Working Solutions Russian Doll - One Day at a Time

I was on Cambridge for a year (March 2006 / March 2007) I stuck to it 100% and didn't even have AAM weeks. I lost around 10st in total (although I blipped at Christmas I was straight back on to it in January).

Others would have lost 12st in that time so even on a VLCD my body won't give up the fat willingly. I really do have the most frustrating condition!! I hate it but there's not a thing I can do so I just have to cope with the hand I've been dealt in life.

I noticed we have the same amount to lose ... hope I can keep up with you :)

I really hope you can to! xx

Having a bad day today. Not sure why ... but I feel very low and mega hungry. I've eaten some ham - and feel quite bad about it. I had a nightmare English class this morning which didn't put me in the best mood and then a couple of things I read and heard 'got to me'.
I'm fed up with having metabolic syndrome and the scales not moving as fast as anyone else's (I know the logic - I just can't apply it to myself right now). I'm frustrated that I only lose the same weight on a VLCD that normal people lose on a conventional diet ... right now I could binge for England.

I won't.

But I could ...

... very easily :cry:

This is exactly how I felt last week RD, so I am really proud of you for only having some ham and a bar! I know just where your coming from with the sh!tty condition preventing good losses, but don't worry about not losing this week because of today, I think you will be fine! If I am any example then you have no worries, I put weight on by sniffing naughty food usually, where as this week its only been a 1lb gain with 5 days of eating!

Please, please don't lose sight, I really regret it but Im sure you wont anyway as you seem very strong and focused even at the toughest of times!

Looking forward to hearing from you Friday!!! x x x

All the talk of sausages has made me get the slow cooker out and make sausage casserole for the boys dinners - i've never tried it before so i hope it comes out good!

How are you feeling today? Nice and positive i hope - remember it might not come of quickly but it IS coming off!

Morning RD xx

Morning RD xx

Morning Sarette (or should I say, afternoon :) )

I had a good morning at work ... no nasty classes so came away relatively unstressed. I'm really really tired - so much so I'm considering having a 30 minute power nap in a little while. Once I'm working nights as well, I think I'm going to have to make this a regular feature of my day because tiredness is one of my big red light situations. I feel hungrier and my resolve is compromised so I'm more likely to nibble.

I'm still hugely hacked off at the apparent lack of results on the scales - THEY'RE JUST NOT MOVING!! - but I tried to focus on any positives I've experienced so far ... it's definitely easier getting up the numerous flights of stairs at work and I was able to squeeze behind one of the kiddies' chairs when I was checking work today - I didn't feel quite as bulky.

I've been reading other diaries and some people have had eye-popping results and, whilst I'm really pleased for them, I can't help feeling jealous and a bit frustrated because I can't achieve the same. I tell other people it isn't a race against other people but a personal journey - maybe it's time I listened to my own advice. Difficult not to compare results though isn't it.

I'm looking forwards to your weigh in tomorrow :D I hope you have an amazing loss, i've read lots that people tend to have a low loss in week two then pick right back up again!
FF :eek:

I'm looking forwards to your weigh in tomorrow :D I hope you have an amazing loss, i've read lots that people tend to have a low loss in week two then pick right back up again!
FF :eek:

Thanks FF but I step on the scales every day and there's nothing impressive happening at the moment. Unfortunately, I have to 'diet' to maintain and 'super diet' to achieve losses most people would lose at WW.

If I can lose 2lb then I'll have lost my first stone and won't complain at that. Every lb is a struggle though.

Maybe I'll appreciate success even more though because it won't come easy :)

Thanks for your support x

Rd, I think you're mighty! You have travelled really tough path and made super human efforts to achieve weight loss one agonising pound at a time. I've a feeling in my fluids, my weight loss journey will be similiar to your own, but its taken us all our lives to get to this state, lets give ourselves every chance to loose it for good when we do loose it.

Just a thought, is there any chance you could manage a short walk as an alternative to a power nap, its great for 'head repairs' and the fresh air & endorphins might help you through your night job.

Good luck with that,

Conor

At least this time when it comes off it comes off for good - so it's short term suffering for long term gain ;) I know what you mean about people with eye popping results though - however we'll all get there eventually :) Hope the scales are kind to you today xx

Good Morning RD! How did your weigh in go hun? Mwah xx

Afternoon all

Well, it's a modest 3lb off this week ... but that's my first stone cracked (well, 15lb actually!) so I'm a very happy bunny today :)

Chip chip chip - I'll get there!

woohoo well done on your 3lbs and first stone gone for good xxx :wee:

That is FAB not modest at all! Congrats on your first stone gone, may it be the first of many! xx

Yay! 3 is fab and more than you were expecting right?! Goodbye first stone! :D

I was expecting maybe 1lb so yes, 3lb is great. It isn't the heady figures achieved by some but when I think I'm 3 large bags of potatoes lighter I'm well chuffed :)

Now I just have to do the same thing another four-and-a-bit times ...

well done on your loss 3lb is great thats my highest since week 1 i vary between 2lb to 3lb it seems...... 2lb when i have a meal once in the week 3lb when im total ts it seems to have settled like that so im guessing thats what my results will be from now on unless i have a bad week that is lol.... its still a big loss so well done you :) xxx

Well done Debs, that is just brilliant. So pleased for you. 15lbs in 3 weeks - can't be bad.

Thanks Barb - I'm looking forward to ticking off as many achievements as you :)

Back