Saboteurs

Zanna

Hi, just wondering, does anyone else have trouble with people at work or at home deliberately trying to sabotage your slimming efforts? If so how and how do you cope with this?

Someone in my house at the minute keeps asking me to make them unhealthy meals putting the smell and temptation in my way as well as offering to buy me chinese food and fish&chips... so far as I've not been hungry on the SW eating plan I've managed to resist but I must admit it is getting to me a little!

Can you have a word with this person and ask them to stop offering to buy you take aways? Tell them thank you but at the moment your trying to eat healthy and dont want them tempting you.

As far as cooking them unhealthy meals tell them to cook them themselves (presuming this isn't a child!)

Also is there a reason they are trying to sabotage you? Are they over weight too? Or is it a partner who thinks your going to run off when your all slim. Maybe worth telling them that your not changing as person but you need to do this to make yourself feel better and you'll always love them no matter what. Good luck. X

I often cook the hubby and kids unhealthy options but it doesn't bother me if ive planned what I'm having and eat after them.

Tomorrow however I've got to go to my dads 50th and try to resist yummy party food whilst my mum tells me that 'I'm allowed a treat' and of my grandma's there she'l be telling me I don't eat enough and guaranteed that my weightloss will be a hot topic as some of the guests haven't seen me for a while x

Can you have a word with this person and ask them to stop offering to buy you take aways? Tell them thank you but at the moment your trying to eat healthy and dont want them tempting you.

As far as cooking them unhealthy meals tell them to cook them themselves (presuming this isn't a child!)

Also is there a reason they are trying to sabotage you? Are they over weight too? Or is it a partner who thinks your going to run off when your all slim. Maybe worth telling them that your not changing as person but you need to do this to make yourself feel better and you'll always love them no matter what. Good luck. X

Hi thanks for the reply, the person is perfectly aware that I have started SW and am trying to lose weight... the reason I have to cook for them however is that they are disabled and whilst they can do it themselves it is much harder for them. It's ok if it's around a normal mealtime I can cope but if I go back downstairs for any reason after about 10pm to get a refill of water for example I get asked to make this stuff - late night is my danger time for snacking unhealthily unfortunately but i can't stay upstairs all night.

It's just been announced that we are having a barbecue for sunday dinner tomorrow so thats going to be a challenge too. Lots of chicken I think - trouble is, the skin of bbq chicken is my favourite thing ever!

I must be harsh because in our house everyone eats sw style or they cook their own.... If anyone dared to ask me to cook them something unhealthy or even attempt to sabotage me they know what they can expect.... To steal from breakfast club: you mess with the bull you get the horns!

I do have friends who think they are gbeing nice buy saying "aw but you're not fat, you don't ned to lose weight, have some cake!" etc. I find it really hard when they do. I have told people firmly in the past, please don't offer me anything, i will eat what I want, i am serious about my diet. But some people just don't get it. I once went out for dinner in a pub with a friend, had a salad, he was goin on and on about having dessert and saying i don't need to diet etc. I went to the loo and came back and he'd bought me a massive slice of cheesecake! i ate the whole thing then i was so pissed off with him about it! I know he was trying to be nice but i had been very clear... i know i didn't have to eat it but when a cheesecake is looking at you like that it is vveeeeeeeery hard not to :-/

I have been to subway and to KFC to pick up food for my other half and as much as I like both and it does bother me a little bit. I see it as a test for myself and self motivation and willpower not to get anything while im there, and when I dont I feel proud of myself. But if I were you if it is really getting you down just have a talk with the person and explain how you are feeling etc :) Hope you get everything sorted out soon x

A colleague at work always makes a point of telling me when the other offices have cake and biscuits. Comes back from the canteen and tells me what puddings are on that day! I never got puddings at work even before sw so it's not like she thinks i would be interested.

She weighs herself most days at work which is fair enough but when she has asked what i have lost, she then wants me to prove it on the scales at work!

It's pretty obvious i have lost as my work trousers were hanging off me last week and she commented that i needed smaller ones!

my husband is the worst for it!! "aww i love you the way you are" (grr i dont!) "you dont need to diet, stay in with me" (grr i like going to SW!!) and "have a night off, lets order a pizaa/chinese/indian" or "have a night off, look ibrought all these biscuits/choc/icecream" (ahhhh!!! y wont u help me!!) "you dont need to diet" *literally throws a pack of cookies at me*
it is soooooo hard to resist..although 99% of the time i do, it just makes me soo angry n not wana spend time with him as it is pretty much like this every night n just really gets me down! and yep ive told him that it annoys/angers/upsets/frustrates mebut he still does it! tried getting him to fdo SW with me as he is overweight (i think i worked out earlier a BMI of around 35!) but he just not interested he said he wont give up "nice food!" grrr ... sorry, that turned into a bit of a rant! :/

got pizza for the kids last night and i had a "free" pasta
i managed just to nick a corner but i was nearly my own sabateur

Boyfriends are the biggest sabateurs! I suggest not bothering with a saturday take away, its as if I just suggested I run round the streets naked he was so shocked lol he doesn't wanna give it up!! So I try to compromise, by getting indian/chinese I can stay on plan. But now and again he is cheeky and tries it on with a pizza. Sometimes I can't resist a pizza :( his response is always 'you have to have one treat' yeh, but pizza is just too high in syns to have!! I told him to keep pizzas to himself

I am very lucky at home as my husband is incredibly supportive of me losing weight, he knows I'm doing it for both of us and really helps to keep me on track. He's ended up losing weight too since I started cooking healthier meals and stopped getting takeaway 2-3 times a week! So no issues there.

Work is the problem as we have a resident 'feeder'. She bakes a lot and brings gorgeous, homemade cakes into work several times a week. She's proud of what she makes and rightly so as they are lovely! The problem is that if you don't have a cake she takes it almost as an insult. I've told her I'm trying to lose weight and I don't think she really believed me at first. Now I've lost a bit and people are starting to notice it's 'well you're doing so well, can't you treat yourself as a reward?' Argh!! I've only caved once so far and that was when someone left a chocolate cupcake on my desk. I ate a tiny bit of it, felt horribly guilty, wrapped it up and took it home for husbandface. I knew it was there all day though and it did me in knowing I couldn't eat it and I ended up having some lemon cake (which in my warped brain appeared healthier!) anyway as I was so fed up and couldn't stop thinking of cake by that point.

Have kept strong since then though and aim to keep it that way!

Oh my boyfriend is supportive, even wanting me to give him pointers, but on a saturday evening that goes out of the window lol I think its because he is always restricting himself during the week. He used to be 19 stone and lost a lot of weight before we got together, but he did it unhealthily by severely restricting what he ate so a saturday night is his treat night and he looks forward to it all week lol so far none of this has affected my losses though. When it starts to, its going!! Believe me

Oh and I'm lucky at work all my workmates are dead supportive BUT I work in a bakery we make cakes and the inevitable is that sometimes there's a damaged sandwhich cakes, sometimes there's cakes that havnt been sold at market, sometimes there are scones freshly baked and every day they have something at half tens coffee time. It takes a strong will to resist those treats, let me tell you lol!! I'm not the biggest cake fan but now and again if I make the coffee and cut everyone a cake the cake does look very appealing lol I havnt given in yet though! I usually take a piece of fruit or a hifi/alpen light if I'm due a healthy extra

Rochelle1 said:
Oh my boyfriend is supportive, even wanting me to give him pointers, but on a saturday evening that goes out of the window lol I think its because he is always restricting himself during the week. He used to be 19 stone and lost a lot of weight before we got together, but he did it unhealthily by severely restricting what he ate so a saturday night is his treat night and he looks forward to it all week lol so far none of this has affected my losses though. When it starts to, its going!! Believe me

Oh and I'm lucky at work all my workmates are dead supportive BUT I work in a bakery we make cakes and the inevitable is that sometimes there's a damaged sandwhich cakes, sometimes there's cakes that havnt been sold at market, sometimes there are scones freshly baked and every day they have something at half tens coffee time. It takes a strong will to resist those treats, let me tell you lol!! I'm not the biggest cake fan but now and again if I make the coffee and cut everyone a cake the cake does look very appealing lol I havnt given in yet though! I usually take a piece of fruit or a hifi/alpen light if I'm due a healthy extra

Oh my word - I couldn't do your job! I swear I would cave surrounded by cake all day! Then again I guess if you have to look at it all day the appeal might go a bit? In any case you've got a will of iron I think!

Oh my word - I couldn't do your job! I swear I would cave surrounded by cake all day! Then again I guess if you have to look at it all day the appeal might go a bit? In any case you've got a will of iron I think!

I think the fact everyone knows I'm on slimming world, and root for me every week, stops me joining in lol and yeah you're right sometimes when you're smelling it every day and seeing it you don't fancy eating it. Its only the fresh sandwhich cakes that look appealing lol scones I'm not too bad as they mostly cut the cheese ones as they're everyones fave (I'm sure the lady who makes them does a few mishapes on purpose lol) and I don't like cheese scones ;)

My hubby took me in to a fish and chip shop while shopping yesterday I just stopped as we walked in and said I'm not eating here the lady behind the counter looked very shocked lol xxx

My other half def is my sabatour ... I've been pretty good ESP with take AWACS and eating out I whip out my iPhone and check mother SW page for the syns lol he says it does his head in I say when I'm back to how I used to be he will be happy for it !
It was * week this week and I caved terriblly duvet day followed by films and pizza :( ... But we did have 2 hours on the wii with the kids after x

My mum is a huge saboteur! She's also on SW & is doing really well. The problem is her wi day is Saturday, morning wi too. So she comes back Saturday afternoon & will have her weekly treat with her BUT she always brings me something too! Last week it was McDonalds, yesterday it was a huge bag of ministers!!! My wi day is Wednesday and the weekends are hard enough without her tempting me even more!

Last weekend I had a go, saying what she was doing was unfair & I didn't mind if she bought McDs back with none for me, etc. She apologised & I thought that was it.....until I got home last night & there was the huge of choc placed right next to me, literally!

I know I could just say no but if I was good at saying no, I wouldn't be a part of SW! I'm ok in restaurants, at work and at my boyfs house & always say no to non-SW things but at home when things are literally placed on my lap, I just cave :(

Another boyfriend saboteur here, Im usually very good at saying no to the takeaways he and his dad get every other night i even order them for them but last week he whinged at me to have pizza hut with him i said no, i resisted i was doing so well i didnt order anything for myself but there was so much left over and he just kept offering me it over and over again. So to cut a long story short i had half a large meatfeast!!! Grrr

Another boyfriend saboteur here, Im usually very good at saying no to the takeaways he and his dad get every other night i even order them for them but last week he whinged at me to have pizza hut with him i said no, i resisted i was doing so well i didnt order anything for myself but there was so much left over and he just kept offering me it over and over again. So to cut a long story short i had half a large meatfeast!!! Grrr

Aww its awful isn't it, we should all gang up on our boyfriends/husbands lol

I don't mind my treat on a saturday, but I like to be able to count it in syns, like this week my indian came to 20 syns, I'm happy with that with the 5 or so I save from every day to compensate

Back