Working Solutions Russian Doll - One Day at a Time

well done on your loss 12lb is great in 2 weeks i have not had a huge loss in any of my weeks following my first but still better than any other diet i have done except cd of course and as far as i know i dont have any medical problems if i get 3lbs a week im happy 2lb i can live with at least its going the right way ....... have a good weekend xxx

Thanks Em.
One thing I have to keep reminding myself on a ketogenic diet is that almost ALL the weight you lose is fat, whereas on other conventional diets it may be a combination of glycogen and fat every week. So a stone lost on a ketogenic diet is likely to show more. I know someone on a conventional diet who has lost a stone and a half and hardly anyone has commented but she's probably losing the same pound or so of glycogen every week with maybe just half a pound or a pound of fat for her 2.5lb loss.

Whatever I lose, it's a LOSS and that 2lb had to come off SOMEWHERE :)

It's been a good weekend. On Sunday, we took my daughter and 8 of her friends paintballing to celebrate her 16th birthday. I didn't roll around in the mud shooting coloured balls at anything that moved - just dropped them off, took some photos then legged it to Ikea in Southampton to kill a few hours until they'd finished.

Diet-wise I've been very good ... except for my water intake which I'm finding (as always) difficult to attain. I tend to drink when I'm thirsty but I know I should be drinking more. Must try harder there.

Today I'm hungry. Definitely. My tummy is growling like a grumpy bear whilst I type this but I refuse to give in ... I'm having my soup at my allotted time and not before. I'll just drink water or have a coffee (or both :) )

I'm enjoying my last week of free evenings. Next Monday I start a second job in the evenings so will, no doubt, be pretty tired. I'd rather NOT do it but needs must blah blah. I'm planning carefully so my diet isn't disrupted - hopefully all will be fine.

I wish my scales did less than whole pound increments though ... I'm an obsessive weigher and my scales can go for days looking like I haven't lost an ounce then they suddenly drop a whole pound. It's the times in between that I have to grit my teeth and keep the faith!

keep the faith they will move :).................. i know what you mean with the water thing i have to keep reminding my self to drink i count my glasses now i have a big plastic beaker that holds nearly half a litre so i make sure i get at least 4 of those down me a day that way the cups of coffee i have is extra it helps xxx

Thanks Em.

My biggest problem with the fluid intake is that I'm a cover supervisor at a school (take lessons whilst the class teacher is absent) and each lesson is one hour long. I can't leave the class so I have to make sure I time any drinking so I'm not crossing my legs 15 minutes before the end!

I did this once - drank 1.5L before a lesson and by the end I was almost crying in pain I was so desperate for a wee! I even let the kids out a couple of minutes before the bell
Kid: 'But Miss, the bell hasn't gone yet'
Me: 'Just GO .... NOW!!!!!' as I pushed them out of the way on my way to the first available staff loo!

I think I'm going to get some Bouillon from the supermarket next time I go so I can enrich my soups along with my chilli flakes and black pepper. It's amazing how we get around the issue of 'taste boredom' when we have to :D

My scales do weigh in increments but they haven't budged from 237.4 since Friday! It's not easy being a daily weigher but it really keeps me focused...

My scales do weigh in increments but they haven't budged from 237.4 since Friday! It's not easy being a daily weigher but it really keeps me focused...

I'm also a daily weigher ... there's absolutely no point in anyone telling me not to because, although I understand the logic, it's just ingrained like brushing my teeth.

I think that whilst people say being a daily weigher is bad news, i also think in a way it's a good habit to get into, for once you've lost your weight and are maintaining. You're taking responsibility for your weight by monitoring it, and if you start to go off track you can do something about it. I found when i was maintaining (badly) before i would weight myself one week, not like what i'd see and then ignore it until the next week, then leave it two weeks etc, and slowly ignore the scales more and more! This time i plan to daily weigh once i'm at goal to keep my mind focused and set me up for the day, reminding myself each morning that i may have won the battle but i'm still fighting a war!!

Your doing so well RD! Looking forward to seeing your week 3 WI on thurs x x x

Thetrigos that's a really good point. I think we get brainwashed into believing that 'naturally' slim people don't need to worry and that maintaining comes easily to them, however I have a friend who's a size 8, she's never been overweight, never been on a diet, but she weighs daily. If she's overdone it at the weekend, she can see a 5lb gain on monday and she has to cut back. I think it's all about discipline and self control no matter what size you are or have been. I often compare it to spending money. If we didn't keep an eye on what we're spending we'd soon be in trouble. Actually I'm rubbish with money too lol :eek:
x

My mum is the same! She's not a daily weigher but she has never been overweight but always kept an eye on what she eats and is active. Makes sense doesn't it lol. She's put it into perspective for me before when I asked her why I wasn't lucky like her. She said 'Babe, I'm a smoker, you're not. I crave cigarettes, you crave food. I constantly think about smoking, you constantly think about eating. You don't think about smoking and I don't think about eating. If the boot was on the other foot then I would be overweight and you wouldn't. Its an addiction.' I think she is right! She's very honest my mum and will tell me if she thinks I've gained a few pounds, but never in a degrading, spiteful way at all. I love her for that x

RD, if you are a daily weigher, then you are. i am too, I have tried not to, but then I cave. On the plus side, if i see a gain it firms up my resolve and if I can see a loss looming, well it firms up my resolve. Win win!

I predict 4 off for you this week!

RD, if you are a daily weigher, then you are. i am too, I have tried not to, but then I cave. On the plus side, if i see a gain it firms up my resolve and if I can see a loss looming, well it firms up my resolve. Win win!

I predict 4 off for you this week!

Oooh it won't be that much Barb lol. Remember I have that %*&@ condition that means I don't lose weight easily. On the upside, if we ever have a worldwide famine I'll be the last to pop my clogs. Not sure that's an advantage actually :D

Today has been another 'hungry' day and I've craved carbs until it almost drove me to distraction. I kept thinking about Moroccan cous cous ... and Danish pastries (not at the same time). I didn't cave but had to do the family shop and the smell from the bakery almost drove me insane.

I'm cooking dinner for the family at the moment ... sausages, mash and veg with onion gravy. I'll only have to endure this nightly torture until next Monday because I start my second job on the 14th and will be out of the house from 4pm until 10.30pm - then they'll have to cook their own dinner.

If I were to make a prediction for Friday (the day I've been weighing in since week 1) it'd be another 2lb because as I've discovered, my losses are tortuously slow. Goodness knows how long it'd take for me to lose 6st on a conventional diet.
We shall see though.

I'm still waiting for my Russian Doll necklace to arrive from Avon - it'll be like my little talisman. Hurry up Avon!! :)

I cooked that for family last week RD, soooo tempting, but I didn't stray, not that night anyway lol. I'll pay for my naughtiness this week, but its all behind me now. Well done for staying so strong and focused!!! x

Having a bad day today. Not sure why ... but I feel very low and mega hungry. I've eaten some ham - and feel quite bad about it. I had a nightmare English class this morning which didn't put me in the best mood and then a couple of things I read and heard 'got to me'.
I'm fed up with having metabolic syndrome and the scales not moving as fast as anyone else's (I know the logic - I just can't apply it to myself right now). I'm frustrated that I only lose the same weight on a VLCD that normal people lose on a conventional diet ... right now I could binge for England.

I won't.

But I could ...

... very easily :cry:

Oh hun :( Is there anything you can do to take your mind off food? Have you drank enough water today?

Food is an emotional crutch for me, I understand how tough it is. xx

Think how you will feel in the morning if you did binge, and then think how you will feel if you don't.. Be strong, you can do it. xx

Oh hun :( Is there anything you can do to take your mind off food? Have you drank enough water today?

Food is an emotional crutch for me, I understand how tough it is. xx

Think how you will feel in the morning if you did binge, and then think how you will feel if you don't.. Be strong, you can do it. xx

Just knowing there are others out there who know how I feel helps a lot. I'm playing online games (Mah-jong etc) and trying to stay occupied. I have dinner to cook for the others in a while but I'll just be throwing something in the oven - I'm not in the right place to 'cook' a proper dinner tonight.

I'm tired - that doesn't help. And in a few days I'm starting a second job ... 5 - 10pm every night. I don't really want to but we need the money. At least I'll be occupied for 5 hours but after a morning working with teenagers (job #1) I'm pretty much spent in the evenings which is why I'm not exactly looking forward to Monday.

Sheesh what a moaner! Sorry folks x

Moan away, we are here to listen (well read lol).

Hubby cooked bangers and mash for him and the kids. I have never smelt anything as nice! My stomach was growling away :( If I had have cooked it would have been fish fingers and waffles for the kids and something with chips for him that I could just bung in the oven, so I am totally with you there.

I love Mah-Jong!!

I hope you can get an early night tonight, which would help loads. We are weak when we are tired, well I am anyway..

I understand you are worried about starting the 2nd job, I do hope it helps to "keep you busy" as such and not thinking of food and eating. I am sure you will sleep well after it!

Hang in there xx

Thanks Sarette - you're a diamond.

I did sausage casserole in onion gravy, mash and veg last night for my lot ... I couldn't manage that tonight. They'll get pie and oven chips and like it lol

I was so hungry I cracked and had another Exante bar with a coffee. I feel much better (but will probably produce enough wind later to fly a kite!)

It's been a 'weak' day but in the big scheme of things, some ham and an extra bar isn't exactly a binge - well not in my book anyway.

Of course, now I'm probably not going to lose anything this week - my metabolism operates on a hair trigger at the best of times. Oh well - what will be will be.

Thanks Sarette - you're a diamond.

I did sausage casserole in onion gravy, mash and veg last night for my lot ... I couldn't manage that tonight. They'll get pie and oven chips and like it lol

I was so hungry I cracked and had another Exante bar with a coffee. I feel much better (but will probably produce enough wind later to fly a kite!)

It's been a 'weak' day but in the big scheme of things, some ham and an extra bar isn't exactly a binge - well not in my book anyway.

Of course, now I'm probably not going to lose anything this week - my metabolism operates on a hair trigger at the best of times. Oh well - what will be will be.

You are right, the extra bar was the best thing to do. With a bit of luck you will feel much better tomorrow and that is the important thing, get to tomorrow having not strayed. A bar and some ham is not a binge in my mind.., you have chosen well. (although you may not be saying that if you end up on the loo for ages haha!)

Casserole sounds yummy, what is it about sausages?! Dam things!

As for your metabolism, I hope you have a nice surprise on the scales on Friday.. How long did it take you on CD and how much did you lose? xx

Back