on the side

Snack - Chewy D (HEB)

Decided to go for a green day because I wanted some crunch with my breakfast this morning! Also I can have a double portion of low low if I really want and not feel guilty about it! Hope you all have a great Friday, it's practically the weekend!

Hello hun :), hope your having a nice weekend. I sent u a pm and am posting the link to my new challenge thread on here for you too. Lots of girls are starting the challenge on Monday. Hope you do too. If you have some time try and read the guidelines so your are familiar with the challenge before Monday and you can plan your food shop. Speak soon lovely .

Here is the link to the thread :-

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-teams-challenges/342922-new-kays-salad-challenge.html

Kay xx

Morning everyone. Weekend was a bit pants to be honest as I developed a cold on Friday night that left me feeling like death all weekend. Consequently I spent Saturday and Sunday on the sofa watching episodes of Friends and 24 (depending on if DF was about or not). Back at work today as I have a lot of stuff to finish off before I go to my parents tomorrow. Was supposed to be working a half day tomorrow but I might just book the day off, we'll see how it goes.

Weighed in this morning and I've STS which is fine as it's been * week and I'm now sick. Need to try and give the weight loss (and exercise) a boost this month as I've got mine and DF's 8 year anniversary on the 12th and then a wedding weekend on the 25th. Cue lots of wine and off plan food so I need the rest of the month to be as good as possible so I actually show an overall loss!

Not feeling too hungry today but have planned to have the following if the mood takes me:

30th June (Week 13, Day 1) - Red

Breakfast - Shape 0% strawberry yogurt, 57g dried figs (HEB)

Lunch - Ham Salad (mixed leaves, grated carrot, grated beetroot, cherry tomatoes, ham)

Snack - 2 clementines

Dinner - Baked Trout with stir fry veg

Going to be having a lot of lemsips during the day and apparently they're 1 syn each but I'm not going to worry about it too much. Drinking lots of water to help flush out my system. Hope you all had a better weekend than me.

Hi everyone, it's been almost 2 weeks since I last updated and it's been stressful to say the least. Dad has his operation but we were left waiting for 12 hours from him arriving at the hospital to the time he finally went down. Recovery so far has been ok, just waiting for test results to come back now but that won't be for another 2 weeks. Safe to say that I've probably stayed on plan half the time and had the odd takeaway here and there. Ended up putting 2.8lbs on last week and have sts this week. As of Saturday morning I was showing a loss but it was mine and DF's 8 year anniversary so I drank wine and cocktails and then ate anything I wanted. I'm just glad I didn't put any more weight on.

I have had 2 NSV's though:

- I needed new jeans as mine were starting to fall apart and they were starting to get a little loose. I thought this was due to stretching the fabric so much but turns out I was ready for the next size down! I'm now the proud owner of a pair of size 12 jeans! I've NEVER worn a size 12 anything on my bottom half so I was absolutely amazed. I could definitely do with some toning around the tummy as there is a slight "muffin top" but nothing too noticeable.

- As well as the size 12 jeans, I also bought a size 12 dress to wear to a wedding in a couple of weeks! I was planning on wearing a dress I wore to a wedding when me and DF first started going out 8 years ago, but it turns out that it was way too big now! So I guess I'm now officially the smallest I've ever been clothes wise!

Will come back and update food later. Hope everyone is doing well!

Hi everyone, yesterday got away with me for a bit there but I'm back now. Also started my low impact work out program again from the beginning last night as I want to get all the way through it in the next 4 weeks and then move on to the more strenuous 8 week ones.

On to today's food:

15th July (Week 15, Day 2) - Extra Easy

Breakfast - Special K Granola (HEB), Aldi coconut and vanilla greek style yogurt, punnet of strawberries

Lunch - Ham and cheese Salad (Mixed leaves, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, pickled onions, lots of beetroot, ham, grated cheese) (HEA)

Snack - Banana and 2 clementines

Dinner - Smoked Mackerel with crushed new potatoes, roasted tomatoes, red onion and a salad on the side (5 syns)

Have actually no idea how many syns the mackerel fillets are going to be (Sainsbury basics smoked ones) so hedging my bets at 5 but will keep it syn free the rest of the day just in case. I'm already salivating at the thought of dinner, I'm really looking forward to it!

Hey Ruby :), how are you hun ? I'm just making my way around diaries, catching up. I really hope your dad has a speedy recovery soon hun. You've been through so much over these last few weeks, so well done to you for a sts. I am a big emotional eater and I know I would have gained a couple of pounds. Brilliant NSV moments you've had, woohoo ! It must feel so nice to fit into the smaller sizes (me not so much ,big post about my disaster shopping trip on my diary :rolleyes:) but I'm really happy for you. Sometimes we need to remind ourselves of these fab NSV's to keep going on our journey. I'm sure by the time the wedding comes around you will be looking amazing in your new dress. We want to see pics ! :D It's a mins rule ! Hehe :p. Hope your having a smashing week and good luck for your next weigh in. Your foodage looks fab by the way, mmmm love mackerel :).

Kay xx

Back