Breakfast
Usual

Lunch
Cheese and Tomato Omelette
Mullerlight

Dinner
SW tomato and basil risotto with a couple of slices of roast gammon

Syns for the day: 2 :)

Watched the latest episode of The Biggest Loser last night too. Have to say I was quite disappointed in most of them there. I'm losing more on SW with very little exercise than those people are with 3 intense exercise sessions a day under the supervision of some of the country's best personal trainers and an eating plan designed by a professional dietician. Under those circumstances how can someone only lose 1 pound?!? It beggars belief. I would love to have the opportunity those people have and to see some of them not put their heart in to it makes me quite angry. Don't they know how lucky they are?

Rant over. That is all. Lol. ;)

I haven't been watching it as my fiance tends to have the tv for the xbox and we haven't got an aerial upstairs. It's daft that they'd throw an opportunity like this away, and it must be mortifying to have their weigh ins and have only lost that much :eek:

Hmm Emmy, I think I'm going to need to get some advice from your fiance. I have a PS3 but I don't get to play it on the main TV unless my girlfriend is out! What's his secret? I hope you're not too soft on him? Lol

I had another good day of optimising yesterday:

Breakfast
Usual (I'm very predictable and incredibly lacking inspiration first thing in the morning)

Lunch
Jacket Potato with Baked Beans and 45g Reduced Fat Cheddar (HexA)

Dinner
SW pasta carbonara (a bit dry to be honest - not nearly as nice as the Philidelphia recipe but probably more healthy!)

Supper
2 x McVities Chocolate Chip Digestives (Can't find them on the Syns online but they can't be more than the chocolate digestives so I'll count them as 4 Syns each!)
Mullerlight

Syns for the day: 10

I can feel motivation slipping a bit this week as if I'm getting a bit complacent with Slimming World or even a bit cocky if I'm honest. Because I'm finding it so easy to follow and am still losing weight, I think I might be in danger of slipping. I don't want that to happen so I need to get back in to the right mindset quickly before I do any damage.

I don't know if I'm just being daft but during the last two weeks, I 'felt' like I was losing weight. This week, not so much. There's no reason why I shouldn't be as I've not slipped from the plan but it's just a feeling I have inside. Methinks a mid-week weigh in tomorrow morning is required in order to check. Naughty but it helps me plan my weekend better.

I hope everyone else is having a good day so far.

Kev

Found you and you are now subscribed :D Now... i'm off for a nosey :)
x
Feel free to nosey Katie. All support and encouragement gratefully accepted.

Kev X

Don't slip up :D Keep thinking about that holiday you mentioned earlier on in your diary

Nope, not too soft on him. It just means I get to watch Gilmore Girls upstairs in peace without him moaning about the plot or the script :8855:

Don't slip up :D Keep thinking about that holiday you mentioned earlier on in your diary

Nope, not too soft on him. It just means I get to watch Gilmore Girls upstairs in peace without him moaning about the plot or the script :8855:
I'll do my best not to slip up Emily. Thanks for the encouragement. I've given myself an extra mini-goal to try and boost me a little. I think it may be very far fetched to keep the weight loss going quick enough for it but it'll be something to aim for. Aim for the stars and you maybe you'll reach the sky!

God, Gilmore Girls. That brings me back. I used to watch that with my ex. Is it still running or are you watching old episodes? The old fashioned rocker in me used to love the fact that Sebastian Bach from Skid Row was the guitarist in the band! He was a great singer but had obviously beefed up a bit since he sang for Skid Row. Ah........ memories. :rolleyes:

I love that saying :D

Yeah, it's old episodes, I have all 7 series on dvd and this is the 3rd time I've watched them all the way through :eek: I've just had to google who Skid Row were, but I know who you mean now - Gil, the older guy who joins Lane's band :D They still do reruns of it on E4 in the daytime, got hooked on it last year lol

I love that saying :D

Yeah, it's old episodes, I have all 7 series on dvd and this is the 3rd time I've watched them all the way through :eek: I've just had to google who Skid Row were, but I know who you mean now - Gil, the older guy who joins Lane's band :D They still do reruns of it on E4 in the daytime, got hooked on it last year lol
That's right! His name was Gil. I met him once in a record shop in Nottingham. Still got a signed record somewhere in the house. I don't really listen to much music like that any more but it was a fun period of my life. Rock concerts and festivals. I did a lot of travel back then with work and got to as many gigs as I could. Skid Row were live at Donnington Monsters of Rock in 1995. I've certainly settled down a bit since then :angeldevil: but when I'm having an off day, I still pick up the old guitar, crank it up to 11 and make some noise!!

WTG with the loss you're doing so well try not to get complacent though as I know that's where I go wrong.

Hope you're having a good day.
Thank you very much for your encouragement Patsy. I'm trying to remain focused on my goals. Saying that though, I know it's wrong but I promised my girlfriend we would have an Indian tonight. I'll optimise it as best as I can but I think that's my Syns going to be all but used up for the rest of the week. Still, I'll be sure not to have one next week! Lol.

How are you feeling today Patsy? Hope you're doing well and getting yourself back in to the right mindset?

Kev X

You could have chicken bites with salad and rice :D

Just spotted your quote in your siggy - love it
Well, of course I could have had chicken bites with salad and that would have proven that I was a very strong-willed person who was single mindedly focused on the task of losing weight. Unfortunately though, that isn't quite me. I slipped but it was only for one meal and I can live with that and not feel too guilty. If I gain next Tuesday, I'll know why.

My meals for Thursday 19th:

Breakfast
Toast (HexB) with Flora Light (2 Syns), Banana & Mullerlight

Lunch
Open omelette with cheese (HexA), ham and red jalepenos
Apple

Dinner
Bombay Sweet Chilli (1,000,000 Syns)
Pilau Rice (1,000 Syns)
Half a Peswari Naan (10,000 Syns)

Syns for the day: 1,011,002

Seriously though, the naan bread will be the worst of what I had last night. The Bombay Sweet Chilli is very much a tomato based dish and not creamy at all. Pilau rice can't be that bad either surely? Fingers crossed it won't have affected me too much.

I did have a cheeky mid-week WI this morning and I've maintained the same weight. I'll just make sure I work 100% over the weekend and do my best to stay fairly active. Got a few heavy jobs about the house so that should burn a few calories. Fingers crossed I get a decent loss on Tuesday.

I hope everyone else is having a good day so far. :)

Your indian sounded lovely :D And I don't blame you for your choices, sounds so much more yummy than chicken bites and salad lol. Don't beat yourself up about it, I bet you're back on plan again today and that's a good thing x

Another weekend over and another week begun. Once again I never managed to get on over the weekend. I think I did ok as far as my diet goes though. I had one can of beer on Friday night (8 Syns) and a glass of wine last night (8.5 Syns). I haven't been eating many sins at all over the weekend though so I don't think I will have done too much damage.

I've also been clearing out my garage so hopefully that will have added to my calorie burn on top of my dog walking. I'm getting to the stage now though where I feel like I want to exercise that bit more. I'm trying to decide what kind of exercise to do. I have Wii Fit Plus, EA Active 2 and a DVD box set called Insanity. The order I've written them down is basically the order of intensity from easiest to hardest. Insanity scares me a bit but I know I'll lose weight on it like no other exercise programme. I feel as though anything less would be cheating myself. I tried it before when I first bought it and I let myself stop because it was difficult. I've never really forgiven myself for that. I would like to think that I could give it another go though and get past that barrier. The other two will work I'm sure but would it just be taking the easy options? Will I always feel as though I should be doing more?

I don't think the other two would be taking the easy option. The way you could look at it is that you're building your strength to be able to do the higher intensity one? I know I've bought fitness dvds in the past, not been able to do it and completely lost interest and not used them again, and you don't want to do that :) x

I don't think the other two would be taking the easy option. The way you could look at it is that you're building your strength to be able to do the higher intensity one? I know I've bought fitness dvds in the past, not been able to do it and completely lost interest and not used them again, and you don't want to do that :) x
That sounds like very sensible advice Em. I think that's the way I might go indeed. Starting tonight!! :character00116: Insanity is just beyond me at the moment if I'm completely honest. The last time I tried it, I put in the first of the 10 DVD's and did what I would consider one of the hardest workouts I have ever done over about a 15 minute period. When the instructer then said that we'd just finished the warm-up, I thought I was going to die! I swear, if I ever do manage to get all the way through it I expect amazing results.

Well, a 1lb gain this morning. :cry:I'm quite annoyed about it but it's also not the end of the world. It was definitely complacency that did for me this week. I felt I was bullet proof and the odd treat at the weekend couldn't hurt me. That would be true if it were only one or two small treats but after WI this morning I actually thought about what I'd done over the last week and realised I'd been a very naughty boy on the whole. Firstly, the Indian on Thursday probably wasn't the bst idea. Over the weekend my girlfriend decided to try out making whoopie pies for the first time. It would have been rude not to sample her efforts :D. I also had a couple of cans of beer and half a bottle of wine over the course of the weekend. So, lesson learned, I have to be a bit stricter with myself. Especially at weekends.

On a more positive note, I managed to stay more on plan yesterday. Here's my daily menu:

Breakfast
2 slices of wholemeal toast (HexB) with Flora Light (2 Syns)
Mullerlight
Banana

Lunch
Jacket Potato with left over SW chilli con carne from previous night topped with 45g reduced fat cheddar (HexA)
Apple

Dinner
SW Chicken Teriyaki (2 Syns)
Egg Fried Rice
Sugar snap Peas
Frozen Toffee Mullerlight for dessert

Total Syns for the day: 4

For those who are interested, the SW Chicken Teriyaki recipe on their website is lovely. Definitely a keeper.

Someone may correct me but to me, that menu looks ok for Extra Easy. I think as long as I can eat similarly for the rest of this week I might see better results next Tuesday. Fingers crossed anyway.

Back