Jodieboo

Gold Member
Hey everyone.

Thought it would be best to make myself a new diary. Finally back following the Slimming World plan after faffing around for nearly a year.

This time last year, I was referred to Weight Watchers via my GP. I did that for 12 weeks and lost half a stone. But I just couldn't get on with it. Then I did calorie counting for a bit but still wasn't overly happy.

The last 2 months I've been following the 5:2 diet. I thought it would be great! Talk about having your cake and eating it. Eat what I like for 5 days and fast for 2? Sounds like every dieters dream. But no.. where's the control? There is none!

So here I am, back to my old faithful. I lost 4 stone on Slimming World back in 2013 before I fell pregnant with my son. And since that pregnancy, I've just expanded and expanded and now I'm a few pounds less than my start weight back in 2013. I need to do something about it!

So as it stands right now, I have 6.5 stone to lose.

Lets get cracking.

Go you.... you know you can do it :D

Good luck, keep that motivation going.

So. Tomorrow is shopping day AKA day one.

Next weeks evening meal plan:

Friday - Curry
Saturday - Grill up
Sunday - Meal out for my nans birthday
Monday - Jacket spud, SW quiche
Tuesday - Lemon and garlic chicken
Wednesday - Spag bol pasta
Thursday - Corned beef hash (maybe)

My only gripe about Slimming World is that I tend to find it costs a lot more than other diets - shopping wise. I'm going to try and keep to a £60 p/w budget for 3 of us.

I'm sure you will do great hun! I've found it to be pretty cheap, however I was eating ALOT of take aways and things so I'm spending my money else where I guess! x

New week, new me.

Decided that it was silly restarting this way of life two days before going out for a birthday meal, so I got the weekend out the way and started fresh on a new week today.

Had my syn free breakfast already. Going to take a bit of getting back into it - especially because in my food cupboard there is half a brioche loaf, 5 snacksize Snickers, fruit loaf (one of my favourites), and 12 soft squidgey white buns.

Need to be good!

Good start to the week :)

B: - Fruit salad topped with vanilla Mullerlight. Coffee with dash of milk and 2 sugars - 3 syns
L: - Sliced ham, boiled eggs, jacket potato with hXa cheese, 1 tsp margarine, side salad - 1 syn
D: - Mushroom and onion Mayflower curry, boiled rice - 4.5 syns
S: - Sugar free jelly with added strawberries - 1.5 syns
Homemade fizzy icepole with strawberries

These sound awesome, how do you make them?
sounds like you had a good day!! x

Thank you, it felt good being back on track! Need to make some syn free snacks for the evening though. I nearly caved and had a bag of crisps! That's a habit I've got to break though. Literally, once my son is in bed then the naughty treats come out lol! I'm swinging by Asda tonight to pick up some Quark so I might make a half syn roulade :)

For the ice lollies, all I did was buy lolly moulds from Asda and chopped up some strawberries, put them in the mould and then filled it up with lemon and lime fizzy pop :) the fizz went slightly so I'm a bit disappointed in that. But nice enough to eat, nonetheless :) xx

Another fab day again here.

B: Fruit salad topped with toffee Mullerlight, coffee with 2 sugars and a dash of milk - 3 syns
L: Chicken & sweetcorn pasta salad - 6 syns (mayo)
Banana
D: Grill up! 2x sausages, sw chips, grilled tomatoes, mushrooms, frylight onions, baked beans, egg - 1 syn

Still some syns left for snack time later :)

Had a productive day cleaning too. Went for a wander around town yesterday and found a linen scented Zoflora!!! Two of my favourite things lol :) So today I've ZoFlo-ed the floors and steam mopped and got a lovely Yankee Candle burning. Ultimate freshness!

13815042_1770765423208108_53807386_n.jpg

Thank you, it felt good being back on track! Need to make some syn free snacks for the evening though. I nearly caved and had a bag of crisps! That's a habit I've got to break though. Literally, once my son is in bed then the naughty treats come out lol! I'm swinging by Asda tonight to pick up some Quark so I might make a half syn roulade :)

For the ice lollies, all I did was buy lolly moulds from Asda and chopped up some strawberries, put them in the mould and then filled it up with lemon and lime fizzy pop :) the fizz went slightly so I'm a bit disappointed in that. But nice enough to eat, nonetheless :) xx

I will deffo have to try them.. they sound refreshing too!
well done for not caving on the crisps... im the opposite, fine in the evenings its in the day at work I struggle.. working in an office doesnt help!
xx

Bloody hell, I'm not surprised these Asda sausages are only half a syn for 2. Talk about LEAN! Felt like I was biting into an overcooked pork joint! Not bad though, one of the nicest low fat ones I've tasted!

5054781049708_280_IDShot_3.jpeg

haha ive not seen these yet!
are they okay though or would you not bother again? xx

haha ive not seen these yet!
are they okay though or would you not bother again? xx

Yeah, I think they're okay! They are very lean though so it doesn't feel like you're eating a sausage - apart from the shape! But they were really nice. I like them better than any other low syn sausages I've tried in the past. They're reasonably priced too - £1.50 for 8.

I used to buy the Linda McCartney sausages before and these are cheaper and actually have a meat content so win-win in my book :)

Not to mention, with the higher meat content than a normal sausage, they're a lot more filling too! x

Had a stupidly rough night last night. God knows what was wrong, but I was up every hour.

Went to bed at 11.30pm, didn't fall asleep until around 1.30am, then up every hour after that. Finally fell into a deep sleep around 5.30am and then got woken up at 8am by workmen block paving the junctions on the estate. Not nice being woken up by a jack hammer smashing its way through tarmac. You'd think I'd be used to it by now though, considering I've lived on a glorified building site for 18 months now!

I shut the bedroom windows and tried having a few extra minutes in bed, but then my son decided to alert me of his consciousness by kicking the crap out of his bedroom wall through his cot bars. Nudged my other half and asked for an extra hour in bed. Yeah - like that happened!!! He's still in bed now, an hour and a half after I had to get up with Jacob.

:badmood:

Back