Sagging Skin Worries? Read this.

awesome - this has explained so much to me - and affirmed the importance to continue with my weight training and keep building muscle. My tummy deffo looks better but its still quite flabby - but i can under the flab that i am developing a six pack - probably going to take me a few months of hardcore working out to get my tummy toned - but i have to be honest and say i wasnt sure if i would have really healthy looking skin but reading this has given me a lot of hope - i have lost 9 inches from my waist in 3 months - so i just got to keep focused on building muscle now....

x

Scary though, as the goal is a shrinking weight dial on the scales. Building muscle mass will increase weight as muscle is heavier than fat. Personally, I will be happy to get to goal, and then worry about building muscle mass after!

When you are on TFR programme, it is very unlikely that you will build up much muscle, as the number of calories are very restricted.

But when you go on refeed and you add more calories and much more protein, the ratio of muscle to fat will automatically increase, providing you exercise as well.

I think in the meantime light exercise like walking, swimming and light weights all help as well as massaging the skin and keeping it in good condition with a moisturizer.

Having lost six and half stone before and then putting five of it back on:break_diet: the thought of loose skin as never been too far from my mind as I want to be slim and really don't want to have loose skin either to be honest.:cry:

So many say... one can end up like a deflated balloon from losing and regaining big weight like I have.:eek::(

Touch wood:rolleyes: so far so good:innocent0001:

I read that article years ago and it has always given me hope.

Love Mini xxx

I know after I had my son I had the baby pounch still there even though I was walking and exercising and it was not until my weight went below eight and half stone...bmi of 19.5 ...that it seemed to go like magic.

My original weight for years was 105lb to 110lb...

Love Mini xxx

This is such an interesting subject - as I am at the stage of nearly being at goal - my skin isnt that bad but there is deffo room for improvement - I am definitley encouraged by the comments you have made mini.

The fact that im eating now and by keeping up my exercise I will hopefully soon start to see big changes. Im BMI 22 now and hope to get to BMI 21, and then decide if I could do with another 3or4 pounds off.

Mini what height are you? 5ft?!

xox

thefutureisbright: If you're weight training (not those dinky girl weights but real weights)/eating protein and watching fats/carbs and into the right eating and all that, you should see: BeyondLowCarb - Index

Excellent forum - dispels all myths, as well! You'd LOVE it there!

Great linkage ! Thanks for that :)

Back