Ruby's Starting Over (Again!)

I can't stand burpees either but I can see that I'm getting stronger as I can do more this week than I could last week. Last night was a pyramid HIIT workout that was 15 seconds > 30 seconds > 45 seconds > 30 seconds > 15 seconds of activity with 15 seconds break between each bit and it wasn't too bad. Abs are killing today though after all the jacknife crunches though. Have no idea what today's workout is but I have a feeling it's cardio followed by some arm stuff.

Will hopefully be starting the new job on the 9th February, which can't come quickly enough as I have no motivation to do anything. Need to try and get on with lots of things today though.

7th January - Extra Easy

Breakfast - Porridge (HEB), mixed berries

Lunch - Veg and Bean soup, cucumber sticks

Dinner - Quorn swedish meatballs, mash, mixed veg

Snacks - banana, 2 clementines, oatly chocolate milk (HEA), 1 ferrero rocher (3.5 syns)

Caught up a bit! Phew - you're really smashing the exercise - you're making me feel ashamed, so keep it up and I might actually be forced to get off my backside and DO SOMETHING.

Caught up a bit! Phew - you're really smashing the exercise - you're making me feel ashamed, so keep it up and I might actually be forced to get off my backside and DO SOMETHING.

It's taking a lot of effort to actually motivate myself to do the workouts but I have a picture from a friend's wedding in July, where I thought I looked good and I look enormous, sitting on the side in the living room. That way every time I'm following a work out I can see what I don't want to be anymore and somehow it inspires me to carry on through the pain / exhaustion / burning.

Its amazing how unflattering pics/clothes/memories can spur you on.
I like to slim into things (feels more like positive reinforcement) but everyone has 'fat clothes'- nothing more satisfying than putting them away! I never dare throw them tho ha x

I know what you mean, I sometimes throw on some jeans and only when I'm halfway out the door do I realise that they're about 2 sizes too big!

Morning everyone. Yesterday was not quite as manic as I thought it would be but some of the people in the building really do try my patience when I need to concentrate on work.

Came home to find a parcel containing a dress I'd ordered off ebay for a friend's wedding in February. Props to RosiePops who convinced me to order it as he bridesmaid dresses are from the same seller and she was really happy with them. This dress is a beautiful rich purple colour with some lace detailing and perfect for the black tie dress code. I'm seriously considering ordering the same dress in navy for my bridesmaid as it totally goes with the idea I had in mind for her. There is one slight issue though; it may be too big by the time the wedding comes around! I ordered a 12 thinking I'd have to slim into it a bit as stuff I've had from China before has been a bit on the small side plus I'm not a true 12 all over yet. But it fits perfectly as it is and the top part may even be a little big at the moment! Oh well, the wedding is 5 weeks away and I'm going to wear it anyway!

8th January - Green

Lunch - Veg and Bean Soup, carrot sticks, yellow pepper strips

Dinner - Mushroom and leek garlicy herby pasta with cheese (HEA)

Snacks - Banana, 2 clementines, chocolate oatly milk (HEA), 1 Ferrero Rocher (3.5 syns)

I'm making my pasta with one of the newish garlic and herb quark cooking sauces. I'm sure it has syns in it but not sure how many. Anyway, I doubt it would take me over my daily allowance.

NSV with the dress :) and also really useful if it sorts out your bridesmaid too! Well done on the exercise - I'm getting back into that next week xxxx

NSV with the dress :) and also really useful if it sorts out your bridesmaid too! Well done on the exercise - I'm getting back into that next week xxxx

All this exercise is making me feel more positive and energetic (even if I'm not sleeping well recently). Makes me wonder why I stopped and let myself get so unfit in the first place. Tonight is more HIIT cardio I think. If I don't post tomorrow then you know why!

Glad you like the dress Ruby! The quality of the ones I ordered astounded me. The sizing is pretty generous for China!
Don't write off having it fitted- there's a local seamstress here who, for example, took a dress from a 12 to an 8 for a friend of mine & it only cost a fiver! Any local markets etc? It will depend on the design of the dress & how easy it is to alter but well worth considering, you don't want to drown in it & with all this exercise there'll be nothing left of you in 5wks!
Food sounds nice today, I haven't seen the new quark sauces but that sounds up my street x

Glad you like the dress Ruby! The quality of the ones I ordered astounded me. The sizing is pretty generous for China!
Don't write off having it fitted- there's a local seamstress here who, for example, took a dress from a 12 to an 8 for a friend of mine & it only cost a fiver! Any local markets etc? It will depend on the design of the dress & how easy it is to alter but well worth considering, you don't want to drown in it & with all this exercise there'll be nothing left of you in 5wks!
Food sounds nice today, I haven't seen the new quark sauces but that sounds up my street x

Oh I hadn't thought about that. Will have a look around to see if anyone local can do it the week before maybe.

I haven't tried them either but it was on offer and I was going to have a garlic and herb sauce anyway so thought I'd go with the quark one rather than waste a healthy extra on cream cheese. They do a lemon one which is apparently good in deserts and a tomato one that looks like it would be good in pasta too.

Morning everyone! I can report that the garlic and herb quark cooking sauce was delicious. I did end up adding the entire tub to mine as I didn't think half was saucy enough but then it ended up being a little too much by the end. Will definitely buy it again and now I want to try the tomato one. Had a sneaky jump on the scales this morning and I've lost 1.5 lbs since Monday. Just hope I can maintain that loss and maybe add to it over the weekend. We're going back to the home town as it's OH's Mum and Sister's birthdays so they want to go for a meal. Apparently we're going to a local pub and from looking at the menu, the only vaguely slimming world appropriate meal is the salmon with new potatoes and asparagus. I'll take my chances, not have a desert and stick to the water and hopefully it will be ok. I love salmon anyway so it's not like it's something I wouldn't normally eat.

9th January - Green

Breakfast
- Porridge (HEB), mixed berries

Lunch - Veg and bean soup, carrot sticks

Dinner - Quorn beef strips, peppers, onions in fajita spices with sweet potato wedges, grated cheddar (HEA)

Snacks - Banana, 2 clementines, oatly chocolate milk (HEA), 1 ferreo rocher (3.5 syns)

Good job on the loss Ruby :) I had a sneaky peek yesterday & am 1lb down, was hoping to have lost 2 by WI on Monday but not sure I can!
Glad the quark cooking sauce was nice- I'll pick some up next time I'm shopping as it can be a lifesaver- I used to use jars/cooking sauces quite regularly pre-sw. I don't mind cooking from scratch but if you're stuck its good!
Your tea today sounds yum, hope you have a nice Friday! X

Good job on the loss Ruby :) I had a sneaky peek yesterday & am 1lb down, was hoping to have lost 2 by WI on Monday but not sure I can!
Glad the quark cooking sauce was nice- I'll pick some up next time I'm shopping as it can be a lifesaver- I used to use jars/cooking sauces quite regularly pre-sw. I don't mind cooking from scratch but if you're stuck its good!
Your tea today sounds yum, hope you have a nice Friday! X

I usually make my own and was going to do the exact same thing with some quark anyway so thought why not pick this up. Plus it was cheaper too!

Have just received an email inviting me to 'corporate bowling' in a couple of weeks with my new employer, plus 'cocktails' after. I guess there are worse ways to meet your new colleagues than when they're drunk... I'll have to drive to get there so will be sticking to the fizzy water I think.

Hope everyone is having a good Friday. It's been busy but I'm slowly winding down for the day. Only an hour and a half till home time!

That sounds like a good option with eating out to me!! :) xx

Morning everyone! So I weighed in this morning and I've lost 3.5lbs! That's the entire Christmas gain gone now and I'm back to my lowest weight which is excellent.

Weekend was ok; meal out ended up being in a different pub (it's a very long story) and I was strong and didn't have a starter or desert but ate a salmon bake that was basically a massive salmon fillet topped with crab meat, mashed potato and cheese and served with mixed veg. It was quite tasty and the only relatively on plan thing on the menu. OH's mum is on SW too (but she thinks I'm just using the odd recipe here and there) and she was about as far off plan as you can get! Not going to hold it against her as it was her birthday but still. Lots of talk about future sister in law's wedding while I just kept to myself as I don't want to give too much away about ours.

Back to work today and it's the start of my last 4 weeks here, even though I was offered 3 different jobs on Friday in a bid to get me to stay within the Trust. It's nice to be wanted but sometimes you've just got to let go!

Week 3: 12th January - Green

Lunch - Kale and leek soup (although it looks more like green water), carrot sticks

Dinner - Stir Fry veg, wholewheat noodles, soy sauce, chinese five spice, garlic, ginger

Snacks - Banana, clementines, oatly chocolate milk (HEA), 2 boiled eggs, 1 ferrero rocher (3.5 syns)

Hope you all had a good weekend and a great start to the new week.

Amazing loss - well done! :0clapper:

That's a cracking loss, well done! X

Thank you ladies! I think it's just the exercise effect catching up with me from last week. It does mean that I am now 6 weeks ahead of schedule with my losses so hopefully if I do have a slip up then I'll still get to target on time.

Back