Saggy skin

I saw the article in the DM. She had lost 11 stone though which is half what you will lose but even so I can't imagine I'd rather be morbidly obese than have some extra skin? I've lost just over 5 and a half stone so far and I think that the only bit of skin that may not recover fully is at the top of my thighs. I can live with that.

Let's face it - if there is a story which will horrify people then the Daily Mail will publish it. It will always be the most extreme and unlikely scenario. I have lost almost 9 stone now and I have a bit of lose skin on my arms and my thighs. My tummy will also have some when I'm done (still a chunk of fat the so difficult to know how much). I'm 43 and have been obese or morbidly obese for the whole of my adult life. You won't find a story on me at the end in the daily mail - not scary enough. Just don't read the awful paper!

Got some of the coconut oil today, tried a little on my arm and it seems fab! Can't wait to have a bath and smother myself in it after!

15 lost : 52 to goal

fizzyfluff said:
Got some of the coconut oil today, tried a little on my arm and it seems fab! Can't wait to have a bath and smother myself in it after!

Where from? I saw some in an Asian supermarket about a quarter of the price of Holland & Barratt but wasn't sure it was exactly the same. It'd just the pure stuff you cook with isn't it?

Yea, it's a soild cold pressed one, called perfectly pure.

Cost £14.99 for 450g, and then got another tub for 1p in their sale

Can I ask, what made you choose coconut oil? It was about 4 pounds a tub in the Asian shop, but was a little smaller.

I lost 11.5 stone and have a lot of lose skin everywhere, despite using every lotion, potion, body wrap, exercise, body brush on the planet. Partly it's due to age ( I was 31 at the time) , the older you are the less elasticity you have, and also yo yo dieting has a big part to play in it too, if you are constantly stretching the skin, then losing, then stretching, well you get the rubber band theory idea. I didn't see any improvement in the skin over 5 years never mind 1 year and to be honest it completely put me off losing the last couple of stone as I could see I was going to look progressively worse, add to that the tricks I have to play with clothing to hide it and the weird shape of my belly.

I fully understand anyone saying they wish they hadn't bothered losing it, it's such hard work getting the fat off and then you're left with a body that's better with it's clothes on still! I fully intend to get a body lift done after I reach my goal, surgeon tells me there is about 18lbs of lose skin and fat he can take away and improve my shape significantly.

If you want a good moisturiser I recommend natural products rich in nutrients over products that you can buy from the supermarket (palmers, vaseline, dove moisturisers etc) that are more than likely full of all sorts of other stuff and contain very little of what you actually need/want for your skin.

Really we need something that can penetrate the skin which isn't that easy. Carrier oils like emu oil etc might help. We can smother our bodies in shop bought moisturisers but with them just sitting on the surface of the skin they aren't really doing much to the lower layers (dermis) where the collagen and elastic fibers are. I am so not saying certain creams definitely can or cannot help with sagging skin/skin elasticity after weight loss but I do believe if we can get it to penetrate down into the skin it would surely benefit us more than just sitting on or partially penetrating the epidermis. Obviously there is a lot more to it than simply just moisturising. Genetics, age, starting weight, how much you lose, how long you've been over weight can all play a huge part in how your skin is after weight loss.

If I had to choose I would go with the shea butter or coconut oil (even better both!) over the supermarket moisturisers. Shea butter for example is rich in vits A and E.

KatherineK said:
I use Fushi Virgin organic coconut oil and it's dreamy. It is oily so you don't need a lot. Put a small amount in the palm of you hand and rub them together just to warm it a little, then use. Since I began using it, and drinking loads of water, my skin is the best it has been in years. You can also eat it, as it's full of nutrients, but it is high in fat, so be careful. A two for 1, you can't complain at that :)

Got it from this post. Currently slandered in it and it feels fab!

I swear by the palmers cocoa stuff but I totally agree it's much more about the daily application than just getting the best cream. The Garnier 24hr moisturiser one is also lovely, not too greasy or rich.

:D

I've given the Clarins up for something a bit cheaper!!! Couldnt justify £40 a tub!!!

: (

I love my palmers, the marks on my boobs are all flat and pale now

Might try the new soap and glory xs one before gettin into bikini for hols!!

Isn't Argan Oil meant to be the new wonder product? I use it on my dry naturally curly hair and it is very good, and I know you can use it as a moisturiser but not sure whether it will help tighten up the saggy bits? May have to give it a go.
Realistically though, surely any moisturiser is better than none at all!?!

I'm trying the Nivea q10 oil... I'll report back in a fortnight LOL x

RebekahR said:
I'm trying the Nivea q10 oil... I'll report back in a fortnight LOL x

I have stopped using that as it was making me have spots... I have never had spots not even in my teenage years!

Either my toning up is really starting to work or the Wileda pomegranate oil is AMAZING!!!!!! And its half the price of the clarins I was using!!! X

Ooo nooo!! Spots bad news

Where do I get the Pom oil hun?? X

NEWS FLASH!!!

PALMERS COCOA BUTTER FORMULA - FIRMING BUTTER IS £3.00 FOR 315ML IN ASDA

SPECIALLY FORMULATED FOR USE AFTER PREGNANCY AND WEIGHT LOSS

Just thought I'd past it on x x

Back