Run up to my wedding

Had to come home from work today as have a virus. It's a recurring one and so I have some antiviral medication, which will hopefully halt it!
Thought it was the diet making me tired or low blood sugar, but took a glucose tablet and no change. So had a nap on sofa earlier. Then postman arrived with my detox body wrap - hoping it lives up to the claims made on This Morning by Vanessa!
Also got some deadsea bath products, so might have a bath later.
Scales are lower than last Saturday and it appears to be dropping off!!!! Finally feel I'm getting to have a crack at it. Lunch on Friday will defo be low carb, so it won't be much of a hiccup!
So literally exactly 2 stone heavier than my lowest when I went to Orlando. So, I feel that I can at least get that off before the wedding. Will be 12 weeks on Friday. In theory, going at it with no cheats I know I could do 3 stone. However, I have a Mothers Day dinner, my hen weekend (that's weekend, not night - bugger!) and then my Parents meetings my h2b's Dad and stepmum a week later. So there are a fair few things in there. It puts it into perspective - I really cannot afford to be anything less than 100% on the days where I don't have anything going on. OR I WILL FAIL lol.

Did the body wrap earlier and it took 1inch of my stomach, but nothing off hips and they are my worst area! So perhaps I don't have many toxins in my body.

Getting major head cravings this afternoon. My cravings are always for protein, which I'm sure people think is a good thing, but it's not - you tend to then think you can maybe get away with a bit of this and that and I don't want to get into that mentality.
Still got another shake to have and have just had a massive coffee, but the head cravings aren't going. Had about 5 litres water today and have a headache. Maybe just the virus. I often find my worst days are followed by my best losses though, so fingers crossed.

Well that bad day was following by a good loss :) I have lost a lb a day since Monday, so very pleased. After the meal there was a slight rise, but that's gone and another 3lb so far. Wondering just how well I will be able to do when I have no interruptions at all!

OMG getting so close to those 12s. I think I will actually do a dance when it happens. I'm less than 2 stone heavier than my lowest weight and keep thinking - that's nothing. I've lost so much more in the past and so have others. So 2 stone is a molehill, not a mountain. Be nicer if I didn't have the pressure of the wedding, but perhaps I wouldn't do so well then.

Ill be doing a dance when I hit those 12s as well Liz. Ive been off Exante since January and havent managed to lose any weight at all so they have been teasing me by being so close for months now. Ive had to come back to Exante just to get into them, lol.

Ooh, another 12s chaser! We'll get there :)

Lost 3.5lbs this week, which is good going after having the BBQ and drinks last weekend. Just shows if I'm 100% it can happen even if you have a planned event.

Had my lunch today and am so proud of myself. Had a mixed grill, which consisted of half a chicken breast, a small rump steak, gammon and 1 sausage, a mushroom, tomato and salad. Had most of it, but couldn't finish the gammon (not my fav!) and the salad wasn't so nice or the mushroom. Then 2 black coffees. Am so happy that I didn't crack as I would normally have some chips, exercise and get back onto it. So I reckon it won't have slowed me at all.
1 week tomorrow till first dress fitting. Looking at suits for h2b tomorrow.

Oh well done for doing it in style, you made excellent choices and deserve those good losses.

Thanks Smallerme :) that's really nice to hear. As much as I have commitment, I do struggle when faced with temptation. I have more admiration for people who do this diet and have to cook for their OH's or kids. My OH gets his own food thankfully, although I do get tempted by the cat and dog food at times....the things this diet makes you think about eh?!

Not posted on here for a while! Having a really good day today and for no particular reason - just feel on a high. I find ketosis can make me feel really crappy or really good.
I have just ordered some Miraclesuits for my honeymoon. Got two as not sure which will look nicest. One in a size 12 and one in a 14.
Reality kind of hit me today and I'm thinking it's not possible for me to get to 10 stone. It's 3 stone away and it's 6 weeks till my hen do and 11 weeks till the wedding. I could potentially lose 3lb a week, apart from the week of my hen do, so that 30lb. Realistically 2 stone is more likely. So I think I will get to 11 stone. I know I'm a size 10/12 there, so should fit into the dress.
Did my inches today and have lost 8 in total now. Got 14 to go.
Dress fitting Saturday. Will be interesting to see if it's anywhere near. My hips are 4.5 inches smaller than they were.

Wedding plans coming along nicely. Got suit hire sorted. Went over budget, but they are exactly what he wanted and so he is really happy and excited. All that's left is his ring.
Lost nothing this week so far, but am half an inch down from last week all over. I am not even going to try and figure that out! Seems this time round on a VLCD I am losing inches more than weight and it was the other way round last time. I am pleased with that.

After having such a happy day yesterday am having a crap day today. Had to take two of our cats to the vets for teeth cleaning and 1 to have an extraction. Now I know it's fairly routine, but when I'm stressed I have irrational thoughts, so just been worrying about them basically. Wasn't concentrating when I took them this morning and reversed out of the drive and very nearly hit a taxi. It was going way to fast and came from nowhere, but it was still my fault.
Think everything culminated in that moment and BF was coming up the drive with the dog and I just started crying.
Am pretty stressed out at the moment with running the business, had staff issues that have only just been resolved, massive corporation tax and VAT bill to content with this month, wedding to plan, diet to do and it's too much!
So I've taken the rest of the day off. Had to go and see a client earlier, but done now. Going to change cat litter, shave cat (she has long fur and it's getting warm), clean windows to let some light in, take dog out, pick up some deliveries from work, do some exercise and then veg out in front of the telly.
Crikey, my day off actually seems quite busy. Be nice when I've got most of that done.
On the plus side I bought some beautiful marcasite earrings earlier. Wasn't sure if marcasite would have enough impact, so wanted to get them before the dress fitting on Saturday. Right, off to do chores!

What a busy life! I'm smiling at the image of you shaving the cat :) I'm really impressed that you didn't say that you were so stressed that you wanted to eat, you must be a very positive person. I hope the rest of your day goes better and you wake up feeling jolly tomorrow.

Aww thank you :) I swing from positive to negative quite quickly lol. Today is a good day. Am finally dead on 13 stone, so tomorrow I'll see the 12's. Was nearly 15 stone just after Xmas, so that's 2 stone gone, but need to definitely shift another 2 stone in the next 11 weeks. Will aim for 3lb a week loss. Any more would be lovely, but know that I'll probably not lose the week of my hen weekend, so will aim for a STS.
Got today off and it's nice to not be working :)

Nice to see you having another positive day today! Well done on the loss and good luck for hitting the 12s tomorrow!

Bad days seem so long, glad you're having a better one today.

The 12's are calling you......good luck x

Still wasn't in 12s today - exactly the same as yesterday, but not to matter.

Went to try dress on and basically need to lose another 5 inches off everything. It's such a shame as cannot really see the dress on properly as it won't do up. So can't try shoes etc. They said to bring shoes, do hair and makeup and I remember thinking at the time that it was pointless because I wouldn't be able to get in it. So that's annoyed me a bit, coupled with how cold and vague the person there was. Just didn't take to her at all. No warmth about her in any way, shape or form. They were lovely when I went to look at dresses, went out of their way to get me a dress in that I liked, asked about the wedding.
In the cold light of day when you're already a customer they really act like they're not remotely interested. I know they see brides day in, day out, but would it hurt to make dress fittings a fun occasion?

She did say that they have me booked for a late alteration 2 weeks prior to the wedding, so that's something. Plus, if need be, they can put a lace up back on instead of the zip, in case I haven't lose what I need to.

Going back in 5 weeks most likely. It's so frustrating that I'll probably only be a stone down by then. I wish I could remember how many inches I lose per stone on Cambridge. Not that it means it will be the same.

Think am just fed up at having to go to fitting on my own - Mum abroad and maid of honour couldn't come. Plus OH is gone away tonight to a friends 30th birthday party, that I can't go to because I'm too fat and need to diet!!! ARgghh. Why did someone invent pizza? I'd probably be thin without pizza.

I'M IN THE 12s!!!!!!! Am so happy. Finally. Feels like it's taken forever. Although I still clearly remember getting into the 13s as well. It was only January, when I started healthy eating, where I was just about touching 15 stone.

It's given me a big boost and in 14lb I will be in the 11s and a lot of my clothes will fit me again.

Done all my measurements this morning, including arms and thighs and will measure every fortnight. I have to lose 5 inches off chest, waist and hips, but have decided to go with a lace up back so that I can carry on losing before the day.
I'm pretty sure that 10 stone isn't achieveable. That's 3 stone in 10.5 weeks and I have a hen weekend and family meal planned. I can however concentrate on getting to 11 stone and having toned arms and chest.

Well done that's fabulous and a lace back sounds like an excellent idea xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Yoohoo!!! Hey Liz, didn't realise you were over here hun! wow just read that you are doing fab and lost 2st!! that's so great, well done you!

10wks to go!! how exciting hun, what's the hen do plan? are you off dressed up crazy somewhere or is it civilised do?

How's life with you?

xx

Aww Lelly!!! :D Lovely to see you. Are you still adding to your diary? Will pop over and see.

Haven't spoken to any of the old lot. Been just getting my head down and plodding on. Thank you for the kind wishes :)

Hen do we're off to Cromer to stay in a big house - 11 of us splitting the cost so it's really cheap for the whole weekend. Am going to do a BBQ on Friday night (really wanted pizza, but BBQ will be better for me and am going to try not to gain that week!), then going for a Greek meal (my fav) on Saturday.

It's 5 weeks on Friday :eek: Really want to be 11.5 stone by then ideally.

So nice to hear from you. Sure you'll reply anyway, but going to check you out. Take care hun xxx

Back