Rumbly Tums Diary - restart 2013 :)

ooohhh today is a fab day.
so happy and so positive and so controlled. (well it is only 10am!!) hope you have a safe trip back from picking up your beautiful girl... :)

Day 15
Groundhog day - bloody pain-in-the-rectum ground hog day. OOOOOOOOh I long to wake up to water and a chemical shake. I fight off the need to nick food when preparing daughters meals every friggin ground hog day. I lick the air of every house we pass on a morning walk and can taste the bacon and toast every blasted ground hog day. I am just always dying for my next bottle of water and shake. But sometimes I am that hungry I could eat my dogs poopy just to curb it.

He heeeeeeee.

Actually, whilst that sounds really sarky, I actually do love my mint choc shake. Its my fave part of this diet. Without it Id be nothing if not fatter.

I drove home from Mums today and as part of her twice weekly treat, I got my daughter her mc heart attack lunch. As we were in the car, the smells were magnified and then sucked through the vents only to be re-vented back to me - My eyes went all swirly and my zombie-like state made me utter the words "fooooooooood, I need fooooooooood". Instead I slurped on a bottle of bloody water for the millionth time since starting this godforsaken eating regime.

Not only that but we got caught in tail backs on the M62 and I was in PAIN having to hold my water; holding out for the next service station for me to go and only take relief and pee like a horse. The woman in the next cubicle must have thought i was someone having sex in there as I was so relieved that I went "ooooooooooooh and aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh" out of pure ecstasy. Im not kidding you, it was the best feeling in the world.

Day 15 is almost over and Ive been a good girl. Can't wait for weigh in on Tuesday to reflect the good losses I deserve for being such an angelic CD'er.

Last edited:
Well done you. xxx
Don't it feel nice. Ya haven't even got ya pants down yet and your there for about the next hour or so... hehe.
Glad ya got home ok. And can't wait to see piccies:)

Hello- i just wanted to pop on and say i sat and read your entire thread last night, it made very good reading- your doing really well and you have great support from your minimins followers lol!
Keep up the great work!

Re: That's it - im going in...my diary

Hey hun....
Just checking in with you... I've had a fab day today... and plan on some more to come...:):):).
Hope you have a fab weekend.. I know ya said your prob not about.. (well o think it was this weekend...)
Sending loads of hugs and come on we can do it vibes

Day 16
I'm away this weekend and travelled four hours to get to the venue..... I had planned pee stops and made a shake in the car at one travel station.

I'm at a very posh hotel with coffee stations in every room with endless supplies of bickies, fruit and chic brownies. I've not been tempted at all.

The restaurant cooked me fresh cod with green beans for tea and whilst all my buddies had puds, I supped water.

I am unbelievably restrained...... I could just blow it and give in but my unusual will power is astounding!

Two more days of this restraint is required though but I'm determined to crack it xx

Last edited:

If anyone can do it you can... and I really hope that when you get on the scales on Tuesday it will show off all your hard work...

Have a fab time... what ever it is you are up to... and look forward to having updates when you can....

Hey hunny, just checking in that ya made it back ok.....
Missed ya round here... I have done ok over the weekend.... but I guess the real test will be Tuesday.... Aaaahhhhh

IM BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!

Not only have a got constipation from hell (Ive got 5 days of it in there - :() but I am a nervous wreck from holding back the will power from not diving into cooked breakfasts, buffet lunches and carvery dinners. I managed on shakes, bars and a plain piece of fish for tea or chicken with a few green veggies. I should be proud of myself but it took some bloody stamina, I can tell you xx

Im going to catch up with you all in a minute or so......... hoping the laxatives kick in.

Day 17 and 18
I can't tell you how liberating it feels to bypass the restaurants mouthwatering offerings of pies, casseroles and thick stews in favour of a lump of fish or chicken. I mean I would happily dive in to all that but like I keep saying - Im not wasting £40 a week to have a gain.

Its been mental torture, Im not going to deny it. The girls at the event have been offering choc and cakes out literally on tap, the full cooked breakfasts were not even attended by me nor lunch which were hot buffets. I did attend dinner but suffered with my fish and chicken pieces which the restaurant cooked unadulterated for me!

It pained me to see the girl next to me fill her tummy with a creamy mushroom and leek gratin followed by profiteroles. Saying that I did savour my meat and veg and told myself the reward will come soon.

I walked a LOT over the weekend too so I should see some fabulous results. Even if it will be 3 or 4 lbs, I know its off and STAYING OFF.

On a more delicate note: I have had 5 days worth of "non movement" from my bowels literally tear out of me today. Compacted is NOT the word. When I had my daughter, I promise you that is was less painful. I was crying in pain but thankfully its all gone now. Im suffering as a result now so Im off to get some laxatives tonight to make sure this NEVER happens again.

Missed you, Minis x

wow you have done so well to resist and I bet you feel amazing :)
I am glad you have managed to sort your 'problem' out , I have just been researching what laxatives are best on CD as it always makes me really really constipated !! what are you going to use ? I used dulcolax in the past but finds it gives me really bad cramps .. think I may give movicol a try .... hmmmm

You are doing so well , I am back on day 1 now and hope to have the same will power as you :)

I admire you for staying so strong.. absolutely brilliant...

I take a green tea tablet to prevent any blockage that may happen... maybe that's something to take everyday.... just a thought....

I get mine from boots.. its a digestive antioxidant (can't spell) and helps keep your metabolism going... not sure how true it all is, but they work for me

Soooooo how were those liquid after eights... and are you looking forward go tomorrow......

Put on a pound with tonight weigh in.... so that will teach me! I'm a naughty girl!!!
But its the cdc weigh in tomorrow... so we will see how it goes.... don't think its gonna be the 4lbs I wanted though... lol. I've also still not come on.. Grrr so I'm still holding that and the pains before it.. so I know its coming.. it can just be a pain sometimes and arrive late.

Day 18
Today was same old same old. My daughter is back at school and life after my weekend event gets back to normal. I had my wonderful choc shake this morning in bed and I literally savoured every last drop.

I had a terrible time with me constipation and i know I wrote about this earlier but god, it was the most painful thing I have ever experienced. Put it this way, I read 5 chapters of my book without a single movement but every time I stood up, the urge was worse than being in labour. I sat there crying my eyes out thinking I was going to have to call in a doc to give me an enema (worst nightmare realised). My poor dog was wimpering at seeing me cry :(

Tonight I had a lovely piece of chicken for my tea and my cd bar for afters which i swear to god makes this diet seem like a breeze.

NOTE: I bought a beautiful dress for a party at the end of this month and it fits really nice. Its a strapless maxi dress - HERE (be warned, the prices on this site are FABULOUS). Just need some arm covering item if anyone can suggest one (please)

Hi!
Just wanted to say I love reading your thread, it's one of the ones that inspired me to do this diet. You actually make it sound easy (apart from the constipation!) and I bought mint choc shakes because of you! Love them too!
Thank you for the lovely comments on my diary page, I look forward to joining you on this weight loss adventure!
Pinkxx

Rumbles, my friend! Sorry for not posting on here for a while. Been absolutely manic at work, and haven't had much access to the internet lately.
Rumbly, I just want to say that you are a constant inspiration to me in the way that you are so strong and determined. As for the constipation - I've experience that before too. Very painful! I now use Psyllium Husks (not sure of spelling..:eek:) along with Cambridge Fibre in almost every shake. That seems to be working for me.
Anyway, Hon. I will catch up with you soon. Take care. xx:)

Back