Salad from Tossed

kingleds

Gold Member
Have tried to see if anyone has asked already but no go so can someone please just sanity check me on this?

I got a salad from Tossed for lunch. THe contents were

Cos Lettuce,
Raw Broccoli
Raw Carrot
Spring Onion
cucumber
peppers
Raw mushrooms
Brown Rice
Chicken
Balsamic Vinegar

Would you syn this at all? There was no oil on it at all. I'm more concerned about the brown rice as I've never had it before and don't know how you usually cook it. They said the chicken was poached so that would be free.

I'd say that's perfect on EE, no syns at all and you've got the third superfree. On green HEXB or syn the chicken and on red HEXB or syn the brown rice (I think it's still a HEXB)

Thank you Leapfrog. In my head i knew it should be okay but sometimes you just need someone else to say it.

New lunch place for me now. Plus its 20 min walk so good exercise :)

Brown rice has never been a HEB I don't think!! But agree, Tossed sounds like a great place!

I was looking up Tossed syns the other day too - as it was the only place around my work that has something you can really have for lunch! However, think I decided for it to be syn free it would have to be a fairly boring/expensive salad!

I think it really depends on how you like your salad. The one i had was £5.80 - so more expensive than making my one, but actually a bit cheaper than alot of other lunch options in london.

Choice wise its actually really easy to get your free & superfree in - & they have a fat free dressing option as well which is helpful. However, its also really easy to have a fairly high syn salad there (as i was trying to explain to my mate whilst in there the other day)

I think its a good choice if i'm stuck but i prefer my home made ones. It has given me some new ideas for things to add to my salad though so not at all bad :)

Nice extra easy find that one Kingleds.

Very good to find a salad not dripping in oil or covered in bad dips/sauces etc.

I love the salad at tossed, usually go to Westfield shepherds bush. They have a nice Mexican outside which has lots of good EE options

That is where I go for lunch - as I work next to Westfield.
Not tried the Mexican before though!

Back