Russiandoll - Wardrobe check! 7th July

Weds 7th July

Wardrobe Check

After my 'baggy trouser' observation yesterday I decided this morning to have a little rummage around in some of my many bags of smaller clothes (saved from the last time I lost weight in 2006). Amongst them were two pairs of trousers, still with tags attached that I'd bought over a year ago.
One pair, smart black trousers, had been in an M&Co sale. I hadn't had time to try them on at the time and when I got home I found there was no-way-no-how I was going to get them on as there was a 4" gap at the waist :eek:
However, as I got them cheap, I decided not to take them back but instead, stashed them away in a bag in my wardrobe. Shortly after, I did the same thing with a pair of brown jean-type trousers from M&S (which is why I now never buy clothes without trying them on first). And so these two items have been sitting forelornly in an asda shopping bag at the bottom of my wardrobe, waiting for the moment they'd be liberated when their owner got her A into G and lost some weight!

Well that moment came this morning! I was over the moon that I now have two 'new' pairs of trousers although this also means I'm going to have to weed out some of my current baggy ones that, quite frankly, will do nothing for me now (never, ever make the mistake of thinking baggy, 'too-big' clothes are flattering or make you look thinner - they don't)

I've decided to have a thorough check through my 'shrinking' clothes stash because if there's one thing I've learned from today's experience it's that you need to check those smaller clothes sooner and more often than you think!

Hi,
Sorry i totally lots your diary and have decided to have a break from Minis and dieting for a little while as its just getting to much for me.
Just wanted to say well done, your doing so well.
Im also from the Leesland area, on the town side of daisylane.
Anyway best of luck on your weight loss and i look forward to keeping up with your diary when/if i return xxxx

Just in case you're still around to see this Katie ... sorry to hear you're not going to be around but I completely understand why you're withdrawing and taking a break. I've done it myself before.

Sometimes the dieting merry-go-round is just too tedious and we need to step back from it for a while. Come back and say an non-diet-related hello from time to time.
Wishing you all best xx

Well done Debs - it makes it so much more real than a loss on the scales, doesn't it? It just proves you are winning. Well done, must be a lovely feeling.

Heya, great news about the 'new' trousers, that's awesome, must feel so good!
Hope everything continues to go well :)

Loved reading your diary, congratulations on your weightloss and the new trousers! It's so uplifting reading about achievements like yours and how you've made it happen.
Thanks x

Where are you Debs? I know I've been awol too but i miss you! Come back at once! xxxxxxx

Back