Running 10k, what should i eat?!

skinnicow

So I'm almost at target and I'm running 10k in 2 weeks time. If I'm still on plan I think I'll need to come off it but should I do this the day before or in the morning of the run? Also I don't want to go crazy on the carbs! Any advice is very welcome!

Ta

SC xx

I would say come off plan the day before. I only say this because if I come off plan, the first day I have a dodgy tummy. Body getting used to food again I guess is why.

uummm what to eat.....no idea, sorry :)

Hey I used to run and before the race the best breakfasts are bagel with peanut butter and porridge I found. I realise both are carbs but you will need them to sustain the race :) plus u will have burnt them off! Good luck and enjoy :)

TrixySkinnyPlease said:
Hey I used to run and before the race the best breakfasts are bagel with peanut butter and porridge I found. I realise both are carbs but you will need them to sustain the race :) plus u will have burnt them off! Good luck and enjoy :)

Thanx!
Yup in the past it was porridge and banana so I think I might stick with that. Training has been very poor so I need all the help I can get!!

Hiya, just visiting from Slim and Save :) Have you thought about the S&S refeed? It's over 7 or 10 days so it would give you time to get used to food again. It's here http://www.slimandsave.co.uk/refeed.pdf I did it to refeed and had no ill effects, in fact I lost weight on the refeed.
On the day of the race I would say not to worry about carbs as you will be using them so they will not be stored. I would be tempted to have a double portion of porridge with a teaspoon of honey, either with a banana or take a banana in your bumbag for during the race. If you run out of energy during the race it will make it 10 x tougher, and again if your meal hasn't settled it will make it uncomfortable too. By introducing food before the race you can work out how long before the race you should eat.

Saddlebag said:
Hiya, just visiting from Slim and Save :) Have you thought about the S&S refeed? It's over 7 or 10 days so it would give you time to get used to food again. It's here http://www.slimandsave.co.uk/refeed.pdf I did it to refeed and had no ill effects, in fact I lost weight on the refeed.
On the day of the race I would say not to worry about carbs as you will be using them so they will not be stored. I would be tempted to have a double portion of porridge with a teaspoon of honey, either with a banana or take a banana in your bumbag for during the race. If you run out of energy during the race it will make it 10 x tougher, and again if your meal hasn't settled it will make it uncomfortable too. By introducing food before the race you can work out how long before the race you should eat.

Thanks for the tips!

Back