S&S Recipes from my kitchen

choufleur

Evening all! Thought I'd share some things I've made recently with you that have turned out really well and tasted bloody amazing, if I do say so myself. It's so nice to be on a VLCD where I can make and eat these things :) Unfortunately I don't have photos, as I ate them too fast...

I used the Meal Planner to help me make these and massively recommend it to anyone who isn't already - it's so much better than simply weighing out the items in the leaflet.

CHINESE YUK SUNG

This is a dish normally made with pork and sesame oil, all wrapped in iceberg lettuce leaves and served as a starter in Chinese restaurants. It's absolutely DELICIOUS, so I was thrilled I could recreate it on this diet.

Ingredients:
Turkey, minced (100g)
Water chestnuts, very finely diced (75g, about half a tin)
1 garlic clove, smashed & diced
Fresh ginger root, finely diced (about 3cm)
Spring onions, finely chopped (up to 25g)
Celery, finely diced (up to 25g)
Half a pack of zero noodles
Iceberg lettuce leaves, whole (100g)

Carefully separate the leaves from the lettuce...this is the most tricky bit, a bugger to do. Don't worry if they tear though as you can still make mini wraps. Wash, set aside.
Chop the noodles into tiny strands then nuke in the microwave - I find their texture is a bit too rubbery/chewy otherwise. I did mine for about 4 minutes.
As the noodles are being blasted in the microwave, use a bit of Fry Light to fry the garlic, ginger and spring onions until aromatic, then add the turkey. Cook until brown.
Remove all from the pan for the moment, and add the celery, water chestnuts and noodles.
Cook these for about 3 minutes, then add back in the turkey, ginger, garlic and onion.
Cook all for probably another 3 minutes, or for as long as you want! At this point I added a tiny bit of soy sauce, but it is something you need to watch in terms of carb levels so don't bother if you're unsure.
Spoon the mixture into the lettuce leaves and wrap them up.
EAT. Yum yum yum.

TARRAGON STUFFED CHICKEN

This was this evening's meal, and was absolutely lovely. I poured the Cheesy Pasta pack over the top, and you know what? It probably would've actually been far better without it.

Ingredients:
Chicken breast (50g - I know it doesn't sound like much, but bear with me)
Smoked ham (25g - about three slices)
Quark (25g)
1 shallot, chopped/sliced however
Tarragon

Place the chicken between a couple of pieces of cling film and (carefully!) bash it with a rolling pin until it has flattened and thinned.
Sauté the shallot in a spray of Fry Light until softened.
Spread the chicken with the Quark, season, and sprinkle some tarragon over.
Place the cooked shallots on top of the Quark.
Lay a slice of ham over the top of this.
Roll up the chicken breast!
Use the remaining pieces of ham to wrap the chicken, then use a skewer to hold it all together.
Cook in the oven for around 20-25 minutes.

I served mine with a large salad and, as I already said, the Cheesy Pasta, but it was so delicious I really am going to leave that off next time :)

Hope you enjoy if you try these! I'll update if I find any new ones...

S&S Recipes from my kitchen

Love this! Thank you for posting x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com mobile app

Another couple from the past week or so :)

This is SO filling and so nice! My OH was amazed at the amount I had made for saying I'm on S&S:

SAUSAGE PASTA BAKE

Ingredients:
2 Quorn sausages
75g leeks
75 broccoli
1 shallot
25g Quark
1 Cheesy Pasta pack

Chop the shallot, leeks, broccoli and sausages as finely as you want.
Using Fry Light, soften the shallot in a pan then add the sausage pieces.
When the sausages are lightly browned, add the leeks & broccoli.
Whilst this lot is cooking away, make up the Cheesy Pasta pack with 200ml of water and heat in the microwave for the first lot of 90 seconds.
After about 2-3 minutes, take the veg & sausages off of the heat & pour into a small casserole dish.
Add seasoning/spices/herbs as you wish to the Cheesy Pasta, along with the Quark, and mix well.
Pour the Cheesy Pasta mix over the veg & sausage and bung in the oven for about 20 minutes.

And this, despite being soup, is also incredibly filling and you really don't miss the bread:

ROASTED BROCCOLI & HAM SOUP

Ingredients:
200g broccoli, both florets & stalk, roughly chopped
2 cloves garlic, smashed & roughly chopped
1 shallot, roughly chopped
100g smoked ham, chopped into pieces
25g Quark

Tip the broccoli, garlic and shallot onto a baking tray and roast in the oven for around 25-30 minutes - keep an eye out though, as the broccoli doesn't need to go black!
Once soft, add the veg to a blender (or a saucepan if using a stick blender, this is what I used - same one as I make my shakes with) along with about 100ml of water and the ham
Blend to your required consistency and add more water as necessary to reach the thickness you like
Once you've got it the way you like it, season and stir in the Quark, then serve!

Back