Running made easy or couch to 5k

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by gobolino, 8 July 2011 Social URL.

1. gobolino

gobolino Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(5.68%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World :)
    Hello all.

I've started running using my own plan to begin with and now I want something more structured. Either I carry on making my own plan or have the running made easy which has a 5k plan or I could use the couch to 5k plan (both are different)........ any ideas either way ?

I dont have any headphones for doing either so I'll be looking at my phone for the time and when to start/stop running and start/stop walking. I was shocked by the C25k plan in that week 6 you do a 20min run with no walking, it seemed to jump to that quite abruptly!

Anyway, any ideas much appreciated!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. mandy296

mandy296 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    9st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st3.5lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(23.89%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Plenty of folks have done couch to 5K and surprised themselves when they hit the 20 min run mark - its surprising how quickly you progress.

I started from no running experience ever - started C25K in Feb, finished it in around 8-9 weeks - I now run on average 3 times a week, am doing a 10K race for life tomorrow and a half marathon in Sept!

Have a look in the teams sub-folder for some inspiration there is a couch to 5K team in there (anyone can join, just copy and paste the most recent list into a post and add yourself to it) - its fascinating to see people's progress.

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-teams/194281-couch-5k-challenge.html

One thing I absolutely couldnt do without though is music and the podcasts - I absoutely hate running without music - dont think i could manage without - even the gaps between songs on my shuffle I hate as I cant stand the sound of my breathing while running!

4. Cherry-Blossom

Cherry-Blossom I CAN do this

Start Weight:
    18st4lb
    Current Weight:
    15st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st8lb(14.06%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I'm doing a couch to 10k. What kind of phone do you have as a lot of smart phones have apps for it.

5. gobolino

gobolino Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(5.68%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World :)
    Thanks Both!

Mandy good luck for today :) !!! I do love to see how much I progress each time so you're right I could be doing loads better by the time I get to the 20min run.

Cherry-Blossom I have an old style phone that does texting and phoning lol! But it does have the radio on it actually, I'd forgotten about that :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.