SallyUK losing 20lb

SallyUK

I have my products ready to go and am starting next week when my husband will be away for 10 days. That should allow me to focus, get into the routine and not be around food for a while.

I don't have a lot to lose but I really want it off quick. I also need to step away from food for a while as I am doing more emotional eating lately and have gained about 10lb in the last 6 months.

Removing the choice of what and when to eat will be a bit of a relief.

My main concern is energy levels. I have done VLCDs before and never got past about 10 days as my energy levels just got lower and lower. People said that energy levels go up once in ketosis but I didn't experience that. I'm keen to hear what others have to say about this issue and how to keep energy at a level where I can function.
Thanks everyone!

So I've delayed my start and am instead starting on Wednesday when my husband goes away for 10 days. It's because he will not approve of this diet and so I won't be telling him!...at least not until he comes home. If it has gone well then I can tell him and continue.
Yesterday I had a shake for breakfast and lunch and then a normal dinner. Today will be similar and then tomorrow I can get stuck in with total solution.

Day 2 of shakes only and no dramas so far. Yes I'm hungry but I expected that. Happily I lost weight in the 2 days before my Day 1 so I'm already about 4 or 5 lbs down.
I really hope I go into ketosis and stop feeling hungry tomorrow. I have ketostix so can check.

Starting day 6 today. Including the 2 days before starting when I cut down on food, I'm 10lb down. That's pretty amazing considering I'm not even overweight at 10 stone 3lb (now).
I felt less hungry after day 3. I'll do a check with ketostix today.
I've been doing shakes only, made with hot water and powdered psyllium to make a lovely thick hot drink in a huge mug. For the past 3 days I've also had a pack of shiritaki noodles in the evening to stave off hunger and keep my bowels moving.
I'm feeling quite amazed and encouraged!

Starting day 6 today. Including the 2 days before starting when I cut down on food, I'm 10lb down. That's pretty amazing considering I'm not even overweight at 10 stone 3lb (now).
I felt less hungry after day 3. I'll do a check with ketostix today.
I've been doing shakes only, made with hot water and powdered psyllium to make a lovely thick hot drink in a huge mug. For the past 3 days I've also had a pack of shiritaki noodles in the evening to stave off hunger and keep my bowels moving.
I'm feeling quite amazed and encouraged!

What an amazing start:)

So I did 10 days of total solution and lost 13lb. I'm well pleased. When hubby came home he didn't seem to notice but he mentioned it today. I'm seeing that as a positive: he sees ME before he sees the weight. I hadn't told him I was doing it so I shouldn't expect much.
So I did another 3 days of shakes plus one meal to stabilise and now going onto sensible eating.
By the time my weight has stabilised I'll be about 10lbs down, and I'm planning to keep it off then do the same again for the last 10lb in early December.
I'm so pleased with how my clothes fit again and I'm feeling good. I'm glad it was a short stint as I don't feel the need to eat everything in sight now.
I'll continue in December.
Keep it up everyone and thanks for your support! Xx

So I did 10 days of total solution and lost 13lb. I'm well pleased. When hubby came home he didn't seem to notice but he mentioned it today. I'm seeing that as a positive: he sees ME before he sees the weight. I hadn't told him I was doing it so I shouldn't expect much.
So I did another 3 days of shakes plus one meal to stabilise and now going onto sensible eating.
By the time my weight has stabilised I'll be about 10lbs down, and I'm planning to keep it off then do the same again for the last 10lb in early December.
I'm so pleased with how my clothes fit again and I'm feeling good. I'm glad it was a short stint as I don't feel the need to eat everything in sight now.
I'll continue in December.
Keep it up everyone and thanks for your support! Xx

I'm back on it! December didn't work out: I thought hubby was going away on business and I could do it then for a couple of weeks, but his trip was cancelled, then it was Xmas and it felt more sensible to do it in January. So here I am about to start day 6.
I did gain back some of the weight I lost in October but mostly over a short period of time at Xmas. Up till then I was maintaining ok. So I'm quite confident that I'm able to maintain. I follow the Autoimmune Paleo Protocol for maintenance and good health.

I want to do exante because for me losing weight really only happens when I restrict my eating to a level that makes me feel hungry and/or low in energy. And I'd rather have that experience of putting in the effort and feeling hungry for 2-3 weeks than 2-3 months.

I'm doing just shakes as it takes the eating out of the equation, I like them and I wanted a gluten free option. There are some great flavours too.

I like to have my shakes hot and thick. I get a giant mug and fill about 80% full with boiling water, I let it rest for a minute or so to cool down slightly and warm the mug up. Meanwhile I open the shake sachet and add a tsp of psyllium powder (it's called Colon Care in Holland and Barrett), which thickens it up and is good for the intestinal tract.
I shake the sachet a bit to mix the psyllium powder in to avoid lumps, then I add it to my jug blender, pour the water in from my mug and whizz it. Back into the warm mug after.

If I'm at work I just half fill my giant mug with hot water, add the sachet with psyllium and whizz with a stick blender. Once it's blended I then top up with more water.

I got a 4 week gluten free variety pack so I have enough to reach target.

My target is 9 1/2 stone. I started this time at 11 stone and was down to 10 st 5lb yesterday. I weigh every morning for encouragement as I see the numbers change.

I do allow myself some shiritaki noodles with Frenchs yellow mystard. It's very low in calories and gives me something hot to eat if I need it. Also I allow myself raw carrot. Up to 2 of each of those, but I usually don't need it.

I drink green tea and water, I try to avoid coffee as it can give me the jitters.

So all is good so far. I'm hoping this will only take another 2 weeks. My hubby is starting his more conventional diet today. Although he doesn't approve of my diet method we don't tell each other what to do. I gave him plenty of warning that I am doing this and that for the time I'm on it I won't be getting involved with food in the kitchen. It's an opportunity for him to be a bit more in control of managing the fridge/freezer/meal planning and prep which I usually do most of even though he is capable.

As I mentioned, my usual way of healthy eating (only for the last few months) involves cooking and preparing all of my food from scratch with basic non processed ingredients. That takes quite a lot of time to do properly and deliciously so I'm quite enjoying the benefit of having the extra time in my day on this diet.

I'm doing just gentle exercise for now: walking, yoga, Pilates. I'll go back to weight training after exante. Although from past experience I know it can take up to a week of eating normal food again for my strength to come back so I will be patient until the end of my first week transitioning back to real food.

Making a plan for the end of exante is really important.

1 week down and 12lb off. I'm happy with that.

I did struggle on Sunday and had a few nibbles of low calorie foods. But I was straight back on it Monday and I'm back into it today (Tuesday).

I have decided to avoid all foods. I was allowing myself some shiritaki noodles (virtually zero calories) and raw carrot to ease the evening hunger pangs. But it kind of defeats the object of doing Total Solution, which for me is the fact that I don't have to think about eating food at all, so there are no decisions to be made whilst I'm in a state of hunger.

So last night I had a 4th shake instead of food. It only took my hunger away for half an hour so I don't think it really helped much.
Probably best just to knuckle down with 3 shakes a day and just get through it. I should be done in 2 more weeks and I'll feel disappointed if I let myself down.

Another 9lb to target weight so it's likely to take me at least 2 weeks if I stick to it 100%.
I will reassess in 2 weeks time how to progress.
I'd rather get it all off (the weight) in one fell swoop than fanny around with cheating and restarting. That is a habit that I don't want to form. I only want to do this diet this one last time. No more yo yo-ing for me!!

Back