Ruby's Starting Over (Again!)

Morning everyone! Happy Monday to all! It may be * week at the moment but I've lost a whole pound this week and I'm now dead on 11st. New lowest weight ever. I actually feel that I look skinnier and I think it's all down to the exercise. So 3 weeks in and I've lost 5lbs, which is the most I've ever lost in a month, and the month isn't over yet. Plus there's only 3 weeks left at work so I'm doubly excited today. Oh and it was snowing when I left the flat this morning so that's put me in a good mood too.

Week 4: 19th January - Extra Easy

Breakfast - Porridge (HEB), mixed berries, black coffee

Lunch - Veg and bean soup, banana

Dinner - Sausage casserole (3 syns), mash, mixed veg

Snacks - clementines, oatly milk (HEA), baby gherkins

There's only 4 workouts planned this week so I'm doing them Tues - Fri and having a break tonight. Hope you all had a good weekend; spent Saturday night at bookclub debating the merits of VLCD's versus just eating less and moving more and then yesterday cleaned the flat and then binge watched House while OH spent the day steaming his face as he's got blocked sinuses at the moment. Hope you all have a good day!

Well done! You're flying!

Thanks! I definitely feel like I am at the moment. Just need to keep focused on the long term goals and hopefully I'll be ok.

Eeek just had three people at work telling me I look like I've lost weight! Have just found a lovely vegan recipe for making cinnamon rolls so may have to crack out the christmas present at the weekend and get mixing some dough together.

Well done you! you should be really proud with that loss. 1 stone exactly from target - eek :) xxxx.

Well done you! you should be really proud with that loss. 1 stone exactly from target - eek :) xxxx.

Thanks Jess, I've actually lowered the target as well by half a stone which seemed impossible a few months ago but now I think I can definitely get there (and maybe slightly lower as well).

Thanks Jess, I've actually lowered the target as well by half a stone which seemed impossible a few months ago but now I think I can definitely get there (and maybe slightly lower as well).

Definitely :) see how you feel as you can always change your mind! I think I'm lowering mine by half a stone too but then that's it xxxx

Morning everyone! It's so cold here, we had snow again this morning when I left for work. It's not cold enough to settle which is a shame because I'd love a snow day! Another long day at work ahead of me but back on the exercise tonight, think it may be HIIT with some pilates style stretching afterwards.

Week 4: 20th January - Green

Breakfast - Porridge (HEB) with mixed berries

Lunch - Veg and bean soup, cucumber and carrot sticks

Dinner - Mushroom and butternut squash risotto with low low stirred through (HEA), mixed leaves

Snacks - 2 clementines, banana, oatly milk (HEA)

It's snowing here lots today but still no snow day :/ xxxx

Hey Ruby, your food sounds nice today, I'd like to make some soup after reading about yours! Just a bit stuck for fridge space after doing the veg shop yesterday :-/
Good luck with your exercise, I struggled today but did a bit x

I don't know what I'd do without my soup maker now. I also struggled with exercise last night, couldn't catch my breath and just felt really drained after such a short space of time so had to bail out after about 20 minutes.

It's snowing here lots today but still no snow day :/ xxxx

No snow here today :(

Morning. Not feeling great this morning. Had a really bad sleep again last night, and have been having weird heart flutters on and off since I woke up. Pulse feels slightly elevated and I'm a little light headed now I think about it. It feels like the start of an anxiety attack but I have nothing to feel anxious about. If I feel any worse then I'll go home, but just going to try and take it easy.

Week 4: 21st January - Green

Breakfast - Porridge (HEB), mixed berries

Lunch - Veg and bean soup, cucumber and carrot sticks

Dinner - Jacket potato with beans and cheese (HEA) and salad

Snacks - Clementines, banana, gherkins

Going to take a break from the excercise this week and start Week 4 again next week.

Are you taking enough rest days?

I'm having 2 a week and usually that would be enough. Going to take a break for the rest of the week and then ease myself back in next week.

Sounds like a good idea to me. Take care of yourself today,I hope you start to feel better. Anxiety is a funny thing and probably linked to you not sleeping too well. Do you drink coffee or lots of black tea or coke or anything? I've found I'm quite sensitive to caffeine and that can cause these sort of symptoms.

Sounds like a good idea to me. Take care of yourself today,I hope you start to feel better. Anxiety is a funny thing and probably linked to you not sleeping too well. Do you drink coffee or lots of black tea or coke or anything? I've found I'm quite sensitive to caffeine and that can cause these sort of symptoms.

You're probably right, the lack of sleep is really starting to get to me at the moment. And I've really cut out caffeine over the last few months; coffee very very rarely (maybe once a month) and green or herbal teas and no fizzy drinks, just water.

Boss has just gone into yet another meeting so will give it till lunch time and then make a move I think.

Sounds like lack of sleep to me honey. Drinking a cuppa helps me or some water and fresh air xxxx.

Thanks for the concern everyone. Feeling a bit better today, but still a slight flutter there in the chest. Not sure if the feeling better is due to the early night (but still full of interrupted sleep) or the big fat pizza that OH ordered last night. He'd had the day off to prepare for a big interview he's got today and that combined with me not feeling great meant that neither of us was in the mood to cook. Not too worried about it, what's done is done and I've been so good for the last 3 and a half weeks.

Today is a new day and I'm back on plan and back at work with lots to be getting on with both ready for handing over and additional work that's been thrown at me at the last minute!

Week 4: 22nd January - Extra Easy

Breakfast - Porridge (HEB), banana

Lunch - Veg and bean soup, carrot and cucumber sticks

Dinner - Cod fillet, SW chips, mushy peas

Snacks - 2 clementines, oatly chocolate milk (HEA)

It sounds like you're having quite a stressful time at work which is probably upping your anxiety levels. Try and get some time today to just sit quietly and have some peace and calm.

I know how you feel, stress is bloody horrible. :bighug:

Back