Saddle Bags No More!

Thanks Dawn

I'm going to go to class tonight and take it from there, if I gain, I gain, if I have a loss then fab (I won't get too carried away with that thought though!)

From tomorrow I will promise myself that I will write every single item of food down just to make sure I'm not missing counting anything, do more exercise (which isn't hard as I'm pretty much doing nothing at the minute) and plan my food ahead.

Anybody got any tasting filling and cheap meal ideas for evening meals - I'm trying to cut down my shopping bill and if I plan ahead I should be able to do that rather than just going to the supermarket and thinking that looks nice etc, etc and it a) never getting eaten, b) not what I would usually buy and c) expensive!!!

Much love to you all, WE CAN DO THIS, we just need a little a$$ kicking along the way! ;)

xxx

Have you tried the one syn + HEXB pasties? Lynne posted the recipe in the recipe section they are divine . i have made the corned beef ones and loved them they are 1 syn for the corned beef and HEXB for the pitta pasty which is amazing. I also made a potato, onion, cheese one free on a green day so long as use HEXB and HEXA

What days do you normally do sweetie so we can help with meal ideas? xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ps goodluck at WI,if you gain it will come off, if you lose fan bleddy tastic, if you STS , again it will come off, cos we are in this together :D xxxxx

Make a batch of veggie soup up - add loads of lentils, pulses etc to bulk it out and they're dirt cheap. I do this, make about 10-12 portions which I freeze and can then defrost and quickly reheat. I'll be doing ny next batch on Monday as I've run out. Oh and pearl barley is,another cheap and filling ingredient to throw in. Good luck tonight chicadee xx

Thanks Guys

I normally only have to cook for me and hubby as kids have tea at my mum's or mum in laws so I do bolgonese, chilli, chicken wrapped in bacon with veggies, stuff like that really, tonight we are having stew as I've left it in the slow cooker, after wi of course and I'll have a sneaky yorkshire pud with it.

My shopping bill always seems to be huge, I do have kids pack ups to to everyday though so they do add up but just wondered if anyone had any filling and cheap meals!

Thanks for the tips chicas!

xxx

on a green or EE day what about a simple tomato sauce I just made one at lunchtime and simple and so quick.

tin chopped tomatoes ( I used value ones so about 33p)
3 -4 cloves of squashed garlic, fried until golden in 1tbsp olive oil (3 syns)
fresh basil

simmer until it evaporates and thickens, serve with pasta, HEXA of mozerella mmmmmmmmm

Hi Guys

So I went to wi and 0.5lb on, that's not bad is it?

I really have to get my a$$ into gear now. Please feel free to kick my butt this week to keep me on the straight and narrow :asskick:

:thankyou: all for your words of wisdom and help this week xxxx

0.5lb really is nothing SB - and you sound a million % focused again which is fab, I will be keeping up with you to see if your motivation rubs off ;)

I have really cut down my food costs by planning my meals - on a Sunday I tend to make a week's worth of soup for my lunches and I also make like a big lasagne/pasta dish that I can have and freeze a couple of portions to heat up later in the week. I guess that doesn't really help when you have more than one person to cook for - depends how much freezer space you have lol

Hope everything else is well with you :) xxx

Thanks guys, hey Pinkie loving the new avatar pic - can you believe the difference in the one you had before, you look amazing!!

I am going to get organised this week and plan ahead and also look back on my food diaries on the weeks I had 4 or 4.5lb losses and see what I was doing different then to now.

Have a good week everyone.

Much love and big thanks xxxx

Hi SB,

Well I think that half pound is hardly worth taking any notice of hunni! That's a fab result...especially after all your worrying! :D

Now we need to keep the momentum going and do everything possible to get a good loss next week and get you well and truly on plan xxx

Hi Pinkie

So far so good, I'll be well disappointed if I don't get a loss tomorrow night I've tried so hard this week.

Hope you're enjoying your break, another new avatar - get you!!

Hi SB,

How lovely to come here and find such a positive post from you!

With an attitude like that you really do deserve a good loss tomorrow.

Good luck hun xx

Thanks Dawn, I really hope so just to get me going again, I really have worked hard but my scales don't seem to be budging much at all :confused:

Will see what tomorrow brings.

xx

I know that feeling so well!

I don't mind not having a good result on the scales if there's a reason for it (like tonite for instance...had a celebratory 3 day weekend lol!) but I do get so cross when I've been good and the scales don't budge :(

Fingers crossed for u sweetie x

skinnydawn said:
I know that feeling so well!

I don't mind not having a good result on the scales if there's a reason for it (like tonite for instance...had a celebratory 3 day weekend lol!) but I do get so cross when I've been good and the scales don't budge :(

Fingers crossed for u sweetie x

I can so relate to that, good luck sb xxx

Evening SB x

Any news for us...? ;)

Sorry Dawn, I was too busy checking in on Maverick to see if she passed her exam to update my own diary!

2lbs off - yay I'm back in the game. Scales said 2.5lbs off then pipped up to 2 - darn scales, although I'm telling myself I must have been borderline for 2.5lbs so I'm spurring myself on to next week that I'm already (maybe) 0.5lb off to give me a boost - god I'm mental :8855:

xxx

Ok, I forgive you SB! X

Especially when you post a 2lb loss lol!

Well done you! I hope you're really pleased hunni and that its given you a nice big boost! Xx

Back