Salad dressings

sealy27

Hey All,

Me again...during the induction phase, Dr Atkins says you can have pre pared salad dressings without added sugar and no more than 2 carbs per tablesppon serving...

So my question is...when reading a label, they tend to be per 100g...so any suggestions how to work out per serving?

Thanks again! :eek:)

If you divide it by 10 that is roughly correct, and easy to do in the supermarket.

I didn't know that Ali, thanks. I never bothered really, I always think it's such a small amount that who cares. :)

perhaps not the best advice. LOL

I find the Tesco Mayo very low in carbs and tasty as well. I often dollop that on a salad with a dash of Tabasco.

I make my own with 2tbs red wine vinegar, 2tbs olive oil, mustard, sprinkle of mixed herbs and 1 crushed garlic clove.......mix it up and let it infuse for a few hours at room temperature. Yummy yumsters. And always have mayo with it too....simply cos you can :)

Last edited:
thanks alot for all your replies guys! :eek:))

That's Ok Sealy, we know you're and Essex girl ;)

And always have mayo with it too....simply cos you can
LOL!

Can I recommend Cardini's Full Fat Ceaser Dressing it's gorgeous and only 1carb per serving and a little goes a long way - good on salad, steak and lovely over steamed green veg. Yumscious

Thanks Barbapapa - sounds yummy!! Where do you buy it from?!

Jim - Not only am i an Essex Girl, i'm blonde too!!! Plenty more questions on their way! lol

I get mine from Tesco but I'm sure any of the big supermarkets or deli's would stock it. Enjoy - I'm having some ooozed over my steamed brocolli and Spinach to go with my peppered steak this evening. Can't believe I'm on a diet sometimes!

Jim - Not only am i an Essex Girl, i'm blonde too!!! Plenty more questions on their way! lol

Thought so. ;)

Back