Working Solutions Russian Doll - One Day at a Time

RD, you are s tough lady, but if you excuse the alalogy, the willing horse gets the load. You have been a homemaker as well as a career person, and all the chores have been left to you. I hope your declaration this morning rang some alarm bells and that your crew start to pull their weight.

I hope you nip that bug in time and give yourself some well earned rest time

Thanks very much for your support.

Conor

Eek hope you're feeling better soon! That's the last thing you need!! You definitely need to demand some 'me' time and get your feet up xx

Exhausted to the marrow :cry: ... too tired to post anything meaningful so I'll just bid you all goodnight and hope you're all doing great on your dieting journeys xx

Hope its all worth the effort that you are putting in! Here's wishing you an easier day to-morrow

Conor

Hope you are feeling better hun xx

Sorry I haven't been around but I'm far more exhausted than I thought I would be doing the two jobs. :cry:
I've applied to drop an hour a night but that isn't an option in the first five weeks of induction so just another three to go then it might just be a tiny bit easier.

I stayed the same weight-wise this week which, although disappointing, is hardly surprising as a) it's the TOTM and b) I busted my diet several times during the week (and I mean BUSTED!! :break_diet: ).

Being at work through the evening, I've found that people tend to just nibble and nibble at their desks (to alleviate boredom I suppose). I found myself resorting to having a bag of crisps as I fancied something savoury and I even had a kit-kat one night from our lovely 'healthy' vending machine! On the upside, our manager has been providing boxes of biscuits to munch on during the training sessions every night and I haven't had a single one (I just passed the box on and sat there whilst everyone else crunched their way through jammy dodgers and choc chip cookies) so a pat on the back for that :)

With the best will in the world I can't seem to stick to TS whilst undergoing this regime so I've decided to tweak it a little and accept I'm going to want to eat whilst at the evening job ... the day job isn't a problem.

I spent a bit of time today scanning various cereal / meal bars at Asda today and decided there aren't any that will help me on my quest to lose weight. The Slimfast ones were the most shocking - loaded with carbs!

I've opted for some packets of sweet chilli snack-a-jacks (just over 100 cals and low carb /fat) and some caramel snack-a-jack cakes ... also low carb/fat and with just over 50 cals each.

If I take a packet of the chilli ones each evening to satisfy the need for something savoury and a 2 caramel ones for throughout the evening when they're all on a biscuit session, I can probably get through with mimimal damage at a cost of around 200 cals.

So here's the plan ....
Half an Exante (or Tesco) bar before job #1 (around 7.30am)
The other half at 11 during break with a coffee.

An Exante shake at around 2ish (I leave for job #2 at 4pm)

A snack-a-jack cake at about 6 with a coffee

A packet of sweet chilli snack-a-jacks at around 7.30ish

Another snack-a-jack cake with coffee at around 8.30-9ish

Exante soup when I get home at 10.30.

This will be 200 cals (ish) more than TS but it's still considered a VLCD (I think 800 cals is the threshold) and spread out in that way, I'm hoping it'll mean I'm less likely to go on a binge.

Fingers crossed it'll help me through this.

Hope everyone is doing better than me - I'm pretty rubbish at this :(

Well that was an 'interesting' experience today!
Passing out cold and puking in a packed cafe ... not just once but TWICE then having a paramedic called wasn't the best fun in the world. I wish it could've been a builder so he could've dug a deep hole for me to crawl into!! Mortified!! :cry:

I'm now feeling a bit washed out but ok. They think it's because I hadn't eaten for 16 hours ... had soup late last night, slept late then went to the cafe to have a late lunch but it was packed so went for a wander round town. By the time there was room in the cafe it was 3pm. I had a third of a bowl of home made veggie soup and - BANG - passed out, puked all over myself and the table then as I was coming round, went again. I feel so sorry for everyone who was eating there - nobody wants to see THAT when they're having lunch! Cringe!!

I've had a bowl of 'real' porridge as I feel I need a carb boost and it's made me feel a little better. I've definitely learned my lesson there though - no more 16 hours gaps between meals!

Good morning RD, I hope this finds you rested and revived after the trauma of yesterdays event. I trust you made an appointment to visit your GP and take the opportunity to have bloods taken to ensure all is well. Hopefully, it's just a case of spreading yourself too thin.

I also hope family & colleagues wake up to the fact that they need to be more supportive and help lighten your load.

Here's to a restful, relaxing Sunday for you,

Best wishes,

Conor

Really hope you are feeling better today RD xxxx

Oh Debs, you poor thing, that sounds horrific for you. I agree with CT, I think you are overdoing it, I think you know you are and yet I know how driven you feel.

Trouble is, you have to think in terms of health and yes, losing weight will improve that but are you making yourself ill on the way to that? I do wonder if VLCD is the way to go with the pressures you are currently under? I know you are convinced that it is the only way you can lose weight but I do remember you dabbling with a cal counting plan with me a while back and I seem to remember you did quite well. At least from a diabetes point of view a 200 cal snack every 2-4 hours would work out well throughout your extended working day. Just a thought.

Really hope you are feeling much better and sending you love and hugs.

Thanks for the support guys.

Conor - 'spreading myself too thin' ... that actually made me giggle as I'm the shape of a skittle (and not much taller) but yes, I do get your point and think you're probably right. I have a blood sugar monitor and have been checking. So far, all seems ok (just a little elevated from where they usually are but within safe limits).

Barb - I also think you're right so I've decided that whilst I'm doing these 14 hour days I'm going to incorporate a little 'real food' every day and eat little and often, splitting bars and adding in some chicken / fish / steamed veg. Hopefully that'll keep the weight loss ticking over whilst preventing me from keeling over - I don't need that embarrassment again!

Last night I had Exante veggie soup poured over some chicken and steamed green beans and sprinkled with chilli powder and black pepper. It was yummy and gave me something to chew as well. Felt like a 'proper' meal.
This morning I've had another bowl of oats-so-simple made with water (how I always have it) so I've had another carb boost to help me clear this foggy head I have after yesterday.

It's all a learning curve isn't it?

Have a great Sunday everyone x

Hi RD, what an experience you poor thing :(. Hope you're feeling a little stronger today and not doing too much over the weekend before your gruelling week starts again.
I agree with CT and Barb, you prob need little and often plus 'proper' food. It makes it a WS or Simple solution.

Taken from Exantediet.com "Simple Solution provides you with around 1200 kcal (calories) per day from 3 Exante meal replacement products as well as calorie controlled meals or low calorie diet snacks of around 600 kcal."

As you said it will just take a little longer on the scenic route but you will get there. xx

Solid advice there RD, a compromise seems to be the way to go. You seem much more chipper to-day. It seems to be a better order of priorities, good health leading to eventual weight loss rather than the urgency for weight loss at the cost of poor health.

Excellent choices so far, continued successes.

Conor

I've just spent the last 15 minutes trying to work out how to change my 'diet type' from TS to WS as I've decided to take that route now. I can't seem to find how to do it though so maybe someone can advise me there lol.

I think, after battling with myself over 'speed versus safety' I've decided to slow things down and incorporate some food. If I lose a pound one week and a couple of pounds the next I think I can live with that for now. I'd like to lose another 4.5st so that'd take me about 8 / 9 months .... so I'd be close to where I want to be by the Summer (ish!) I spent the last three years at well over 17st so I think I can take a few more months.

Today I've had Oats so simple porrige for breakfast, a pre-made noodle teryaki salad from Tesco (245 cals) and an Exante bar. Tonight I plan to have Exante soup poured over some chicken and steamed green beans.

Tomorrow I'll return to my grazing regime apart from having some chicken and veg in the evening (in my soup lol).

Hope everyone had a great day x

That sounds good to me RD, and all the food sounds lush :D I wish you all the best, you will rock it xx

Best of luck RD, take good care of yourself. Even a pound a week will get you to goal by next summer. Take the safe route and remember it is a marathon and not a sprint x

You need to go into your first post on the thread, then Edit and Advanced settings I do believe...

Back