1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

Red Day Salmon Florentine - can do with Chicken too

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by Pommette, 4 June 2011 Social URL.

1. Pommette

Pommette Trying - very!

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    SW (on my own with help from friends on Minis)
    Salmon Florentine

Place loads and loads of spinach in the bottom of a deep oven proof dish, place a skinless piece of salmon fillet on top. No need to cook the spinach before you put it in the dish. It wilts beautifully in the oven whilst cooking.

Make a light cheese sauce - milk from ration (or syn it), 1 oz full fat cheddar (or 42g of reduced fat cheddar [HexA], and about 1 oz flour to thicken (my book reckons an oz is about 4 syns). Pour the sauce over the salmon and spinach.

Cook in an oven at 180c (fan oven) or 200c (normal) for 15-25 minutes.
    15 minutes if you like your salmon pretty raw like I do or 25 minutes if you like it falling apart.

Serve with whatever takes your fancy - I usually have a jacket spud (HexB) and some additional veg (I love it with lightly steamed asparagus). Hey presto, a meal without too much hassle and very tasty.

Chicken Florentine
    You can also do it with a filleted chicken breast too and it is just as good. I'm sure there is also other fish/meat you could it with but I love these two.

Eggs Florentine (Green day)
    You can also do it with eggs - egg florentine is a classic recipe! Just break the raw eggs onto the spinach (don't add the sauce yet) and cook in the oven for about 10-15 minutes. Just serve with the cheesy sauce poured over (classic recipe is supposed to be hollandais sauce but this has far too many syns).

PS - If you don't want to put the oven on just steam some spinach, top with a poached egg and pour the sauce over.
    Last edited: 25 January 2012
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.