Ruby's Starting Over (Again!)

Just FYI, the "soup" taste is still in my mouth 2 hours after I've eaten it. Might have to make some quinoa salad to go along with tomorrow's batch.

I've got to admit ruby you didn't sell it to me with the green water!

Thank god it's only enough for today and then I can make some split pea soup if needed!

Morning everyone. Had yet another rubbish nights sleep so decided to take the slow train to work this morning and have an extra 30 minutes sleep on it! Came in to loads of emails but again, have no motivation to do any of it but really need to crack on. Only 25 days till I'm gone from here and a lot to do! Also have my last physio appointment this afternoon so that should be good as my physio is lovely.

Week 3: 13th January - Green

Breakfast - Porridge (HEB), mixed berries

Lunch - Kale and Leek 'soup', carrot sticks

Dinner - Quorn bolognase stuffed butternut squash, grated cheese (HEA)

Snacks - Banana, clementines, oatly milk (HEA), 1 ferrero rocher (3.5 syns), 2 boiled eggs

Yesterday was an arm day and I am so proud that I actually managed to do 32 proper pressups when 2 weeks ago I could barely manage 1! OH was even watching to make sure I kept my back flat and keeping to proper form. I can see and feel m body changing and it's just spurring me on to stay on plan and keep up with the exercise. Tonight is a leg night so that should be interesting.

What is it with everyone having sleeping problems?! It's weird eh?

I think it's partly to do with the weather (the neighbours back gate doesn't latch properly so it's just left banging around in the wind) and partly to do with my shoulder issues which just so happen to be on the side I sleep on. Fingers crossed tonight is better.

Just back from my physio appointment where I had a lovely massage even if it was painful at times. Really don't want to do more work as I'm so blissed out by it!

Firstly congratulations on loss
Secondly congratulations on being your lowest weight
Thirdly congratulations on being ahead of schedule weight loss wise! Good times chick!

Food sounding good :) xxxx

Thank you ladies! Feeling very good at the moment about a lot of things and hoping this will carry me forward. My stomach is definitely smaller and my face is thinner after only 2 weeks of giving it my all. I know it's a marathon and not a sprint but I like that the changes are visible now.

Still don't have my confirmation letter from the new job so will be calling them today. Have a supervision meeting with manager number 1 today where I'll probabaly get stuck with even more stuff to do. Oh well, only 3 and a half weeks to go (hopefully).

Week 3: 14th January - Extra Easy

Breakfast - Porridge (HEB), mixed berries

Lunch - Leftover quorn bolognase with quinoa

Dinner - Chicken casserole (chicken thighs, onion, carrots, butternut squash, herbs, stock), mash potato and mixed veg

Snacks - banana, 2 clementines, oatly chocolate milk (HEA), 1 ferrero rocher (3.5 syns)

Tonight is balance and toning with some cardio I think. Starting to get into the routine so much that OH actually set the TV up with the first video for me last night before I got home from work. I keep asking if he want's to join in but he's happy just sitting on the sofa reading about NFL while I'm jumping around everywhere.

You're doing so well with the exercise, I hate exercising in front of my OH (and my dvd players broken) so thinking about taking my laptop & insanity to mums house to do it there! I should be left in peace to flail around like a loon.
Do you find you have better losses keeping your syns low? X

I hate exercising in front of him too as he usually starts asking me important questions when I'm doing flutter kicks or something! I sometimes take my tablet and go in the bedroom when it's just weights or something as I don't need much space for that. It's a pain when we just have a tiny 1 bedroom flat, there's no where to exercise properly!

As for syns, I've never really been one to use all of them anyway. I'd rather use them as part of a meal than have 10 syns of chocolate just because I can. My losses are usually 1lb a week but as you can see from my signature, I didn't have a great loss last year due to messing about a lot of the time (you cannot eat half a large papa johns pizza with potato wedges and chicken dippers and expect to still lose weight). I'd maybe try to lower them and see if it helps just to mix it up a bit.

I know what you mean with the questions! My home workout of choice is usually insanity but I might look into 30 day shred. A lot of the exercises insanity use, OH has done in the army and so criticises my attempts lol.
I was looking back at when I first started my diary and surprised to see I often had quite low syn days, so I might drop them to 10 instead of all 15 & see if it makes a difference. God I've never had a papa johns, the cals terrified me! Are they amazing? X

Firstly congratulations on loss
Secondly congratulations on being your lowest weight
Thirdly congratulations on being ahead of schedule weight loss wise! Good times chick!

Food sounding good :) xxxx

...sorry I'm behind on diaries Ruby, but well done on all 3 counts (as Jess has mentioned above), that's flippin fantastic ! :D I'm so happy for you hun, your doing super :p. Please can u pass on some of your slimming vibes to me, I so need them after December :rolleyes: lol .

Kay xx

I know what you mean with the questions! My home workout of choice is usually insanity but I might look into 30 day shred. A lot of the exercises insanity use, OH has done in the army and so criticises my attempts lol.
I was looking back at when I first started my diary and surprised to see I often had quite low syn days, so I might drop them to 10 instead of all 15 & see if it makes a difference. God I've never had a papa johns, the cals terrified me! Are they amazing? X

I could never get on board with Insanity but did try P90X a few times but that got annoying rather quickly. Papa Johns pizzas are amazing but now there isn't one in Guildford, the temptation has been removed!

...sorry I'm behind on diaries Ruby, but well done on all 3 counts (as Jess has mentioned above), that's flippin fantastic ! :D I'm so happy for you hun, your doing super :p. Please can u pass on some of your slimming vibes to me, I so need them after December :rolleyes: lol .

Kay xx

I'll try Kay, although my slimming vibes are just hanging there by a thread at the moment!

Morning everyone. Super tired today after a bad and stressful nights sleep. Ended up having a weird dream about OH messing around in an airport and making us miss a flight and for someone who hates being late for things as much as me I woke up in an absolute panic!

Didn't manage to exercise last night as I was home really late and just wanted to eat and go to bed. Think that's part of the reason why I wasn't in the right frame of mind when I went to bed last night; I was exhausted but not in a good way. Usually that would cause me to fall off the wagon but I'm just taking yesterday as a rest day and pushing things back a day this week. So tonight it's Balance and Abs!

Week 3: 15th January - Extra Easy

Breakfast - Porridge (1/2 HEB, after it exploded all over the microwave), banana, honey (2 syns)

Lunch - Leftover Chicken stew with carrots, onion and butternut squash

Dinner - Vegetable Risotto (mushrooms, peppers, spinach), 1/2 tub of low low cheese (HEA), mixed leaves

Snacks - 2 clementines, 1 ferrero rocher (3.5 syns), 200ml oatly milk (6 syns)

Bit higher on the syns today because of essentially the 2 HEA's but I look forward to my chocolate milk after a workout! Hope you all have a good day, I'm going to try and just get through today and then go home.

There's a papa johns in town and at fresher's week (which I have now attended 6 tines!) They give out really good deals but the cals always put me off. Stupid really cos they don't put me off dominoes and they're probs similar!
The most annoying bit of insanity is the beginning when Shaun T shouts "c'mon y'all, let's gooooo' really really loud.
Other than that I quite like it because its intense but they explain how to do stuff which is good for someone as useless as me ;-)
Struggling to move a bit today- my abs are so sore. Press ups, tricep dips and some other torture planned for later..
Have a good day Ruby xx

Afternoon everyone. Had a rubbish start to the day: 2.5 hour commute this morning due to lots of signal problems and then had a wasted 3 hour round trip to another site to visit payroll who told me that I would have to wait 3 weeks for them to sign and stamp a form for my new job! Not a happy bunny. Now I'm back in the office and can't motivate myself to do anything. 2.5 hours till home time anyway!

Week 3: 16th January - Green

Breakfast - 2 weetabix (HEB), banana

Lunch - leftover risotto and mixed leaves

Dinner - Quorn steak strips with peppers in a syn free enchilada style sauce, sweet potato wedges and grated cheese (HEA)

Snacks - 2 clementines, carrot sticks, oatly chocolate milk, 1 ferrero rocher (3.5 syns)

After my intense workout tonight I'm just going to chill out and watch some House (even OH has started getting into it). Tomorrow night I have book club which I'm rather looking forward to and then I'll be spending the rest of the weekend trying to clean and declutter the flat as always!

Just wanted to say thanks for sending me that link!
And I feel silly calling you Ruby now lol x

You're welcome, and it's fine, Ruby is kind of a nickname from way back and no one ever calls me by my actual name anyway, not even at work.

Back