Working Solutions Russian Doll - One Day at a Time

You need to go into your first post on the thread, then Edit and Advanced settings I do believe...

Thanks Sar - that did the trick :)

I'm all over the place with this diet at the moment but Exante remains at the core with a few bits and bobs thrown in. I had Thai chicken soup with diced chicken breast, topped with ground chilli and black pepper for lunch. I'm pretty sure I'm not in ketosis (haven't actually checked but I don't think I can be) but I'm not hungry so the 'little and often' approach seems to be doing the trick.

I'm so tired all the time but hopefully I won't slip because being tired has always been one of my triggers / danger areas as I simply don't care what I eat. Maybe being aware of that fact will help me keep it in check.

Hope everyone is having a great day :)

Glad you're OK RD and 'little and often' is working better for you.
You should be still in ketosis tho unless you're still having porridge for brekkie. xx

Sounds good RD, I hope the scales show a loss so you know it's working! xx

Hey RD, just caught up with your diary after having a few days away, and you really sound like you're in a much better place (by that i mean you sound positive again, and your food plan sounds like it's working for you). I am also all over the place with the diet, due to being on antibiotics for a chest and ear infection, i just can't find the right balance and to be honest, i feel like sh*t all of the time, so i don't know what to do! This dieting malarky is hard work sometimes ;) x

I haven't been on here for ages - I'm currently suffering from viral labrynthitis and have been very ill. With that, the exhaustion from the two jobs plus family and the fainting fit from the previous week I've not been too good over the past few weeks.

My diet was completely abandoned and I just grabbed 'whatever whenever' and ate carbs-a-plenty as this seemed to help stem the nausea I've been experiencing.

I decided to be brave and step on the scales this morning and was delighted to see another 5lb gone - very very happy with that. I'm clinging to the concept of dieting by the tips of my fingernails to ANY loss is a major achievement for me.

I can't say I have any firm plan in mind for the coming week other than I'm having to go back to work despite still having dizzy spells (you know how it is with employers) so I'll just take things from day to day and try not to go nuts.

Hope everyone is doing a lot better than me :)

Ow RD I had labyrinthitis and I could't stand up without the room spinning and being sick. The dizzyness last a long time after. Hope you manage OK in work, employers really don't have any sympathy with illness.
If the GP have put you on betahistine 8mg three times a day and your symptoms are no better tell him and the dose can be doubled in the short term. Maybe they have put you on stemetil which works in the short term.
Anyway, take care hun and hope you are better soon. xx

Ow RD I had labyrinthitis and I could't stand up without the room spinning and being sick. The dizzyness last a long time after. Hope you manage OK in work, employers really don't have any sympathy with illness.
If the GP have put you on betahistine 8mg three times a day and your symptoms are no better tell him and the dose can be doubled in the short term. Maybe they have put you on stemetil which works in the short term.
Anyway, take care hun and hope you are better soon. xx

I'm on the Betahistine ones and they seem to help a bit - although they do seem to make me a bit drowsy. I have to be careful I don't take too many as my second job involves a drive on a motorway in rush hour so I need my wits about me.

I had a 'back to work' interview last night and have to have a disciplinary-type chat with a manager on Monday as well. Can't say I'm happy as it's a legitimate debilitating illness and not just a minor headache or sore throat. I also went to a GP for a proper diagnosis and went back to work as soon as I could walk in a fairly straight line. Apparently it's all to do with statistics though - the figures get tapped into a computer and certain numbers trigger certain responses. Great! :(

That's the problem with the current economic climate ... everyone is so desperate for work, employers can treat you as if it's Dickensian England.

On the diet front ... I'm still avoiding TS for now. I think my body needs a little more. It's not screaming out for carbs like last week though so I'm just keeping them relatively low and using Exante as the 'core' of my diet with a few steamed veggies and some chicken thrown into the soup.
I was pleased that I actually listened to my body and for once seemed in tune with it. I obviously needed some carbs for whatever reason and so had them (without going mad on them). And the result was I still lost weight which amazed me. Now I'm not craving them so I'm only having what satisfies me.

Christmas may mess this up a little - I'm expecting that - but I'm hoping I can go back to this intuitive type of eating in the New Year.

You are doing it, and it's working for you. Your body will tell you what it needs and if you don't go overboard as you said it's manageable and you still lose :)
I know employers have targets and sickness & absence records they have to justify but I had 1 day off last week after my manager told me I really wasn't fit to work due to my heavy cold (plus the patients don't like it in case they catch something) I then had a return to work interview! Crazy ;)
Have a great weekend hun, xx.

The dizziness, although still there at certain times, is much better so I'm back to both jobs next week.

I'm not craving carbs now so back to watching what I eat. Hopefully I'll lose a couple more pounds before Christmas :)

I only have to lose 4lb more and I'll be in the 15s - next bracket down - although I know I'm likely to trip back up again and dip into the 16s over Christmas. I'm not to worried though as I want to do this no matter how long it takes and have every intention of carrying on in the New Year.

Hope everyone is having a great day x

A reasonable day. Started with my usual - half a bar and a coffee before work then the other half with another coffee at the 11am break. May seem monotonous but it works for me and I don't get hungry.

At lunch time, I took my mum and my youngest daughter to the local carvery for a treat as it was my mum's birthday yesterday. I had turkey and beef, keto friendly veg but pushed the boat out and had half a roast spud lol.

In the evening, at job #2 I had a McVities medley cereal bar and, later, a cup-a-soup and 2 chilli rice cakes.

So all-in-all, not an amazingly disciplined dieting day but not too horrific.

Mmmmm sounds yummy! x

Rd sorry to hear you've been having such a rough time of it - i've not been around on here much as i've been slacking a bit on the diet front, will be back with gusto in the new year. Anyway i just popped on here because i found a russian doll necklace, not sure if it's what you were looking for but it made me think of you so i thought i'd just pop the link on for you to have a look at, as i remember you were disappointed when you couldn't get your other one.

Freak Carousel —

Hope the link works! It's so pretty i might get one for myself with some christmas money! x

Rd sorry to hear you've been having such a rough time of it - i've not been around on here much as i've been slacking a bit on the diet front, will be back with gusto in the new year. Anyway i just popped on here because i found a russian doll necklace, not sure if it's what you were looking for but it made me think of you so i thought i'd just pop the link on for you to have a look at, as i remember you were disappointed when you couldn't get your other one.

Freak Carousel —

Hope the link works! It's so pretty i might get one for myself with some christmas money! x

Oh how lovely of you to think of me like that!! I had a look and how cute is that necklace?? I'm going to see if I can get one too :)

I'm just of to work now but will post more later (if I can stay awake lol) xx

Happy New Year Debs. I hope that 2012 brings you some much deserved peace and happiness with a liberal dose of good health.
Lets make it our year for dreams to come true.

Everyone's posts are so inspirational, it's what keeps me on the straight and narrow. It is so hard though when you start Day 1 and open up the fridge to all the left overs from Christmas and New Year. There is so much chocolate in our house, we could open up a shop!!! I have to stay strong, I am now going to bury myself in a book and hope that my hubby and daughter polish off the chocs as quickly as possible!! Tasha x

Happy New Year hun xx

Back