Ruby's Starting Over (Again!)

It sounds like you're having quite a stressful time at work which is probably upping your anxiety levels. Try and get some time today to just sit quietly and have some peace and calm.

I know how you feel, stress is bloody horrible. :bighug:

Good to hear you're feeling a little better, yum to pizza ;-)
Agree with Sal, if you get chance for a time out grab it. With a little fresh air if possible! X

I think you're both right, this whole leaving thing is stressing me out more than I realised. Going to try and escape at lunch time for a walk in the park. In the meantime I'm plugged into the radio and taking 5 meditative breaths every 20 minutes or so. Seems to be working so far.

Morning everyone, it's been a busy few days: Friday was a nightmare at work and looks to continue this week, Saturday I got my hair cut for the first time in 11 months and then had some friend's over for an evening of watching films and catching up and Sunday OH wasn't feeling too good so we stayed in and watched some more films.

Weighed in this morning and I've STS. Happy with that after pizzagate during the week but I would have loved to have been in the 10's. Back on the exercise this week so that should help me shift something.

Week 5: 26th January - Extra Easy

Breakfast
- Porridge (HEB) with banana

Lunch - Leftover roast chicken, mixed leaves, coleslaw (3.5 syns)

Dinner - Quorn meatballs, mash, mixed veg

Snacks - clementines, banana, oatly chocolate milk (HEA)

Hope work isn't too terrible! I can imagine you're ready to start winding down but guess they have other plans!
Sts after pizza is good, my pizza cravings are getting unbearable lol. Keep trying to figure out the lowest syn one!
Happy exercising, I've stuck to my arm ones just hope they make a difference! Did you take measurements? X

Hope work isn't too terrible! I can imagine you're ready to start winding down but guess they have other plans!
Sts after pizza is good, my pizza cravings are getting unbearable lol. Keep trying to figure out the lowest syn one!
Happy exercising, I've stuck to my arm ones just hope they make a difference! Did you take measurements? X

I would love to start winding down (2 weeks to go!) but yes, they have other ideas. Plus I have to handover to 4 different people, all of whom have differing levels of ability when it comes to IT so writing all the handover documents is taking a lot of my time too. I just want to try and minimise the number of phonecalls I'll get from people not knowing what they're doing.

Pizza wise, have you tried pizza topped chicken or pizza toast? Cauliflower pizza crust is meant to be quite good or you can use one of the B-free wraps as a HEB? The SW pizza dough recipe is quite nice also.

I didn't take measurements, and don't really have many 'before' pictures but I wish I had on both counts. Still, I know I look different and I'm getting smaller. Actually, I just remembered that I have a full set of measurements from when I ordered my wedding dress, they aren't from the very start of the journey but they're something I can at least compare to.

Wedding dress measurements will be a good comparison, I'm sure the exercise will be toning you right up. Good that you can see it too :)
I haven't yet tried the wrap pizzas but used to enjoy a pitta pizza- maybe it will help the craving. If you use a fine cheese grater the cheese seems to go a lot further too.
I've seen mixed reviews on the cauliflower one- stuff on p-interest looks fab. Might be one to experiment with.
Ohh don't envy you with the handover stuff- trying to explain computer stuff to non-IT people is so frustrating. I'm trying to teach my mum a bit at a time when I have patience lol z

I'm having a pizza made with a wrap tonight - they turn out pretty well really.

I love how crispy they get so you can fool yourself into thinking you're having an extremely thin crust pizza.

Wedding dress measurements will be a good comparison, I'm sure the exercise will be toning you right up. Good that you can see it too :)
I haven't yet tried the wrap pizzas but used to enjoy a pitta pizza- maybe it will help the craving. If you use a fine cheese grater the cheese seems to go a lot further too.
I've seen mixed reviews on the cauliflower one- stuff on p-interest looks fab. Might be one to experiment with.
Ohh don't envy you with the handover stuff- trying to explain computer stuff to non-IT people is so frustrating. I'm trying to teach my mum a bit at a time when I have patience lol z

The legs and arms are definitely smaller, and my shoulders are becoming a bit more prominent. Just need to tone the booty and the tummy and I'll be happy.
It's the whole explaining things that I do all the time without thinking that stresses me out. Things like pasting as values, changing cell references and explaining the magic of conditional formatting to my boss took over an hour. I can't imagine what she's going to be like when I tell her about macros...

Right enough procrastinating, back to the typing.

Morning everyone, had a very productive day yesterday and now have just 1.5 guides to write. Then there's the joy of actually taking people through everything.

Going out for lunch today with my outcomes group (kind of a delayed Christmas meal / early leaving do) to a local tapas restaurant. I'm not good with tapas usually as a lot of the tomato sauces are spicy and that's not good for me. Looking at the menu there's a tomato, mackerel and sweet pepper salad and a goats cheese salad that looks fine. Might have some spinach and squash empanadas if they don't have chilli in them. I'm dosed up on prescription strength anti-histamines and the hospital is 5 minutes away so I'm not too worried! Going to try and stay away from the bread and stick to water.

Week 5: 27th January - Extra Easy

Breakfast - Porridge (HEB), mixed berries, honey (2 syns)

Lunch - ?

Dinner - Jacket potato, cottage cheese, salad

Oh no - allergic to chilli? That's terrible. Poor you.

You could have a green day and choose the goats cheese salad knowing that you were using A's and B's for the cheese? Just a thought. :)

Have a nice lunch anyway!

Oh no - allergic to chilli? That's terrible. Poor you.

You could have a green day and choose the goats cheese salad knowing that you were using A's and B's for the cheese? Just a thought. :)

Have a nice lunch anyway!

I know, it's a pain but it could be worse.

Ended up having the goats cheese salad and the piece of goats cheese was just about enough for 1 HEA. Roasted beetroot with it was quite nice though. Not too sure what to have for dinner tonight now; either jacket potato or some pasta with garlic sauce and mushrooms etc. Will see how I feel after a workout later.

Happy 'Hump' day everybody! I really am falling apart; ankle started hurting on the walk home from the station last night so no exercise for me this week. Well apart from bowling on Friday with the new work colleagues. It's still a bit painful this morning and I've taken the opportunity to wear my big comfy vans and jeans to work because I can.

Ended up having two baked sweet potatoes with cottage cheese and salad last night and enjoyed every bite of it.

Week 5: 28th January - Extra Easy

Breakfast - Porridge (HEB) with banana

Lunch - Tuna salad with mixed leaves, gherkins and coleslaw (2 syns)

Dinner - Quorn 'chilli' con carne, rice, grated cheese (HEA), mixed leaves

Snacks - 2 clementines, metcalfe skinny topcorn (4 syns)

I wouldn't have minded if it was exercise related but this was just a random niggle that got worse and then travelled up to my knee! We always joke that OH needs to be taken back to the shop because of his epilepsy but I think I'm more broken than he is at the moment.

Morning everyone! 9 months today I shall be stressing out at my mum probably because it will be my wedding day! Seems like time is going so quickly at the moment, it's so scary. Filled with even more determination to get to target as quickly as possible so that it's one less thing to worry about.

Today is going to be spent handing over all my work to various people. Not looking forward to it because I think that my way of doing things is probably not what everyone else would do.

Week 5: 29th Jan - Green

Breakfast
- 2 weetabix, banana

Lunch - Leftover Quorn chilli, rice, salad, tblspn of quark

Dinner
- Macaroni cheese (2 x HEA), salad

Snacks - 2 clementines, popcorn (4 syns)

OMG! 9 months? How exciting - are you almost ready for it?

Wow 9 months today! Time is indeed flying, you'll be at target in no time though; you're doing so well! Is there anything major you need to sort still? I've got a list 3 pages long :-O
Good luck handing over today- hope it goes smoothly x

I know, it's kind of freaking me out! The only 'big' things left are ordering the suits (got an appointment on the 7th to do that), sort out the cake (got someone to do it, just need to sit down and tell her what we want), buy a bridesmaid dress (know what one I want, just need to her to tell me what size she wants me to order) and have a hair and makeup trial (have someone who's agreed to do it, just need to confirm a date). Then it's all the little things like decide on food, little decorative bits and music. Oh and book a car, and a hotel for the night before. And print the invitations and get them sent out a bit closer to the time.

You have even less time Rosie! I have multiple lists, but I think it would be about as long as yours if I were to put it all together!

IT'S FRIDAY! And I couldn't be happier. One more week to go and it can't come quickly enough. Seriously, I had 3 hours yesterday of an administrator questioning every. single. thing. I was handing over to him. Usually I'm fine with people asking questions, but when he spent 45 minutes telling me he didn't like the font I used, or the colour scheme (it was RAG rated for a reason) or why do I have to download 4 different bits of data for this one report (because you just do, the tables don't like being linked together in any other way) then I really get annoyed.

And breathe.

On the plus side I'm only in work for half a day today as I have an appointment with the nurse this afternoon and then I'm off out bowling with my new work lot. I've not been bowling for a while so I just hope I don't end up embarassing myself.

Week 5: 30th January - Extra Easy

Breakfast
- Porridge (HEB), banana

Lunch - Bacon, eggs, tomatoes

Dinner - Pasta with mushrooms, spinach and peppers in a garlic and herb sauce made with quark

Snacks - clementines, popcorn (4 syns) and oatly chocolate milk (HEA)

Back