Salt and Pepper

Discussion in 'Cambridge Diet 100% Posts!' started by Catty212, 4 March 2009 Social URL.

1. Catty212

Catty212 Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    It might sound a bit silly but am I ok to have salt and pepper in my soup? I have been having a lot of pepper in my vegetable soup for the past few days and wondered if this would cause any problems?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. edibeedee

edibeedee Optifast Girl!

Diet:
    Optifast
    maybe not the salt as it will retain water in your body. Pepper is fine.

4. Catty212

Catty212 Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Oh good. Its the pepper I need really, loads of pepper in my soups actually make them enjoyable :)

5. Rayven

Rayven Addicted to Minimins!

Start Weight:
    18st9lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.15%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Yeah, salt is a big no-no because it makes you retain fluid but pepper is a big thumbs up so pepper away! lol

6. Slimoncemore

Slimoncemore Wants to be slim!

Start Weight:
    15st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st0lb(19.44%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hi, I bought an Atkins carb guide and keep it in my bag for any emergency occasions when I may have no option but to eat so I can limit the damage as much as possible.

It says in the book that 1 teaspoon of white pepper has 1.4g of carbs (0.9g net carbs) and 1 teaspoon of black pepper has 1.3g of carbs (0.8g net carbs) - I believe it is the net carbs that are the important figures to count.

I can't imagine that it would make too much difference going on those figures would you?

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.