Salad cream

Charli2019

I need a little bit of advice please :)
I love making potato salad, at the mo I'm having it for lunches made with potatoes, spring onion, red pepper, bacon, hard boiled egg then salad cream mixed in. Only problem is that I loveeee salad cream and using up syns on this, is there anything I can mix with it to make it go further so I'm not using too many syns?
Thanks in advance x

Charli2019 said:
I need a little bit of advice please :)
I love making potato salad, at the mo I'm having it for lunches made with potatoes, spring onion, red pepper, bacon, hard boiled egg then salad cream mixed in. Only problem is that I loveeee salad cream and using up syns on this, is there anything I can mix with it to make it go further so I'm not using too many syns?
Thanks in advance x

I mix it with 0% Greek natural yoghurt - still tastes like salad cream but goes that bit further x

What about the salad cream 'light' versions? I much prefer them to the mayo 'light' versions out there!

I already use the light one but it's still 1syn per tbsp and I use about 3 per portion so would like to half that if possible!
Thanks, wil def try the Greek yoghurt!

Thanks for that...guess what I am taking to work for tea tonight!

I did think though you could do the same thing with savoury rice and as it's quite moist you wouldn't need as much salad cream! Not quite like a potato salad but there you go!

try the salad cream extra light at 1 syn per tbls, the light one is 1.5 syns per tbls according to the online syn sedction

Many moons ago I had a boyfriend that was a chef in a posh hotel and he taught me to just add a little water to mayo / salad cream when making potato salads.

I'm a salad cream fiend too and totally resent having to use my syns for it!!

Someone did a tremendous tuna pasta salad and mixed 2 tbsp of extra light mayo (1syn)and 1 tbsp fat free natural yogurt.

I tried fat free yog in my salad cream and it's dead nice!!!

I love salad cream too but I hate the vinegary taste of the lighter version so I mix mine with a little fromage frais - on occasion natural yogurt - it also makes the ex low mayo go a lot further if you're like me and love loads of the stuff!

Try useing some x light salad cream, some fromage frais or 0% total yogurt, a little sweetner & a little water. Thats what i used in mine the other week and it was deligh hun x

Thanks for all the great ideas, I've got some fat free natural yog in the fridge so will be trying that when I get in from work. Glad to see I'm not the only salad cream lover haha :)

ooh i want potato salad!! good ideas people :D xxx

I'm going to experiment over the weekend and see if I can make my own, will let you know if it's successful! x

Back