Saltdog's Magic Shrinking Formula

Saltdog

Hi folks,

Welcome to the first page of my diary. I'm one week in to a Slimming World healthy eating plan and one day member of this forum. I intend to keep this diary weekly and to reply to any messages as and when.

For week one, I have lost 3lbs. This is with falling off the plan serverely due to essential partying! It was my staff Christmas night out and it only happens once a year so I just decided to put the diet blinkers on for the night. I had a great night and got straight back in to food optimising the next day. Luckily not too much harm done (except to my head!!).

Please feel free to write to me or comment and I promise to get back to you.

Happy slimming!!

Kev

Good morning folks.

I had a good week last week and lost 4lbs at my weigh-in this morning. Very pleased with the results and looking forward to another successful week. If I'm completely honest with myself I could have been stricter over the last week but that's only because of Christmas leftover goodies. All gone now though so it should be a full week of optimising now.

Because of my large gain (7lbs) over Christmas and New Year, I'm still 1lb over my starting weight. I don't really feel disappointed though. It almost feels like I started a new diet for a New Year and this is week one. I don't intend to do that again though. I'll more than likely gain again next Christmas but I'll be down so much by then that it'll just be a minor blip.

I'm looking forward to another episode of The Biggest Loser tonight. For anyone who doesn't watch it, I thoroughly recommend it. It's very inspirational and gives you a good kick in the bum to get going.

Good luck to everyone on their individual weight loss and I'll try and post again soon.

Kev

Thanks for the response Patsy. The support on here is fantastic. It just seems so much more sincere when it's not coming from a personal trainer with a 6 pack!! I read a great quote today that said, 'I like my 6 pack so much I decided to protect it with a layer of fat!' It made me giggle anyway.

Hey Kev I really think the attitude you have taken of new year new diet is amazing. Sounds like you are in a good head space to really get it down. I also love the quote about the 6 pack made me chuckle lol. You may notice you have a really big loss this week as you get back into it. I gained 6lbs over my xmas dinner weekend but took it all off the next week much to my shock. just goes to show the plan works. Good luck with the rest of ur week.

Hey Kev I really think the attitude you have taken of new year new diet is amazing. Sounds like you are in a good head space to really get it down. I also love the quote about the 6 pack made me chuckle lol. You may notice you have a really big loss this week as you get back into it. I gained 6lbs over my xmas dinner weekend but took it all off the next week much to my shock. just goes to show the plan works. Good luck with the rest of ur week.
Thank you for your kind words Bubblensqueak. It's always lovely to get such amazing support and encouragement. It's also good to hear that I wasn't the only one who was a bit naughty over Christmas. I think I'm going to take the attitude that if I don't gain weight at Christmas, I'm not doing it right!! Lol.

Well done on your weight loss so far too. You're doing brilliantly by the looks of things. Good luck for the rest of your journey.

Kev

Fantastic attitude and fantastic loss this week, well done :D
Thank you for your kind response EmmyR1984. I see you're just starting on your journey too. I wish you the best of luck on it. When are you off to Turkey. I was there last year and it was absolutely stunning. If there weren't so many other places in the world to visit, I would go back in a minute.

Kev

Thank you for your kind response EmmyR1984. I see you're just starting on your journey too. I wish you the best of luck on it. When are you off to Turkey. I was there last year and it was absolutely stunning. If there weren't so many other places in the world to visit, I would go back in a minute.

Kev

We fly out on the 7th of June, so I've figured out I have about 18 weeks, which gives me a couple of weeks for clothes shopping lol

Where did you go in turkey? We went to marmaris in 2009, but this time we're trying dalyan :D

Where did you go in turkey? We went to marmaris in 2009, but this time we're trying dalyan :D
We went to Belek to a lovely all inclusive resort. Did a couple of excursions though. It was July we were there and it was HOT!

Best of luck over the next 18 weeks!

I love Turkey its awesome. We tend to go there for our family holidays. I got engaged in Marmaris. We are heading back to Marmaris in Aug for 2 weeks.

We were thinking of heading somewhere in the summer but can't decide where. Been looking for somewhere that has excellent pool facilities for the wee man but isn't too hot for him. He's gotten well in to his swimming over the last year and has no fear at all! Lol. The hotel we stayed in when we were in Belek was attached to Troy Waterpark and Dolphinarium which was amazing but summer in Turkey is just too hot us blue-skinned Scottish people.

Any ideas would be most appreciated.:sign0163:

What about Portaventura in Spain? They have a hotel that's connected to their water park I think :D

Just searched on Thomas Cook and it's Hotel Caribe.

But Thomson have some fab waterpark hotels which might be worth a look too

Thanks Emmy, I'll be sure to look them up.

Also :D If you search on the First Choice website for where you want to go, down the left hand side of the results you should have an option for Splash Hotels - these seem to be ones that are attached to a waterpark or you get free entry to one :D And all First Choice hotels are all inclusive now as well

Yeah, I was just home for lunch and had a look at the First Choice Splash Hotels. I think that might just be the way to go. Thanks for the advice Emmy!

Yay, that was my 50th post! Now I should have a few more priveledges on here!!

Thanks for the response Patsy. The support on here is fantastic. It just seems so much more sincere when it's not coming from a personal trainer with a 6 pack!! I read a great quote today that said, 'I like my 6 pack so much I decided to protect it with a layer of fat!' It made me giggle anyway.

Hi Kev

Love the 6 pack quote and your attitude. Good luck with your journey.

Yeah, I was just home for lunch and had a look at the First Choice Splash Hotels. I think that might just be the way to go. Thanks for the advice Emmy!

You're more than welcome, and I'd definitely recommend trip advisor too as you can generally see a lot more pictures of the hotel too :D

Well done on the 50th post too ;)

You're more than welcome, and I'd definitely recommend trip advisor too as you can generally see a lot more pictures of the hotel too :D

Well done on the 50th post too ;)
Thanks again Emmy. I'm already a great follower of Trip Advisor and use it on all my holidays. I'll maybe have a proper look tonight. :character00255:

Back