Ruby's Starting Over (Again!)

Glad your nan is doing better and fingers crossed her chest infection disappears soon.

Fab about the Foos tickets! We are going in may and all excited

What sort of exercises do they do in the vids?

xxxx.

Glad your nan is doing better and fingers crossed her chest infection disappears soon.

Fab about the Foos tickets! We are going in may and all excited

What sort of exercises do they do in the vids?

xxxx.

Thanks! They do a real mixture - yoga, HIIT, strength, cardio, barre and loads more. There are hundreds of videos on their channel and new ones are going up all the time. The plus I find is that there's no annoying music, they don't shout encouragements at you and they are just a really nice couple who genuinely want to help people get fitter.

Morning everyone! Yesterday failed spectacularly; got sent home early because the network wasn't working and then ended up stuffing my face with half a box of ferrero rocher. Determined to be back on plan today.

30th December - Green

Breakfast - Porridge (HEB), banana, gingerbread green tea

Lunch - HM Split Pea Soup (split peas, carrot, potato), cherry tomatoes

Dinner - Quorn Chilli (quorn mince, peppers, chopped tomatoes, kidney beans), rice, grated cheese (HEA)

Snacks - Clementines, 1 ferrero rocher (3.5 syns)

Really looking forward to the soup for lunch as it's so thick and warming and just lovely. Haven't had it in so long and I've had the recipe staring at me from my bookmarks for ages. Really need to get myself a binder for all my recipe's that I find online and use all the time.

Still no access to drives at work or my sent emails so I can't really work on anything. Today could be interesting.

Sent home from work again and now I'm not back in time the 5th! Have just finished my 30 minute workout for today which proved how unfit I am! Determined to stick at it this time.

Happy New Year everyone! We had a quiet one at a friend's house watching Guardians of the Galaxy and then the fireworks. I was driving so no alcohol for me. I'm actually trying to not drink this year as I want to eat and drink as cleanly as possible. Went through a massive sugar detox headache this morning and then slept most of the day after doing my workout. Food has been very on plan today and I'm feeling a lot less bloated for it. Going to finish watching Batman and then head to bed. Hope everyone has had a good start to 2015.

Morning everyone. Workout for the day done and that's the last one of the week. Hoping it's going to have made some difference to my weight on Monday! Nothing much planned for the weekend, just chilling out at home before going back to work next week.

2nd January - Extra Easy

Breakfast - Porridge (1/2 HEA and HEB), blueberries, strawberries, banana

Lunch - Carrot and Coriander soup

Dinner - Fish fillets, SW Chips, mushy peas, cherry tomatoes

Snacks - Clementines, 1 ferrero rocher (3.5 syns)

Well done you being on it :) enjoy your weekend xxxx

Morning everyone! Back at work today (booooooooo) and everything appears to be working so I need to crack on with everything that's been piling up over the past couple of weeks. Weighed in this morning and I've lost half a lb which is a great start to the year as that's what I need to average each week till the wedding. I think it's actually more but my body is doing that stupid "let's retain all the water possible as you've started exercising again" thing coupled with bloating, so fingers crossed for a bigger loss next week.

5th January - Extra Easy

Breakfast
- Porridge (HEB), blueberries, strawberries

Lunch - Bean and Veg soup, cucumber sticks

Dinner - Cabbage, bacon and butterbean stew thing

Snacks - 2 clementines, banana, chocolate oatly (HEA), 1 ferrero rocher (3.5 syns)

The soup is based on a recipe posted by someone on youtube (it's apparently a power protein soup) and it's full of roasted free and superfree veg coupled with chopped tomatoes and various beans. The bit I tasted last night didn't seem too bad and it's made absolutely loads; at least 7 portions in there. Dinner tonight is a Jack Monroe recipe - chicken thighs, savoy cabbage, bacon and butterbeans in a tomato based sauce. Definitely getting my protein in today which is good as I'm back on the exercise tonight. Week 2 starts with bodyweight toning, legs and lower back work for about 50 minutes.

Hope you all have a great day.

Morning Ruby :) sounds a good day! Lots of veggies in there so good on you.
Hope the exercise is going well and your not aching too much! I'd like to work on toning my arms a bit before the big day but not sure how best to go about it- sure some googling will give me an answer!
Soup sounds tasty & filling too. Enjoy your day, hope its productive! X

Morning Ruby :) sounds a good day! Lots of veggies in there so good on you.
Hope the exercise is going well and your not aching too much! I'd like to work on toning my arms a bit before the big day but not sure how best to go about it- sure some googling will give me an answer!
Soup sounds tasty & filling too. Enjoy your day, hope its productive! X

My legs were killing me all weekend but seem to be ok this morning. I've heard kettleballs are great for toning the arms, and the program I'm doing contains a lot of arm focused strength training with weights and bodyweight.

Lots to be getting on with at work but no motivation to do it!

Sounds like yummy food to me and good to hear that you're back on the exercise too! Power protein soup should be useful

Well done on your loss - definitely a great start to the year xxxx

Sounds like yummy food to me and good to hear that you're back on the exercise too! Power protein soup should be useful

Well done on your loss - definitely a great start to the year xxxx

Thanks Jess, I'm determined to be on plan as much as possible this year and get to target asap.

Morning everyone. Another day, another dollar as the saying goes. Lots of meetings ahead of me today so will be a bit light on the work front again. Workout last night went well, although I had to miss out one of the moves as I just couldn't do it (something involving mountain climbers). Still feeling rather bloated but hoping that the increased water intake and the regular peppermint tea will help with that.

6th January - Extra Easy

Breakfast - Porridge (HEB), mixed berries

Lunch - Veg and Bean soup, cucumber sticks

Dinner - Some bacon, cabbage, mash mixture

Snacks - 2 clementines, banana, oatly chocolate milk (HEA), 1 ferrero rocher (3.5 syns)

Soup yesterday was lovely so I'm excited about having it again tonight. OH is fasting tonight so I have to fend for myself and I have half a savoy cabbage to use up after yesterday's dinner. So will do some colcannon / rumbledethumps thing with the left over bacon as well. Workout is a pyramid HIIT routine, which I'm not looking forward to! Hope you all have a good day.

Ah yes mountain climbers - google them :)

Sounds like you're on it girl :)

What is colcannon/rumbledethumps?!?!

Lol I remember mountain climbers from insanity :-/ 'burpees' were the worst (not to mention have a dreadful name lol) x

I love burpees ;) haha (I don't really but have to do so many at bootcamp I don't now mind them as much!) xxxx

Ah yes mountain climbers - google them :)

Sounds like you're on it girl :)

What is colcannon/rumbledethumps?!?!

With the mountain climbers its a stamina thing, I just can't get on with them, and Monday involved jumping to alternate sides inbetween rounds of MC's and my legs just gave up on me after about 45 seconds!

Colcannon is basically mashed potato with cabbage and rumbledethumps is similar with onion and is usually baked in the oven with cheese. I ended up having half a savoy cabbage fried off in frylite with bacon and then mixed it all through some mash potato and it was lovely.

Back