Ruthie's Weight Loss Journey - 3lb away from next stone bracket!

I know what you mean, Ruth - I get full really quickly these days. Also it's too flippin hot to eat!

I noticed this morning that it was a lot easier to walk to the station. It is about a 15/20 minute walk. But I am getting quicker and quicker. Or I don't get as tired so easily. And that's only with doing it for 2 weeks! Feel so much better and alive. The air conditioning has broken again. So we're all dying and hugging fans. *sigh* Guess burn some calories when typing! hehe!

Do you know what else I've noticed, how good this diet has been for my bank balance. I used to get a bus to the train station which on oyster was 90p per ride. So that's £4.50, and sometimes I'd even get it home! So that nearly covers the cost of weightwatchers because I am walking. Also, I used to literally just spend spend on junk food. Bags of minstrels, dougnuts..things that didn't last so my cupboards were always empty. I must have spent hundreds on it. Having had a financial crisis and to now be working and spending little I realise JUST how much i was spending on it. It's crazy. This diet has so many positives.

Even though I'm in a bit of pain from my armpit lump/ infection/nastyness I feel good! Going to see the nurse next week as I have a week off work and it will all be ok! Can I just say, I have NEVER been this positive. I've suffered from depression for years and although i was feeling better anyway this past year, the past few weeks I've felt EVEN better. My weight has always kept me down in the back of my mind!

Wahoo.

I hate moaning.

I'm not feeling the best today :cry:I don't know if it's because my armpit has an open wound infection and I don't have the proper dressings because have to get them on pescription, or because I've managed to rub some skin off my ankle, or that I have a sore throat. Or that I have to go to work instead of watching some more Dexter! lol! Honestly, I hate to moan, but I'm just feeling so tired and can't bear the thought of going to and from the doctors again like I did last year. Going to try and make an app. for Friday morning with the nurse. Sniff. :sigh:

I don't know why, but I just feel fat today. It's wierd. My clothes fit me better but I just feel frumpy today. maybe its just because I feel a bit bleurgh inside anyway! Anyway, tomorrow is the big W.I so I am hoping for the best. I am being very careful today..am going to sister's flat tonight for a few hours and bet you I'll be playing some table tennis and so get some extra exercise! (i refuse to let my armpit disgustingness stop me from doing everything lol):mad:

Hope everyone's doing ok! I have next week off work. I just can't wait to lie in! I have a wedding to go to on Saturday..it's an hour train ride away and I am just hoping I feel better before then otherwise it will be a struggle! :eek:

I could so disappear into a bag of galaxy minstrels right now.:eat:

But I won't. *nibbles on ww cookies*

:cry:Ok, I'm officially miserable. i feel like I want a long cry. I have just been down to costcutter to try and find anything that can be used as a dressing. I am in an isolated area with no 'boots'. my skin is red raw from the dressing changes. and it's no longer just a slight infection but a *gross alert*....lump of flesh/fat popping out of the scar! I am livid! i can't believe this is happening again. :cry:

I just want to eat chocolate :( :cry:

:cry::cry::cry:

Hi!!! That so awful is there no chance of you getting an emergency appointment at the Doctors coz you should not be left like that....ps your doing great diet wise!!!!

Hi!!! That so awful is there no chance of you getting an emergency appointment at the Doctors coz you should not be left like that....ps your doing great diet wise!!!!

Thanks! :) My doctors shuts at 12 on Wednesdays. I should have really been prepared but thought I'd be ok till tomorrow. Because I had to go there every day last summer I know the nurses well, so am hoping to ring up tomorrow and make an appointment. One of them was doing 'admin' on thursday but always saw me. If I speak to her and explain i'm sure she'll help. I'm thankful for that at least. They'll know what's happened. I was famous at that doctors surgery last year! hehe! Ruth, the armpit girl.

Sorry you are feeling so low honey. Long term health problems can really get you down, can't they?

I'm not big on the advice front but sending you a hug and hoping you're feeling better soon x

Hey Ruth

First of all just wanted to say well done! You sound as if you r doing great diet wise :D

Secondly I'm sorry to hear about your infection, are u able to do the dressings yourself? You could maybe go to your nurse and she can show you how to do it and give you some dressings to take home. Mind you I guess it may be a bit awkward because of where they are but I hope you get something sorted out

xxx

Hey Ruth

First of all just wanted to say well done! You sound as if you r doing great diet wise :D

Secondly I'm sorry to hear about your infection, are u able to do the dressings yourself? You could maybe go to your nurse and she can show you how to do it and give you some dressings to take home. Mind you I guess it may be a bit awkward because of where they are but I hope you get something sorted out

xxx

Hey! Thank you! Well, last year I was going to the nurse every day for dressings and packing which only the nurse can do. Now I just need cover dressings, I can do those myself. The ones I need are on pescriptions and are sellf adhesive and very good. All the others made my skin very sore and raw.I have an appointment tomorrow at 10.50am. My dad will drive me and then drop me at train station so I get some work done. I get quite a lot of money an hour so I'm keen to get back as soon as possible! I'm feeling a lot better today, less headachy and sore and hoping to get my dressings and maybe some antibiotics if there is an infection.

It's the W.I tonight! ahhh. I'm nervous! I've been good though. So here's hoping.:p:rolleyes:

How did your wi go>?

It's at 6.00 tonight !ahhh! i feel so apprehensive!! I am at work and my train arrives back at around 5.25. and the WW is right next to the station! very handy but I have that time to feel apprehensive lol! Can't wait for it to be over and done! I'm excited but worried at the same time! lol!

You will have to let us no how you have done i bet you have done very well xx

I really hope so! I was saying earlier, that I feel much better in myself. As in, walking to the station I feel less tired. My body generally feels less grouchy and sluggish and of course my clothes fit better. It's amazing what a few lb can do. I can only imagine what getting it all off will do for my life!

Ahhhhhhhhhhh!.

It's 2.58. Only 2 hours and 2 minutes to go before I can leave to go to ww.

:brainfart:

Ooo, I'm so apprehensive!

Back