Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Running made easy or couch to 5k

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by gobolino, 8 July 2011 Social URL.

1. gobolino

gobolino Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(5.68%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World :)
    Hello all.

I've started running using my own plan to begin with and now I want something more structured. Either I carry on making my own plan or have the running made easy which has a 5k plan or I could use the couch to 5k plan (both are different)........ any ideas either way ?

I dont have any headphones for doing either so I'll be looking at my phone for the time and when to start/stop running and start/stop walking. I was shocked by the C25k plan in that week 6 you do a 20min run with no walking, it seemed to jump to that quite abruptly!

Anyway, any ideas much appreciated!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. mandy296

mandy296 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    9st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st3.5lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(23.89%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Plenty of folks have done couch to 5K and surprised themselves when they hit the 20 min run mark - its surprising how quickly you progress.

I started from no running experience ever - started C25K in Feb, finished it in around 8-9 weeks - I now run on average 3 times a week, am doing a 10K race for life tomorrow and a half marathon in Sept!

Have a look in the teams sub-folder for some inspiration there is a couch to 5K team in there (anyone can join, just copy and paste the most recent list into a post and add yourself to it) - its fascinating to see people's progress.

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-teams/194281-couch-5k-challenge.html

One thing I absolutely couldnt do without though is music and the podcasts - I absoutely hate running without music - dont think i could manage without - even the gaps between songs on my shuffle I hate as I cant stand the sound of my breathing while running!

4. Cherry-Blossom

Cherry-Blossom I CAN do this

Start Weight:
    18st4lb
    Current Weight:
    15st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st8lb(14.06%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I'm doing a couch to 10k. What kind of phone do you have as a lot of smart phones have apps for it.

5. gobolino

gobolino Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(5.68%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World :)
    Thanks Both!

Mandy good luck for today :) !!! I do love to see how much I progress each time so you're right I could be doing loads better by the time I get to the 20min run.

Cherry-Blossom I have an old style phone that does texting and phoning lol! But it does have the radio on it actually, I'd forgotten about that :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.