Run up to my wedding

Watergirl

Rock Solid
Hello to anyone reading this :D

On day 2 kind of (goods didn't arrived till yesterday pm, so had already had some breakfast which was a smoothie)

My goal is 10th June, my wedding day! I am going for my first fitting in 5 weeks though, so am hoping to have lost 2 stone by then...aiming high. Although it took my 6 weeks on Cambridge to lose 2 stone.

I've been low carbing since the beginning of the year and have lost a stone, but it's just not quick enough for my wedding, so decided to return to a trusty VLCD! Hopefully it won't let me down.

Really impressed with the products and their price, so far. The bars are delicious - going to have to make sure I don't have more than one a day. Chocolate shake, hot, it nicer than the CD one. I will miss CD tetras though.

Be interesting to see if my tastes for each product changes. So far had the 2 bars, Thai soup (not keen, found it overly lemongrassy!), and choc shake.

Really wish the prices were the same for all the products, as I could live off choc shake and bars. Don't really like any kind of soup normally, so don't have high hopes for them.

Definitely need to treat it as medicine. Had about 4 ltres water today, along with gallons of coffee and my soup.

Interesting reading the threads that Extante and the people on the forum encourage exercise. With CD sole source you're advised against it and it often slowed down peoples' losses. Wonder why the 2 recommend different things when they're essentially the same sort of diet.

Anyway, looking forward to having a shake later, tummy rumbling like crazy. Can't wait for that to stop. We've run out heating oil as well, so I can't do my usual going to have a bath to distract me!

Thanks Joanne. I know it will destress my massively. We're pretty much all sorted with plans, but the only thing I worried about was getting into the dress. Until I started this and experience a massive sense of relief, I had no idea just how stressed I was.

Hi and welcome!

Good luck with exante, you can sooooo do it and what a great motivator...a wedding!

We have roughly the same stats so I will be following your diary for inspiration and lotsa motivation :D

Speak soon xx

Wow, you're doing great so far Summer Rain - it's nice to have someone of a similar size to compare notes with. I really hope that I lose a stone in the first two weeks, although I had an upset stomach this week before starting, didn't eat much and know I lose a tonne of water.

It's strangely comforting being on this sort of diet because I know it works. I did say that I wouldn't get married if I couldn't fit into my dress!

Well day 3 has been positively easy in comparison to yesterday. My stomach was rumbling loads then, but not been hungry all day. Thinking the low carbing has helped ketosis come on early.

Had a bar at about 8:30 and then wasn't hungry until about 4. Had a tomato and basil soup, which was lovely, especially as I'm not keen on soup.

Possibly try a banana shake later, but might have to give it away as I hate milkshake. May end up having to have a chocolate one then. Not drunk as much water today as been so busy sorting out honeymoon and wedding.

Have a meal tomorrow, so will low carb, not drink and not have dessert.

Survived the meal and have kept carbs low. Feeling a bit hungry now, but resisting. Off to bed soon. Won't be in ketosis, but feeling so driven to the goal that I'm not going to be swayed despite having had to go for this family meal.

So tomorrow might be a bit tougher, but once that's out of the way should be okay. Hate having social things planned in - really gets in the way. Got people coming for dinner on March 5th and again on 12th, but that's more drinks and nibbles. Not much I can do having invited them before starting this, so will just have to stick to the low carbing and exercise it off.

Good luck. Your goal is deffo doable and you sound in such a posative and motivated frame of mind!

Congrats on the forthcoming wedding.....you WILL get in that dress!
Xxxx

Thanks Mrs Wibblewobble - great name!

It's such a relief being on this diet. With other diets you never know if you're going to lose and it seems easier to stall. I've only lost a bit of weight since seing family, but a few people said I look like I've lost loads - think it's probably all moving around and hoping into the right places :)

Had a nut bar this morning and have started taking psyllium husks with a probiotic. I remember last time on CD I got a bit of constipation and then a nasty 'overflow' so I'm hoping this will help me avoid that.

Am already down nearly 2 litres of water, but not running to the loo, so think that food from yesterday is making me hold onto it a bit. Working from home today waiting in for oil delivery - out of oil which means no hot water or heating. I've heard shivering burns calories lol, so looking on the bright side :)

Second shake down at 1:30, but feeling hungry already. Nearly done another 2 litres, along with countless cups of coffee. Have a vanilla shake with coffee tonight, but going to leave it as late as possible.

Toilet habits becoming strange today and no movement. Still taking the husks so hopefully that will help.
Only had about 3 litres of water so far, but getting there. Been so busy today - too busy to get home for lunch and walk the dog.
Decided that I love the vanilla shake hot, maybe even more than chocolate. Should never have tried it with coffee in, even though it was okay, because it's delish on it's own! Like white chocolate. Am much prefering these products to real food at the moment, which is making it feel so very easy thank god. Forgotten how much I miss being on this sort of diet.

So nice to not have to think about food all the time and wonder what I'm having at my next meal. They are so tasty as well.

Aww thanks Shanny :) much appreciated. I think having a big goal definitely helps!

Believe it or not the strawberry and the banana are nice with coffee in them. You seem to be getting on ok with the flavours - but just in case ;)

xx

Good god, really?! That sounds vile lol. I could possibly try it with banana, but anything strawberry has always made me gag.
Not sure what I can do about the chicken soup, short of holding my breath.
Not keen on Thai!

So today I've had toffee and nut bar for breakfast and vegetable soup for lunch. Soup not the nicest thing in the world, but edible. Will probably have chocolate for dinner.

I am worried because I don't really feel I've lost anything. I am normally a daily weigher, but haven't this time round, as want a nice surprise. I know that this diet can be unpredictable and sometimes you have a bit of a whoosh when you least expect it.

However, my clothes feel no looser at all. I officially started last Friday, but had had 2 products on the Thursday and a soya shake for breakfast that I made myself. Prior to that I cut out carbs and I think I had my big loss there, so I'm not expecting too much, which will be disappointing as last time I lose loads in the first week.

OH said that it probably won't be much because I was strictly low carbing before hand and have actually probably increased my carbs with thi diet. Just want it to come off so quickly and I know that this is the quickest weight. I remember last time though literally having to get smaller clothes after a week. Cannot wait for that time to come.

Thanks Shanny. I think I've actually gone into ketosis today. I bet I've not been in it all week, as started Thursday pm last week, then had planned family meal on Sunday, which will have knocked me out.
I didn't think there was any point delaying it until after my meal and knew that I could get back on track with ease.
So probably only just in ketosis now from Sunday's meal.
Work up at twenty to four, which is always a sign for me - early waking. Then today I've been manic - talking non shop, full of energy, feeling positive.
Don't always get that buzz on meal replacement diets, but have this time, so not complaining.
Thought it was happening as yesterday I was weeing like crazy, losing all the water.
Had bar for brekkie, choc orange. Then had tomato and basil soup for lunch and wasn't hungry, but had it anyway.
Will have choc or vanilla for dinner.

Feeling so positive and happy - got into a new dress that was too tight last week, so have been feeling good for the first time in ages today. Almost back to my old self. Am thinking if I get to 13 and a half this week I'm only 2 stone heavier than I usually am. Then more to lose for the wedding, but the goal doesn't seem insurmountable and I think it will only be a month before I can ge into a lot of my old clothes again.
Got loads of fat clothes that I've bought purely for their slimming effects, that I cannot wait to get rid of :)
Back to work in a min - just in between meetings ATM.

This weekend doing wedding things - florists, chair covers, suit hire - can't wait!

Have you ordered your dress? I got married 9 months ago and I am so jealous if anyone who gets to plan a wedding!!

Back