Sally's Scoff Box

Sally_Cinnamon

doesn't have a witty name
:D

DAY ONE

Might be a bit all over the place because I'm doing this from memory. Anyone that reads this, please feel free to point out if I'm doing something wrong (like with HEA, HEB etc etc).

Breakfast

* Peach
* 3 x scrambled eggs with sauteed green pepper, onion, mushrooms & spinach (no oil)

Lunch

* Spicy lentil & rice soup (homemade, from a batch in the freezer)

still hungry after a couple of hours so went for another rummage in the freezer...

*Homemade vegetarian chili with boiled rice 1 syn

Dinner

Yet to be decided upon, thinking of making a pasta bake with broccoli, green peppers, sweetcorn, but does anyone know if I can have cheese as a HEB if I've already had milk as a HEA? I can't remember :( If so, I'm going to make a cheese sauce from the rest of my milk allowance and an ounce of cheddar cheese, thickened with some flour--except that I can't remember how many syns the flour will be but it's not as if I've had many syns today to worry about it that much... Although I might just warm up another batch of my vegetarian chili--it's stacked with veggies (green pepper, onion, carrots, three kinds of beans, bulgar wheat, loads of spices--the syns come from a secret ingredient, 1oz of dark chocolate in the entire batch. Makes it taste wonderfully rich but doesn't add too much in the way of calories)

Think I'm doing okay today. :)

UPDATE:

Just had the most delicious dinner.

*Spinach and chive flavoured pasta, with sauteed mushrooms, onions, green beans and garlic, and 2oz of grated cheddar cheese (2 HEB's, I think?)

I didn't make the cheese sauce because I was feeling lazy, and it was flippin' delicious anyway. Ate a humongous bowlful and am now happily full as a frog.

BUT... think I still have a HEA to eat (do I get two a day or just one?) Even if I only have one HEA, I've only had a fraction of the 350mls of milk allowed.

And I've only had 1 syn. So I should probably eat something else later on. Don't know how I'm going to fit anything else in my belly, to be honest :D

UPDATE 2:

Made up a bowl of Jello pudding (a bit like Angel Delight) using the rest of my HEA milk allowance. Reckon it was around 9 syns.

So...

Syns for day: 10

Syns left for week: 5

Last edited:
Hiya Sally, welcome to slimming world and well done for taking your weight loss by the reigns!! I know how many tempting foods there are in the States so good job for deciding to rejoin SW!!

Okay now your questions;
You're obviously having a green day and it appears to be all free food so you still have 1 or 2 A choices (depending on your needs) and 2 B choices left to eat. If you've had an A choice in milk then you can still have one more A choice if you wish and 2 B choices left so yes you can have your ounce of cheddar cheese as an A or B on a green day.

Also, flour is 3.5syns per level tablespoon so enjoy! Don't forget to fill up on lots of fruit and veg!

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask. The ladies here are incredibly supportive and full of information! Good luck hun!!

Thanks SO much honey :)

I had forgotten how many A's and B's I could have--knew it was 2 B's, thought it was only 1 A. I don't have any additional nutritional needs, I'm not young :D and I'm not pregnant or nursing so it's just the regular plan for me.

And yes, you're right, I'm on a green day. I'm *almost* a vegetarian. I occasionally indulge in bacon and the odd bit of chicken but mostly I'm a veggies, pasta, and rice kind of girl--so SW suits me down to the ground in that respect.

So, I'm thinking I'll make a pasta bake and that I can even use a whole 2oz of cheese (to use up both of those HEB's). And 3.5syns for the flour will be plenty to make a lovely cheese sauce.

Again, thanks so much for your help :) I really appreciate it :)

(This is such a lovely place, I feel at home already)

Awww so glad you feel at home! I'm on here every day :eek:
Yes your 2 B choices as cheese is correct and your cheese sauce sounds fabulous!! Here's a link to a thread where we all post TONS of delicious food pics and recipes!

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/84682-post-your-food-pics-meal-ideas.html

I should say that I'm actually following weight watchers points plan but I started with Slimming world and lost over 2st since November 2009. I switched to WW recently because I wanted some more flexibility/variety with my meals. I definitely think my stint with WW is temporary and I'll go back to SW soon but I'm enjoying WW at the moment :D

Are you aware that there's a new plan on Slimming world? Its called the extra easy plan and you can have red and green foods on the same day in the same meal! The catch is that you can only have one A and one B choice and fill 1/3 of your plate at every meal with superfree fruit and veg.

Take care and good luck!

Last edited:
Well done on your weight loss, honey! 2st is GREAT!

I'm a bit like you, in reverse (and without the 2st weight loss :D). I started WW in January, lost 10lbs and have now switched to SW for pretty much the same reason--a bit more variety (and a few much-craved bowls of steaming pasta :D)

I've been checking out the recipes--mmmm

And tomorrow is grocery shopping day so I'm really looking forward to stocking up on loads more healthy foods. Today was a bit of a "have to eat what's in the fridge" kind of day.

DAY TWO

So, I was up all night weeing. I suppose that's because I have all this healthy food suddenly in my system.

Today:

* We have to do our grocery shopping :turkey::icecream::lemon::waterbottle: which means less time to make myself a decent breakfast. We have to be back by 12.00pm because eldest daughter has a date at 12.30pm and needs me to drive her there :rolleyes:
*Following the date drop-off, I'm planning to head to a coffee shop :drivesaint00: to get some studying done. One more week until finals week, I have three papers due in the next five days and three exams the week after :superwoman: But this reduces the time I have for a decent lunch.
*Meanwhile, S is making pancakes and bacon for the girls. They smell AMAZING but I'm not having any:innocent0002: I have a bowl of pineapple.

BREAKFAST

* Bowl of pineapple
* Banana

LUNCH

* Hundred Calorie English Muffin (1 x HEB)
* Egg, fried in spray oil
* Kraft cheese slice (1 x HEA)
* Morningstar Sausage Pattie 4 syns

* Banana
* Starbucks non-fat chai latte (1 x HEB + 2 syns)

DINNER

* Veggie kebabs (mushroom, onion, pepper, courgette, marinated in lemon juice, rosemary and garlic)
* Small jacket potato
* Fresh corn on the cob
* 8 bite sized Oreo cookies 6 syns

It's 8pm and I'm strangely still hungry (how, after all that food???) but I have some of my veggie chili defrosting and a huge pot of Chana Masala that S made in the slow cooker for me today which will be syn free. If I really need something, I can have either of those things later on.

Syns for the day: 12

Syns left for the week: 8

Will edit throughout the day as I eat more :p

Last edited:
DAY THREE

So far, so good--I think.

Today's hurdle:

* Leaving at 8am for class, won't get home until 3pm with no chance to eat anything in between

BREAKFAST

* Half a banana
* Bowl of fruit salad
* Two mugs of hot water (it occurred to me that I haven't been keeping track of my drinks)
* Large tea

LUNCH

* Luna Bar (its a high energy protein bar available here in the USA. They keep me going on long days like today and have stacks of vitamins in them) 9 syns

* Seasoned couscous
* Veggie chili 2 syns
* Large mug of hot water

Ate the Luna bar at 12pm between classes, had the couscous and chili when I got home at 3pm.

DINNER

* Fat Free Cherry Cheesecake Yoghurt
* Banana
* Large mug of hot water

*Baked potato with grated cheese (HEA)

(Still need to have two HEB's, might make some toast in a wee while...)

* Boiled egg sandwich with 35 cal bread (HEB)
* Bitesize Oreo Cookies 7 syns

Total syns for the day: 18 (OOOPS)

Total left for the week: 5

Will edit throughout the day as I eat more...

Last edited:
Well done Sally, you're doing really well! I'm intrigued by your Luna bars! I find that alpen lights (2 = HEB) are really filling and high in fibre as well! Keep up the good work!

Thanks for the encouragement, honey :)

Here's a link to my beloved Luna Bars--my favourite is Chocolate Raspberry but they're all pretty yummy. For the syn value I could probably have a normal bar of chocolate but I like the fact that Luna bars are actually well-balanced in terms of nutritional content. If I have to skip a meal, at least I know I'm not skipping nutrition if I have one of these. I admit though that they're pretty high in syns--they were only 3 points on WW so I ate one a day. I don't think I'll be doing that now :D

And it's just occurred to me that I haven't had any HEA's or HEB's today. Better get thinking about how I can rectify that...

Last edited:
WEEK ONE, DAY FOUR

It's raining cats and dogs here today, just like being back in England. I have to go into campus for two classes, and have a paper due, so can't avoid the rain. Pah. I want to stay home, watch television, and knit.

Today's hurdle:

* Being in a *pah* kind of mood. I want chocolate. And I ate too many sins yesterday.

BREAKFAST

* Two mugs of hot water
* Banana
* Bowl of blueberries
* Fat free vanilla yoghurt

(That was at 6.30am. By 9.00am I was hungry again, so...)

* 100 calorie English muffin, toasted (1 HEB)
* Kraft cheese slice (1 HEA)
* Egg, fried in PAM
* Morningstar Veggie Sausage Pattie 4 syns
* Two mugs of hot water

LUNCH

After trekking down to campus in the rain, I get to class only to find that it had been cancelled :( So, back on the bus and back home again, a two hour round trip for no good reason at all. Anyway, at least that meant I could have lunch at a decent time. Every cloud and all that :)

* Large lemon tea (on campus)
* Basmati rice
* Steamed broccoli, asparagus, and mushrooms (plenty :D)
* Home made Chana Masala (sliced onions, sweated without oil until soft, add two cans of crushed tomatoes, plenty of spices and simmer for five minutes to allow the spices to cook. Turn into a slow cooker, add two cans of chick peas and cook on low for about 5 hours. Delicious and free)
* Two mugs of hot water

And now I'm happily full. S is cooking chicken tagine tonight and I'm making my spiced couscous to accompany it. I may or may not have this for dinner, haven't yet decided. I'm half-thinking that after such a huge and lovely lunch I might just have a bowl of soup for dinner. But then again...

DINNER

* Spiced couscous with about a dozen sultanas 2 syns?
* Grilled asparagus
* Spiced chicken cooked in vegetable stock
*More hot water

Okay, so I ate dinner :D And now I'm making cupcakes for class tomorrow but I PROMISE not to eat any of them...

I'll update throughout the day as I eat more :D

Total syns for the day: 6

Total syns left for the week: 14

Last edited:
WEEK ONE, DAY FIVE

Last night went a bit pear-shaped. I had a paper to complete for my creative nonfiction class and ended up working on it until 1.30am. Needless to say, I was exhausted (I was looking for the sleepy smilie but can't find one :sigh:) Anyway, I ended up nibbling on the chocolate frosting and cherry filling for the Black Forest cupcakes I'd been baking. I have no clue how to syn it, and I didn't have that much, but I'm going to be on the safe side and say that I ate 14 syns worth, which was all the syns I had carried forward from previous days.

But the paper was completed and I managed about 4 hours of sleep before I had to get up and at 'em today. I woke starving and nauseous, all because of lack of sleep. As I get older it bothers me more. I had to be on campus by 9am, which means leaving the house at 8am, and had loads of stuff still to do but thankfully S made my breakfast. How I've got through the day, I don't know. I've tried to be really good but lack of sleep makes me hungry as my body tries to create energy from food instead of resting. I think I've done okay. I'm shattered, even now, and was tempted to write today off as a bad job but I know that way lies disaster. So, here we go...

BREAKFAST

* 100 calorie English muffin, toasted (1 HEB)
* Kraft cheese slice (1 HEA)
* Egg, fried in PAM
* Two mugs of hot water

(can you tell that this is my favourite breakfast :D)

* Banana (mid-morning, to help keep me going)
* Large lemon tea

LUNCH

(at 3.30pm)

* Boiled basmati rice
* Home made Chana Masala leftovers
* Two mugs of hot water

Found myself absentmindedly picking on Goldfish crackers, for which I'm going to use 11 syns even though I'd just eaten and wasn't hungry. Sat down on the couch and wound up falling asleep. Would have been a lovely nap if I hadn't been prematurely woken by the sound of a drive-on lawnmower in our garden :( Nonetheless, the nap helped loads. And S made dinner...

DINNER

* Trader Joe's garlic and basil flavoured pasta. Yum.
* Home made marinara sauce
* Three Laughing Cow Light Triangles (HEB)
* Glass of Cherry Coke Zero

I'm wondering, as I look at this, where my veggies have been today. Not so good in that respect. Having said that, the Chana Masala was packed with chick peas and onions and the marinara was packed with mushrooms, peppers and onions so maybe it wasn't a total disaster. I just feel bad when I feel like I haven't eaten any clearly visible vegetables, if that makes sense.

Total syns for the day: 15

Syns remaining for the week: 0

Oh good heavens, I can't POSSIBLY have lost any weight this week...:(

WEEK ONE, DAY SIX

Wow, am I really getting to the end of the week already? That's gone so quickly!

Another day on campus today, and another early start, but after a good night's sleep I don't feel anywhere near as miserable as I did yesterday.

BREAKFAST

* Hundred Calorie English Muffin (1 x HEB)
* Egg, fried in spray oil
* Kraft cheese slice (1 x HEA)
* Morningstar Sausage Pattie 4 syns

* Two mugs of hot water

I really need to start varying my breakfasts a bit, I can't rely on having the same thing everyday. But they're quick to make when I have a rushed start and they keep me going a bit longer than a fruit-based breakfast (I don't eat cereal) Anyway, I'm not on campus until 10am tomorrow so I'm going to try to make a different breakfast.

* Large lemon tea

* Two mugs of hot water
* Banana
* Hard boiled egg

(I had an hour's break between classes today, hence the opportunity for a banana)

* Large vanilla chai tea

LUNCH

* 1 Laughing Cow Light Cheese Triangle (1/5 HEA)
* Couscous with spices and a sprinkling of sultanas 2 syns
* Veggie chili 1 syn
* Roasted vegetables (made with PAM spray) - mushrooms, peppers, asparagus, onions, tomatoes with another Laughing Cow Light Cheese Triangles (2/5 HEA)

Feeling better about my vegetable intake today. No idea, though, what I'm having for dinner. I need ideas.

DINNER

* Knorr Pasta Side (Parmesan variety) made with water
* Sauteed green beans and sweetcorn
* Two Laughing Cow Light Cheese Triangles (4/5 HEA)

Syns for the day: 7

Syns remaining for the week: 8

Last edited:
WEEK ONE, DAY SEVEN

Well, I'm shattered and :sigh::( this morning. I've been awake since 3am with allergies. Kentucky is the allergy capital of the world, so I'm told, and despite having NEVER suffered from even a bit of allergy to anything in my life, the pollen in the air here can affect me really badly, mostly with shortness of breath. I got up at 3am, thinking that I'd feel better if I was upright. I feel marginally better now, but obviously exhausted after only 4 hours of poor, disturbed sleep.

Nonetheless, it's onwards and upwards. Thankfully, all my classes are over now (just three final exams next week...) so I have an easy day ahead of me. I'm meeting my creative nonfiction class for coffee and gossip at 10am, which will be lovely (we've really bonded as a group), then Susan and I have a lunch date :) Friday is usually reserved as our date day but we haven't managed it for the last few weeks because of other stuff we've had to do. I'm looking forward to spending some time with her today when we're not looking after children, kittens, or trying to do housework or cook meals. Time to reconnect a bit :)

Anyway, I made a promise to myself yesterday to switch out my breakfast today--helped by the fact that we're out of English muffins and sausage patties :D Don't know what we'll be having for lunch--we're going to a downtown deli called Stella's, one of our favourite places to eat. They make amazing sandwiches--I'm thinking lentil burger, but we'll see what else is on the menu. Oh, and they do an AMAZING jalapeno soda. Sounds weird, tastes fabulous. I wonder how many syns though... ;)

BREAKFAST

* Huge fresh fruit salad - banana, mandarin orange, kiwi, strawberry, grape, and blackberry. Yum. :)
* Fat free French Apple Yoghurt

* Non fat Chai Latte (1 HEA) 2 syns

LUNCH

* Lentil burger with salad and a handful of crisps
* Jalapeno soda

I'm allowing 13 syns for lunch. I don't think it was that much, but it's hard to point something like this. Regardless, it was jolly good and I enjoyed it.

DINNER

Weigh in day tomorrow...

Total syns for the day: 15

Total syns for the week: 95/105

Last edited:
WEEK TWO, DAY ONE

It's Kentucky Derby day here today, and Susan's family are coming over this afternoon to watch the race and eat Hot Browns, a traditional Kentucky dish that is absolutely delicious!

Anyway, I've designated today as an Extra Easy Day because the Hot Browns involve a lot of meat (turkey and bacon) but I still want to be able to have plenty of carbs throughout the day so that I don't go totally mad with the Hot Browns. If I feel hungry when they're served I'm more likely to blow the whole thing than if I have plenty throughout the day--hopefully I'll be able to enjoy our little party without going over the top. Thankfully, none of Susan's family are great dessert eaters so I don't have to deal with the Derby Pie (a heady combination of chocolate and nuts) that would otherwise be on the table. Savoury food is so much easier to syn :)

And it's been a GOOD MORNING :D Hopped on the scales and I've lost 4lb :D so I'm feeling very happy with myself. The fact that it's the start of a new week also gives me a bit of wiggle room with my food today.

BREAKFAST

* Heinz Baked Beans (they cost a fortune here, $2.59 a can, but American baked beans are so yukky I don't mind paying)
* Scrambled eggs (made with water)
* Cottage cheese
* Two mugs of hot water

I have a strange stomach cramp this morning. I think it's something to do with * week, but I'm going to try to drink gallons of water and flush whatever it is through my system.

LUNCH

* Home made spicy black bean soup
* Boiled basmati rice
* Two mugs of hot water
* Egg custard (made with fat free Greek yoghurt, eggs, sweetener and nutmeg)

DINNER

* Hot Brown (toast = 1 HEB, cheese = 1 HEA)
* Roasted Vegetables
* Way too many cookies and a piece of strawberry cake :sign0007:

All was going well until S's mum went to the very high class (and very expensive) deli down the road. She came back with $105 worth of groceries for us (and in only 3 bags--that's how flippin' expensive it is), including $30 worth of cheese (gouda, gruyere, parmesan etc), ciabatta bread, a box of very fancy Italian cookies ($8.15 for a box of cookies :eek:) and a strawberry cream cake. I was doing so well, had my hot brown and veggies, but then had cookies and cake :break_diet:I have no idea how to even begin synning this stuff, so I'm going to allow 50 syns for the lot of it and hope that covers it. Better be good for the rest of the week...

will update as I eat more during the day

Total syns for the day: 50

Total syns used this week: 50/105

Last edited:
WEEK TWO, DAY TWO

We're under a tornado and flash flood warning today, until about 8pm tonight. I need to go to the grocery but it might not be wise to travel :sigh::eek:
It's vile out there, truly vile, and every 10 minutes or so the severe weather sirens sound outside. American weather freaks me out

Anyway, did I mention I hurt my back? I don't know what I've done, but since Friday my back has been agony. S has tried to massage it for me but I can't bear to even have it touched anymore. I'm currently sat with a hot water bottle against it, which helps but only marginally.

Busy day today. I have my Statistics final tomorrow morning at 8am :argh:, then am working my last shift this semester in the Writing Center between 12 and 2, so I'll have time to kill in the middle but no way of getting anything decent to eat because I'm on campus. Ah well. Anyway, I need to study today and get started on my final paper for my Major Black Writers course, which is due on Friday. And I started * week so I want all this to be accompanied by copious quantities of chocolate, please ;)

BREAKFAST

* Tiny glass of smoothie (banana, strawberry, fat free yoghurt and ice) made by my youngest daughter :)
* Egg custard (as yesterday, except now cold and much nicer)
* Two mugs of hot water

* Large bowl of fresh fruit salad

LUNCH

* Corn on the cob
* Refried Beans
* Spiced boiled rice
* Two mugs of hot water

* Glass of cherry coke zero
* Two small slices of wholegrain bread (2/3 HEB)
* Roast turkey

DINNER

* Two mugs of hot water
* Home made Leek & Potato Soup 2 syns
* Three small slices of wholemeal bread (1 HEB)

* Two mugs of hot water

* Breyers low fat chocolate and caramel ice cream bar (These are SUPER-YUMMY, the best I've had for AGES) 6.5 syns

will update throughout the day as I eat more :p

Syns for the day: 8.5

Syns used this week: 58.5/105

Last edited:
looks like you are doing well Sally :)

Did you find a Trader Joes in the end? I see you got some pasta from there so was just wondering. I love that store. Wholefoods is good too if you have one of those.

Just thought I would mention breads for you for your HEb choices, you can have 57g of any wholewheat bread or a english muffin (57g) needs to be wholewheat or light multigrain. Also you can have Pumpernickel bread (again 57g) or Flax Seed bread (57g).

HEb for cereals, are the same you are probably used to when you were in the UK, but a few extras are 28g of cheerios or 28g of mini wheats (any kind - I love the maple syrup and brown sugar ones, can't believe they are a HEb, but they are ;).

I have seen those Luna bars before at Trader Joes, they do look nice, is a shame we don't have a similar bar like the HiFi bars which we can use as a HEb.

Re: HEa's you can use most varietys of cheese, 28g of the non reduced fat stuff of 42g of the reduced fat stuff or 6 laughing cow lights (I have found these in some stores).

Oh and most supermarkets in the use do a greek yoghurt (fat free one) called Fage, which is a great substitute for quark, also I am sure you already know that the fat free cottage cheese is a free food and great for using to make syn free quiches. (have a look in the recipe section for recipe ideas).

If I think of anything else I will let you know, or feel free to message me if you have any questions.

BritMum, thanks so much :) I had multigrain bread and English muffins in anyway (left over from my WW days, 100 calories each) so I think I'm okay with those. I remembered having Hi-Bran bread in the UK, so I've stuck with the closest thing I can get here.

Sadly, no Trader Joes near here for me--the closest is 2 hours away in Cincinnati but we have family up there so next time we're up that way we'll be calling in. But we have some good friends in Chicago who sent us a Trader Joe's care package a couple of weeks ago. Their flavoured pasta's are incredible, I love them. But we do have a Wholefoods pretty close by--I'll have to pop up there and see what they have in the way of pasta because our local grocery has nothing other than the regular stuff.

I get the Luna bars in our grocery store, they're delicious, but very high in syns so I'm trying not to have them as much. I was very happy to find Laughing Cow Triangles, they're going to be a lifesaver for me, even if they are pricey.

With regards to Greek Yoghurt etc...is there something I can use as a substitute for VLF Fromage Frais? I made egg custard with Greek Yoghurt yesterday and it was a bit...iffy :). Plus, I can't imagine mashing potato with Greek Yoghurt :eek:

Thanks so much again for all your support and nuggets of advice. It is VERY much appreciated :thankyou:

Not sure if you are aware, but stock cubes are free now (obviously gravies are syns). But what I tend to do, is make up some stock with stock cubes and cook my potatoes in that, as it gives them a nice flavour when mashed. Then I sometimes mashed in a couple of laughing cow lights. But generally find they taste fine without.

I also mashed in a raw egg, the heat of the potatoes will cook the potato so don't worry about that part.

re: fromage frais. I have managed to find quark in my local supermarket here, but if you hunt around in little deli's you may find some (especially any European ones, which you occasionally find scattered around), it is a popular ingredients used in cheesecakes etc, so you may be able to find it.

Some info about Quark here:
http://germanfood.about.com/od/preparedfoods/a/quark.htm

WEEK TWO, DAY THREE (Monday, 3rd May 2010)

Busy, busy, busy day today. I've been up since about 5.30am thanks to a Statistics final at 8am. S was a sweetie and made me a quick breakfast and thankfully I'd thought ahead yesterday and made myself a SW quiche to bring down to campus with me--I'm going to be here until I finish work at 2pm and know that there's no way I can survive and study effectively until then unless I have something I can nibble on.

The final wasn't too bad at all, two hours were allocated and I was finished within 20 minutes. I felt vaguely embarrassed getting up and leaving so soon, especially when everyone else was still working, but never mind. Now, I'm perched in my favourite campus coffee shop with a box of chopped quiche and a lemon tea at my side, studying for tomorrow's Major Black Writers exam and working on my final paper for the same class. I need to knuckle down and get some work done...

6.30am

* One small slice of wholegrain toast with a slice of Kraft processed cheese melted on top (1/2 HEA, 1/3 HEB)
* Two mugs of hot water

9.30am

* SW quiche made with: fat free cottage cheese, eggs, chopped peppers, chopped mushrooms, wilted spinach, shopped turkey bacon, chopped turkey (it's yummy)
* Large lemon tea with sweetener

10.30am

* Banana
* Two mugs of hot water

4.30pm

* Two mugs of hot water
* Couscous
* Veggie chilli 2 syns with a bit of grated cheese (1/2 HEA)

8.00pm

* Hershey's Skor Bar (a bit like a Dime bar) 10 syns :sign0007: (In my defence, S bought it for me as a romantic gesture. How could I say no?)

will update throughout the day as I eat more :)

Syns for the day: 12

Syns for the week: 70.5/105

Last edited:
WEEK TWO, DAY FOUR (Tuesday, 4th May, 2010)

Not much to report today other than that I'm tired. I have an exam at 1pm, for which I'm studying frantically, then have to come home and study even more frantically for tomorrow's Latin exam which promises to be a bit of a swine.

Anyway, I'm feeling pretty good and, despite all the carbs, surprisingly unbloated. I must have been doing a good job with the water. And, I've been taking Aloe Vera capsules which REALLY help with *cough* keeping things moving along... I highly recommend them, since I've been taking them my stomach has been so much happier.

7.00am

* Two mugs of hot water
* Banana

10.00am

* Mug of hot water
* Wholegrain English Muffin, toasted (1 HEB)
* Slice of Kraft American cheese (1 HEA)
* Egg, fried in PAM

I'm thinking that I need to do a better job of clawing back some of the syns that I indulged in over the weekend. At this point in the week, I should only have had a maximum of 60 by the end of today and I'm 14.5 syns over where I should be. I suppose it could be worse, but I think I really need to cut back for the rest of the week. No chai latte's for me, then...

11.30am

* Two mugs of hot water
* Fresh blueberries
* Fat free lemon yoghurt
* Syn free egg custard

1.00pm

* Large lemon tea with sweetener

3.30pm

* Pasta
* Sauteed onions, green peppers, sweetcorn, mushrooms and spinach
* 4 Laughing Cow Light Garlic and Herb Triangles (1 HEB)
* Two mugs of hot water

OH MY! The pasta was DELICIOUS and so very simple. I'll definitely be making this again. I used a flavoured pasta--plain, spinach, and tomato. It was a bit pricey but definitely worth it.

6.30pm

* Large diet coke
* Syn free egg custard

9.30pm

* Chickpea chocolate cake 2.5 syns

Syns for the day: 6.5

Syns for the week: 76.5/105

Last edited:
Back