Saddlebag's Refeed

Hiya greta! Thanks for popping in, I've been rubbish with my diary recently.
It was my birthday last weekend so needless to say I did indulge although not massively! Had a big breakfast Saturday then a bit of homemade curry before going out on the tiles. Didn't have my usual kebab though, hooray!
Sunday was my birthday, terribly hungover and ended up eating crisps in bed for breakfast... Woops. Didn't eat until later on when I had a few friends around for nibbles and drinks but I didn't eat much at all- a few cocktail sausages and other rubbishy bits that I like but wasn't excessive. I had a small slice of cake then the rest went to work on Monday so I didn't have it around the house!
Also I have a new man who thankfully isn't a feeder and helps me to keep on track during the week.
I put on about 3lbs at the weekend but I'm hoping they'll be gone by Friday. Off out for a curry tonight for work but I'll not be having my usual lamb korma!
How's things going with you?

Ah yes. I have a boyfriend who is definitely not a feeder and definitely prefers me slim so no chance of us lolling on the sofa stuffing pizza and chocolate that's for sure! Maybe a good thing?

Well, I am currently maintaining at around 9 st 7 or 8. However, to maintain this weight I am only eating around 1200 calories a day, sometimes a little more and sometimes less with the very odd treat meal - and I do mean very odd. I am having a three course special meal out on saturday in London so am trying to be good this week.

Am finding maintaining as hard a job as dieting to be honest... and I am terrified of putting the weight back on. I have a wardrobe full of size 8 and 10 clothes..some of which only *just* fit. I cannot afford to put on a single pound really so could do with losing a little more. But if i can't lose on 1200 a day then God alone knows how I will shift it.

You sound like you have a good handle on it though

I think we all lucky having non-feeders- from experience it makes it all so much easier when people around you are supportive. Some people will encourage you to eat crap because that's what they want to eat and some will miss out on treats to make it easier for you. If yours is anything like mine he can eat anything and stay slim so I'm really appreciative that he helps me stay on track.
I reckon you'll find gradually your body will adjust regarding your calorie intake. 1200 cals isn't much I know- it's what I try to stick to during the week. You burn a lot of that just being alive! So our bodies are probably still adjusting after having to live on so little for so long.
I try to make the most of my calories by having the odd 'treat'. Sometimes I'll not have a banana (about 90 cals) and have a packet of quavers instead (109) if that's what I need to satisfy my savoury tooth. Some good substitutes can be had. Hovis wheatgerm loaf are small slices but only 58 per slice so with a teaspoon of flora lighter than light (15) you can get a round of toast pretty cheap!
A banana sliced and frozen is like sweeties ;-)

Ok ok they're not haribo tangfastics... But they are sweet and yummy!

Back