S & S Ketosis query

Midge14

Hi all, I have been on S & S on my 8th day now, had a slip on the 3rd day (was absolutely starving) which I know will have set me back, anyway had trace of Ketones on Sat which has now increased but only to the next one up and still not showing full ketosis and it has been 5 days since the one slip, can anyone advised when I should be in full ketosis. I am having two s & s shakes, one s & s meal and a bar along with plenty of water so do not know why I am not in full ketosis, hope someone can advise thanks. Feeling fine otherwise unlike the first few days which I felt really poorly, occassional headache, not starving but abit peckish still sometimes, anyway if anyone any ideas please let me know Thanks again

There is no such thing as 'full ketosis', the darker the pink the more dehydrated you are, if you are pink then you are in ketosis and thats it! You can also dip in and out at any time for no reason, as long as you stick to the diet, you will be in ketosis. Hope this helps x

Many thanks for that I was waiting for it to go purple lol, but read the sticky last night about ketosis and the sticks so feeling much better about the plan today

Ketosis is like a mystical thing until you've been 'in' it for ages, I did LL for 3 months and in the first month I ate a big lump of bread then I power walked for 3 hours to punish/damage limitation (not sure which one) and didnt feel like I came out of ketosis and didnt suffer badly on the scales. towards me coming off that wagon I was eating easter eggs.. and again still lost and didnt seem to feel different.
Its not a great example, but ketosis seems more of a spectrum scale than just in or out.

Back