Ruby's Starting Over (Again!)

Hey, glad you had a good time! Your poor OH though lol hope he wasn't too hungover to enjoy the next day. Sts is fab! Dreading with on Thurs lol. And big congratulations on the new job :) what a start to the new year! X

He was a little delicate the next day I must admit which wasn't helped by the cold. Guess that's what happens when you down 3 really strong Long Island Iced Tea's in an hour. We worked out that they had at least 4 shots each in them so no wonder he was ill! I'm sure your WI won't be too bad. You are so close to target now! Thanks for the congrats as well. I'm guessing the references worked out fine as they want me in next Tuesday for pre-employment checks.

Yikes long island ice tea?! I'm not surprised he spewed, I'm lucky to get away with one let alone 3! Its practically top shelf and coke lol.
I'm annoyingly close to target but decided to maintain til well into the new year, the pressure of losing was getting too much and sending me off the rails. Its been quite easy so far but there's Xmas to get through...
Glad the refs checked out! What will your new job involve? Xx

Yikes long island ice tea?! I'm not surprised he spewed, I'm lucky to get away with one let alone 3! Its practically top shelf and coke lol.
I'm annoyingly close to target but decided to maintain til well into the new year, the pressure of losing was getting too much and sending me off the rails. Its been quite easy so far but there's Xmas to get through...
Glad the refs checked out! What will your new job involve? Xx

I think thats the sensible choice, no one wants to be actively dieting at this time of year.

New job is still within data analysis but the next pay grade up and working exclusively with NHS community services whereas at the moment I'm in a mental health trust. I'll also be back to working in a team rather than isolated on my own and I'll have to manage some people below me, which is something I've never had to do before!

Morning everyone! Busy day at work today and already I just want to give up because I'm leaving soon! Food today is:

17th December - Extra Easy

Breakfast
- Weetabix oaty bar (HEB), banana

Lunch - Egg muffins and beans

Dinner - Pork steak with mustard mash and mixed veg

Snacks - clementines, hot chocolate (2 syns)

Haha love your comment about sounding like your nan. I'm so turning into my mum and therefore my nan scary stuff lol. Totally get you about motivation at work but wait until references are in hehe xxxx

Hi Ruby hope you've had a good day :) your tea sounds tasty, I have some pork steaks in the freezer I've been wondering what to do with.. Was going to do them Oriental style with noodles but your tea has swayed me. Do you just beat mustard into the mash? I'm thinking a creamy(?!) sauce might go well with that too x

Once I've mashed the potatoes, I just add a bit of mustard powder and keep tasting to make sure it's not too much! Usually I would mix the mustard powder with some honey and coat the steaks in that before grilling but we didn't have any in the cupboard.

Haha love your comment about sounding like your nan. I'm so turning into my mum and therefore my nan scary stuff lol. Totally get you about motivation at work but wait until references are in hehe xxxx

I think I turned into my mum a long time ago! Patience has never been a strong point for me. I've had lots of meetings this week to discuss new reporting requirements and it's so hard to not blurt out that I'm leaving and therefore they won't be getting them in the new year. The one thing I'm not looking forward to is trying to explain to my boss how these rather complex excel workbooks turn into the pretty dashboards that they like to see!

Morning everyone! After a rather busy day yesterday, I'm hoping that the rest of the week is ok. Is it just me though or is this week dragging? Big meeting this morning and then hoping for a quiet afternoon. Major NSV yesterday; was so tired and grumpy when I got in from work that I was all for ordering a pizza but after 15 minutes I managed to resist and instead cooked a lovely meal.

Hoping to pop into town tonight for late night shopping and pick up the last remaining gift I need to get, some last minute cards and wrapping paper. Then I can get Christmas organised this weekend and then relax at the beginning of next week. Hope everyone is keeping well.

18th December - Extra Easy

Breakfast - Weetabix oaty bar (HEB), banana

Lunch - Egg Muffins, beans

Dinner - Paella (fish, prawns, rice, peppers, peas, spinach)

Snacks
- clementines, hot chocolate (2 syns)

Sounds like a nice day ahead for you Ruby :) you sound xmas ready too! I haven't even got my decorations up yet lol. Hoping to do it tonight!
Enjoy your xmas shopping and thanks for the mustard mash info! x

Ended up ordering my friend's present online, just hope it arrives in time for me to post it on Saturday! I never seem to be able to get a present to her before Christmas! We put our tree up on the 1st December. Don't ask me why, it was OH's idea. It's not very spectacular, in fact it is the most rubbish tree I've ever seen which is part of it's charm. We got some decorations from the Prague markets to stick on it though so it's slowly becoming less rubbish.

IT'S FRIDAY! This week has dragged so much and I just want to sleep and not have to get up at 5:30 for once. * week arrived yesterday so I'm not feeling great today but I am determined to stick to plan. Plus I have 2 wisdom teeth trying to make a break for freedom once again. Need to stop complaining and start being positive! The fact that it's pay day today might help!

19th December - Extra Easy

Breakfast - Chewy D (HEB), banana

Lunch - Egg Muffins and beans

Dinner - Fakeaway KFC with SW chips and salad

Snacks - 2 clementines, banana, hot chocolate (2 syns)

Haven't been good on getting my HEA's in this week so I'm going to make my hot chocolate with milk and choc shot tonight just to get it in there. Have no real plans for the weekend. Might try and get the guys round and watch Die Hard (the best Christmas film) with mulled wine and SW mince pies tomorrow night. Hope you all have a great weekend.

Fingers crossed your parcel arrives! Its stressful to shop at the moment, I usually enjoy it but it felt like hard work yesterday, I'm not surprised many turn to online shopping.
I'm having a night in with Xmas films tonight too :) have a lovely weekend xc

Luckily it came on Saturday afternoon so I just had time to wrap and practically run through town to the post office. Town was a nightmare though and I'm really glad I don't have to go back there any time soon!

Morning everyone. I'm not in the best of moods today as I was originally having the whole of this week off work but then I have a physio appointment this afternoon that I couldn't re-arrange. Plus OH kept me up half the night because he couldn't sleep so I'm just a bit cranky. Did lose half a lb this week though which is a miracle since * week is here and I ate 4 mince pies on Saturday (just can't have them in the house!) Now down to 11st 1 which is a little annoying but hey, I'm getting closer to target every day. Going to the canteen for lunch today with a colleague so will try and grab a jacket potato if they have any left.

22nd December - Green

Breakfast - Porridge (HEB), banana, honey (2 syns)

Lunch - Jacket potato with beans and salad

Dinner - Pasta bake (pasta, chopped tomatoes, peppers, spinach, onions), grated cheese (HEA)

Snacks - 2 clementines, mini bag of popcorn (4 syns), hot chocolate (2 syns)

Morning Ruby, hope your day improves. I didn't sleep too well either so feel your pain :-( your food today sounds nice, I think I might do a pasta bake for tea too. Lol at the mince pies! X

It sucks doesn't it! Might have some cheeky garlic bread with dinner tonight as well if I can be bothered to search for it in the depths of our tiny freezer. I just can't be around mince pies, it's like a really bad addiction. I'm a lot better than last year though; I was buying packs of 8 every weekend from the beginning of November and they would have been gone by Sunday night!

Current manager just popped down to say she's written my reference so it looks like I'm on track to hand my notice in next week hopefully!

Morning everyone! Hope you all had a lovely Christmas. Christmas Day was really nice with the parents and even OH's family were on good form in the evening for once! OH bought me tickets to see the Foo Fighters in June which I'm rather excited about. Boxing Day wasn't very good as my nan really isn't well at the moment and that coupled with the Alzheimers isn't a very good mix. Just going to have to wait and see and hope the antibiotics kick in soon.

Have been totally off plan for a week and put on 4 lbs! It could have been worse as I've been eating mince pies like they're air and Christmas pudding with brandy clotted cream after almost every meal! Back on plan starting today and will be starting the exercise plan with a vengeance tomorrow as the wedding is 10 months today! Argh!

29th December - Extra Easy

Breakfast - Porridge (HEB) with blueberries

Lunch - Tuna pasta salad (3 syns)

Dinner - Stir Fry

Snacks - 2 clementines, apple

I'm back in work today and currently I'm the only person in the building, there's no email and I can't access my personal drive so I can't really do any work. Have left my headphones at home so I can't even listen to the radio. It's going to be a long day at this rate!

Hi Ruby, glad you had a nice Xmas though sorry to hear about your Nan- hope she's soon feeling a bit better. Would love to see Foo Fighters! Brilliant pressie. Well done on getting back on track- sure your gain will be off soon, fast on, fast off so they say. What exercise do you have planned? I was thinking about starting on my Wii fit again x

Thanks, she's doing a bit better today apparently so here's hoping the chest infection goes soon. I was quite shocked that he'd managed to get tickets, although it turns out he might not be able to come with me as it's his sister's wedding the next day and he needs to help set up the hall with the rest of the family. Oh well!

Exercise wise I follow the Fitness Blender 8 week plans; they have free videos on Youtube for all their workouts and then they put together 8 week plans that you pay less than £5 for and it shows you the videos you should do on each day in order to get the real benefit from their videos. Can't decide whether I want to do the low impact one for 4 weeks again or if I want to do the 8 week one for busy people.

Back