Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Running- Is this normal???

Discussion in 'Fitness Health and Exercise' started by Sammy84, 24 September 2009 Social URL.

1. Sammy84

Sammy84 Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st5lb(18.73%)
    Diet:
    Eating Sensibly and Exercise
    hey everyone
    So i am trying to lose weight through healthy eating and exercise and 2 nights ago i went out for my first run in about 6 years lol :eek:

So i warmed up properly and power walked for a good ten mins and then jogged a leg, then walked, then jogged etc and everything went OK- It felt heavy on my legs but not too bad, but yesterday and today my SHINS hurt- is this normal?

I expected my calves to hurt etc but not my shins:confused:
    Have i done something wrong here you think???

Was going to go for another run tonight but not sure if i will hurt myself or something!!!

Thanks Guys x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Justin

Justin Banned

Its a common condition usually in field athletes. The bones of your shin are not used to the repetative impact you are putting on them with running.

I wouldn't go for another run until the pain has dissipated. When you do go back to running, only go for 50% of the time you went for the other night. If you feel ok after that, build up the time very slowly.

In the meantime you should start a resistance based program as this will strengthen the bones of your legs.

4. Sammy84

Sammy84 Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st5lb(18.73%)
    Diet:
    Eating Sensibly and Exercise
    Thanks Justin :)
    I admit i havent been running in a long time but i have been cycling and swimming for months so i didnt think it would hurt me so much!!

I will do what you said and see if it improves! Thanks
    Sammy x

5. amm451

amm451 Do Over

Start Weight:
    16st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(14.77%)
    Diet:
    CD
    I find that my shins also hurt when I wear old running shoes.... Good luck!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.