sagging skin!

jmny

Hi I have 3 and a half stone to loose this is the first time I've ever been overweight, and I gained more weight following a pregnancy where I got very big and carried a lot of fluid, got stretch marks etc. My tummy obviously doesn't look too hot right now since I'm at the start of my diet, but considering the pregnancy it's not sagging too bad, however, as I said I'm still big right now so I guess it's v filled out with fat. Anyway, my question is ladies who have lost considerable weight and reached their goal, how was your skin afterwards, did you suffer from loose/sagging skin. Have any of you had or considering a tummy tuck or bariatric surgery?

Hi jmny,

I have lost almost 4 stone over the last year and surprisingly I have very little 'saggy skin'. I really did think it would look horrendous but my tummy has tightened up quite nicely even without extensive exercise (I dance and walk, that's all). I, ahem, had a bit of an 'apron' during my bigger days but my lower stomach is pretty flat now. I still have stretchmarks of course, although they are silvery but I am trying to make peace with that. They are battle scars from my weightloss journey ;)

yay I'm hoping for similar results to you! I had stretch marks that looked like a tiger ran it's claws down either side of my stomach, now they've faded to almost white...and they don't bother me either! :) 3lbs to go?!?! Well done and hang in there for the home stretch!! :)

hi there! i have lost several stone....i have come down from 20 stone 9 to 16 stone 1....and i have to say that my belly seems to be escaping the dreaded saggy skin syndrome so far!
i am quite surprised at this because i have been yo-yo dieting dreadfully for a few years, and i though that my skin would be really stretched by the rapid weigh gain and then rapid weight loss over and over !
i hope that as long as i lose the rest of my weight at a steady pace it will give my skin a chance to 'shrink' with me !!!

i hope you get away with it too !!! xxx

Back