Ruby's Starting Over (Again!)

Morning! Dinner last night ended up being a batchelors cheese and broccoli pasta n sauce with broccoli, green beans, grilled chicken and my HEA of grated cheese. Then had a weetabix oaty bar for 3.5 syns. Nice quick dinner at 9pm as my meeting over ran, there were problems with the trains and then we had to do our food shop. But today is a new day!

19th August - Extra Easy

Breakfast - Mini Shredded wheat, Shape ff yogurt, apple

Lunch - Mini Quinoa and courgette bites, mixed leaves, cherry tomatoes, cucumber

Dinner - Salmon with crushed new potatoes, roasted tomatoes and red onion and salad

Snacks - Banana, 2 clementines, weetabix oaty bar

HEA - Parmesan cheese (in quinoa bites)
HEB - Mini shredded wheat
Syns - 3.5

I got the recipe for the quinoa bites from slimming eats and mine have turned into more like mini quiches because it was late and I was impatient with my quinoa. I had half on one this morning and they taste really nice and are quite simple to make so will look forward to having those for the rest of the week with my lunch. Have some cardio and pilates scheduled in this evening, which I'm looking forward to. I've learnt that unless it's in the diary, it's not happening!

Ooh can you please share the recipe for these quinoa bites? :)

and your dinner sounds delicious!

Looks like everyone was doing the big food shop last night! xxxx

Ooh can you please share the recipe for these quinoa bites? :)

and your dinner sounds delicious!

Looks like everyone was doing the big food shop last night! xxxx

I know! My supermarket was completely bare in the fruit and veg department!

Recipe is HERE. There's also one that's similar but with chicken and cooked as more of a quiche type thing. I love her recipes and have challenged myself to cook one thing from her blog every week. I love how it's all SW friendly and usually uses a healthy extra and a couple of syns to make a really good meal.

Thank you :) xx

Morning everyone, just popping in quickly yo update my food while I wait for a report to run (today is going to be a busy day!)

20th August - Extra Easy

Breakfast - 2 weetabix, shape ff yogurt, apple

Lunch - Quinoa and courgette bites, mixed leaves, cucumber, cherry tomatoes

Dinner - Cottage pie (extra lean mince, knorr beef stock pot, worcestershire sauce, potato and carrot mash) with mixed vegetables

Snacks - banana, 2 clementines, weetabix oaty bar

HEA - Parmesan cheese (in the quinoa bites)
HEB - 2 weetabix
Syns - 3.5

Morning. Spent 5 hours working non-stop on an urgent report yesterday which left my brain feeling like mush. Then * week arrived and I've bloated up so much that someone on the train last night offered me their seat because they thought I was pregnant! Still have a bit of a "bump" going on this morning so just keeping up the water and the peppermint tea and hopefully the bloat will start to go. Not feeling too hungry today so we'll have to wait and see if I manage to eat all of this:

21st August - Green

Breakfast - Shape ff yogurt, 2 weetabix, apple

Lunch - Mixed leaves, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, ham

Dinner - Pasta with roasted vegetables (mushrooms, pepper, courgette, onions), spinach and lots of low low

Snacks - Banana, 2 clementines, weetabix oaty bar

HEA - Tub of low low (2 HEA's)
HEB - 2 weetabix / 85g ham
Syns - 3.5

Decided I wanted cheesy carby veggie pasta tonight so hence the green day. Only had ham in the fridge so have had that as one of my HEB's. Have also decided to have a week of the salad challenge next week to give me a bit of a boost after the dreaded * week. Excuse me while I go off to take some paracetamol and try to concentrate on work while feeling like I'm being beaten up.

Oh no bloating can be so evil! I proper puff out when i'm on! The best bit though is I always lose the week after * week :)

Good to know you're still sticking to plan when you feel rubbish xxxx

Oh no bloating can be so evil! I proper puff out when i'm on! The best bit though is I always lose the week after * week :)

Good to know you're still sticking to plan when you feel rubbish xxxx

Glad to know I'm not the only one! Believe me, I wanted pizza last night but I decided that I had an entire weekend off plan last week so this week I'm sticking to it. My one concession was not doing my workout last night but I'm determined to do it tonight instead.

And I've all of a sudden got the urge to learn how to crochet! Will investigate more when I get home.

IT's FRIDAY! The bloat had disappeared when I woke up this morning so I had a sneaky peak on the scales and I'm back down to 11st 6.5lbs! So last weeks gain has completely gone, with 3 days to go. This is spurring me on to keep on track this weekend. We don't have any real plans as OH is on call so we can't go anywhere really. Going to a friend's for movie night tomorrow and I shall take some skinny metcalfe's topcorn with me but I'll stick to water as I'll be driving. Get to leave work early today (2:45!) as I had an out of hours meeting on Monday so will pop along to Primark and pick up a new pair of skinny jeans. The size 14 ones I'm wearing today are literally falling off me, so hoping I can squeeze into a pair of 12's as they are convenient for Friday's when I don't have meetings. On to the food:

22nd August - Extra Easy

Breakfast - Overnight oats made with ff shape yogurt and mixed berries

Lunch - Ham, mixed leaves, tomatoes, red onion

Dinner - Quorn steak strips cooked in fajita spices with onion and mixed peppers, rice, kidney beans, salad and grated cheese

Snacks - Banana, 2 clementines

HEA - Grated cheese
HEB - Oats
Syns - 0

Yes, we're having Fajita Friday! Normally I would just throw caution to the wind and have proper fajitas and not think about the syns for the wraps etc but I've decided that I'm on such a roll that OH can have the wraps and I'll have a fajita bowl instead. Quite looking forward to it! Hope you all have a great weekend!

IT's FRIDAY! The bloat had disappeared when I woke up this morning so I had a sneaky peak on the scales and I'm back down to 11st 6.5lbs! So last weeks gain has completely gone, with 3 days to go. This is spurring me on to keep on track this weekend. We don't have any real plans as OH is on call so we can't go anywhere really. Going to a friend's for movie night tomorrow and I shall take some skinny metcalfe's topcorn with me but I'll stick to water as I'll be driving. Get to leave work early today (2:45!) as I had an out of hours meeting on Monday so will pop along to Primark and pick up a new pair of skinny jeans. The size 14 ones I'm wearing today are literally falling off me, so hoping I can squeeze into a pair of 12's as they are convenient for Friday's when I don't have meetings. On to the food:

22nd August - Extra Easy

Breakfast - Overnight oats made with ff shape yogurt and mixed berries

Lunch - Ham, mixed leaves, tomatoes, red onion

Dinner - Quorn steak strips cooked in fajita spices with onion and mixed peppers, rice, kidney beans, salad and grated cheese

Snacks - Banana, 2 clementines

HEA - Grated cheese
HEB - Oats
Syns - 0

Yes, we're having Fajita Friday! Normally I would just throw caution to the wind and have proper fajitas and not think about the syns for the wraps etc but I've decided that I'm on such a roll that OH can have the wraps and I'll have a fajita bowl instead. Quite looking forward to it! Hope you all have a great weekend!

Loving the motivation missy! Fajita bowl sounds just as yum to me! Love a fajita friday!

And is there any better feeling then buying new jeans in a smaller size! Well done hun. Enjoy your weekend x

Fab news about the de-bloat
Fab news about smaller jeans
And fab idea having a fajita bowl

Girl you are on it! xxxx

Thanks for all the encouragement everyone! Weighed in this morning and I'm 2lbs down from last week so I'm happy. But I'm even happier that we managed to book our honeymoon yesterday! Just popped into town with OH, decided to look in a couple of travel agents and Virgin actually had their flights available to purchase AND 10% off because of the bank holiday! So we're going to Disney World on Halloween next year for a week and then 4 days in New York. Haven't booked our NYC hotel yet as we needed to do a bit of research but will get that in asap. Ended up going for a meal to celebrate, hence the loss this week wasn't as big as it could have been but the salted caramel chocolate tarte I had was worth every bite!

Had a red day today as I'm on Kay's Salad challenge today and to be honest I've enjoyed the carb-free feeling. Now I'm going to pick a film on netflix and elax before heading back to work tomorrow. Hope you've all had a great weekend even if it hasn't stopped raining all day!

HOW FLIPPIN EXCITING!!! Honeymoon sounds immense! xx

I KNOW! I've never been to america so it's twice as exciting. OH's been to Disney before but has never stayed "on property" so it will be a nice experience and he's never been to NYC either. We're hoping to get a day in Buffalo to visit Niagara Falls and go to the stadium and hopefully see a Bills game. OH has promised to order me a Bills jersey with Mrs ******* (my new surname) and 15 on the back (for the year we got married) to match his that already has his surname on it, so I don't feel too left out (even though I'm not a huge NFL fan).

Starting to get really excited about it all and it's all starting to come together. We have plenty of time to sort out the remaining bits so I'm not getting stressed. Have you planned a honeymoon yet Mrscush?

Food wise, today is shaping up like this:

26th August - Green

Breakfast - 2 weetabix, shape ff yogurt, apple

Lunch - Cheese salad (mixed leaves, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, cottage cheese, grated cheese)

Dinner - Carrot, Kidney bean and cumin "burgers" with grated cheese and salad on the side.

Snacks - banana, 2 clementines, weetabix oaty bar

HEA - Cheese
HEB - 2 weetabix
Syns - 0.5

As part of the salad challenge I have to exercise today so will get cracking on that when I get in. I've also managed to get through 2.5 litres of water already today!

That's sounds so fab. Action packed and awesome. Love the idea of the top too with new name and '15' on it.

Yes, we are going to Thailand for 3 weeks. It's where he proposed to me in Dec last year so it's special to us. Just loved everything about Thailand, weather, stunning beaches, gorg hotels, food and such lovely people. I cannot wait to go back! So far only flights booked, but I'm researching hotels still. We plan to stay in 4 places.

Your burgers for dinner sound tasty, how do you make them? Good luck on the salad challenge x

That's sounds so fab. Action packed and awesome. Love the idea of the top too with new name and '15' on it.

Yes, we are going to Thailand for 3 weeks. It's where he proposed to me in Dec last year so it's special to us. Just loved everything about Thailand, weather, stunning beaches, gorg hotels, food and such lovely people. I cannot wait to go back! So far only flights booked, but I'm researching hotels still. We plan to stay in 4 places.

Your burgers for dinner sound tasty, how do you make them? Good luck on the salad challenge x

That sounds like the perfect honeymoon! I'm not good with thai food (allergic to chilli) so I'm a bit apprehensive about going but it is a dream destination.

The burgers are from A Girl Called Jack's blog (famous for frugal cooking) - grate a carrot and fry off with some chopped onion and cumin while boiling some kidney beans. Once the beans are heated through, drain and mash them to a mashed potato consistency, add in the carrot/onion/cumin mixture and form into "burger" shapes and fry off in a pan. Makes about 4 medium sized patties. Very simple, very cheap and very SW friendly!

Morning guys. Had a nightmare journey to work this morning so only just managing to eat breakfast now. Just a quick update with food:

27th August - Red

Breakfast - Shape ff yogurt, strawberries, blackberries, blackcurrants

Lunch - Ham salad (mixed leaves, cucumber, tomatoes, beetroot, gherkins, ham)

Dinner - Pizza Topped Chicken (chicken breast, chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, peppers, cheese) with a salad

Snacks - Apple, banana, 2 clementines, weetabix oaty bar

HEA - 28g grated cheddar
HEB - Weetabix oaty bar
Syns - 3.5

Salad challenge is going well so far, I think it helps that this week is a short week at work! Hope you all have a good day!

Back