Saltdog's Magic Shrinking Formula

Love the attitude to the gain, and really it's only to be expected with all the celebrating you've HAD to do. It'll soon go now you're back on plan. :)
Thank you for the support Patsy. I don't see any point in getting depressed about my gain. I know it was completely self inflicted and it came as absolutely no shock to me. I'm annoyed about having to lose it all over again though. The one thing I do take comfort in is that I was definitely taking things to excess over the last few weeks. It's not lilke I just went to living off plan. From where I was, I couldn't even see the plan! It wasn't big and it wasn't clever but it was a massive life changing time for me and I enjoyed the celebration of that fact. I've done the damage now and it's out of my system so it's time to get back to the real world and get back on plan. After all, I'm still 9lbs down on my start weight. As long as I keep the steps forward larger than the steps back, I'll still get where I want to go.

XX

exactly what the lovely Patsy said... you know you can do it, you know what you need to do, and we're here rooting for you ...even if we have to do it via facebook in time! :bighug: xx
Thank you for your lovely support as ever piX. It always helps to know that someone has my back (now all I need is someone to take my belly!! Lol).

I do feel as though I'm not giving you much of a challenge though. I did promise to catch you up and make you work harder to keep ahead of me. I guess it's just the gentleman in me giving the lady in you a fearsome head start! I'll really need to work at it now. I love a good challenge! Mind you, in hoping to catch up with you, I'm almost willing you to lose less. Nothing could be farther from the truth. I want you to succeed and will support you every step. I could just do with a couple of even bigger losses over the coming weeks though. :rolleyes:

XX

yep, we're all here, whether it's via minimins or facebook.

would food planning help you to keep on track? knowing what you were going to have etc?

hope wi isn't too bad this week, am sure you can soon get rid of some of that gain xx
I'm sure I'll be able to get minimins if I can get facebook. I'll find some way to stay in touch I'm sure. There could definitely be a risk of eating too well while I'm offshore as I won't have much control over meal selection. I will do my best to stick to plan though and will definitely be exercising a lot more.

I've never been very good at food planning. I always just eat what I feel like at the time (within plan of course). I generally keep the basics in the fridge/cupboard all the time to allow me to have as much variety as possible. Obviously food planning is better for more than just weight loss. It also cuts down on food wastage. I've just never been very good at it. Breakfast and lunch are very easy because I don't really vary much at all. Dinner is the problem though. I suppose it wouldn't hurt trying to plan a bit more in advance. It's Tesco night tonight so I'll give it a go.

I hope WI isn't too bad this week too. I have a very positive feeling with the week so far though so I'm hoping for a good one. My goal, even though I haven't put it on my sig, is to lose the half stone quicker than I put it on. I know that's not going to be easy but I want to get back to where I was with the minimum amount of delay. So, by Friday the 29th April I intend to be 16 stone 5lbs. Don't let me forget it either. I have a new found determination to do well.

XX

You and me both!Mines going the wrong way, thanks to an unspecified amount of wine over the last week?Back to it though.
Yup, wine played a big part in my gain over the last few weeks too. Damn Virgin wines and their regular Discovery cases! Oh and while I'm at it, damn Jack Daniels and his Tenesee Whiskey too. Lol. In all honesty, the food never helped either. There's no point in pretending I took any notice of any plans in the last few weeks. It's a new week though and I find myself feeling a lot more determined than I've been in long time. Even though I really only started back on plan today, I'm still hoping for a good loss at Friday's WI.

I'm thinking of starting my own push-up challenge tonight by the way. Been speaking to a guy at work who's doing it along with a squat challenge and reckons he's seeing amazing results. Might as well give it a go. I'll probably even post the results on my sig.

Oh push-up challenge. My challenge would be to do one, a full one I mean. I can do the from the knee ones but real ones are tough. :)
The challenge is to do 100 at one time. It's an app I have on my iPhone. Firstly I have to do as many as I can at the moment and enter that figure in to the app. The app will then calculate my training programme to get to 100 as fast as possible. I'll do the initial test tonight and then take it from there. It's been a while since I tried but I reckon I could probably hit 15 in one go at the moment. Any less and I will be very disappointed in myself. X

It's just called 100 Pushups. I've not started it tonight after all cos I spent a couple of hours digging my foundations in the garden and my arms are like jelly. I downloaded a 200 squat app tonight too. Could be painful!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Things aren't going very well on the job front at the moment. I'm a little bit in limbo as my new employers keep telling me to hold off on my resignation until they can get copies of this thing and that thing. They never seem to ask for everything all at once. I'm getting really paranoid that this opportunity is going to slip through my fingers even though I've really set my heart on it now.

The first thing they asked for before I resigned was my offshore medical. Well, I passed that last week. Then they asked for copies of my seagoing certificates. I sent them all that. Now, they're asking me to revalidate my segoing certificates because they expire next month. I wouldn't mind so much but in order to revalidate my main certificate I need to get yet another medical with the doctor who was so hard on me last time! I've booked it for next Tuesday and I'm more than just a little bit worried!!

I know this probably is the wrong thing to ask people who are following healthy diet plans but how much weight is it really feasable to lose in one week? I'm not talking about anything dangerous or silly but I would love it if someone could steer me in the direction of a quick fix. Isn't there something with SW which works quicker? Any advice anyone can offer will be most appreciated.

Cheers,

Kev

Purple Patsy said:
You could try Success Express. Very similar to EE but 2/3 of your plate is superfree (not 1/3) and any syns are logged at the HIGHEST rate for Red or Green. Your allowed 2 of each HE's though. I tried it and lost 5 lb in 1 wk which is unheard of for me. But it's quite tough. :) I can send you stuff by PM if you like. :)

That sounds the very thing Patsy. I'm not sure how I'll manage with that much veg (I'm a bit of a carnivore) but 5lbs would be a great boost. Did you do more exercise along with it to get such a great loss? X

That sounds the very thing Patsy. I'm not sure how I'll manage with that much veg (I'm a bit of a carnivore) but 5lbs would be a great boost. Did you do more exercise along with it to get such a great loss? X

No didn't get round to exercise at all well no more than usual, except I had a couple of short walks cos it was the really nice weather week as I recall. Do you want the stuff by PM?

Purple Patsy said:
No didn't get round to exercise at all well no more than usual, except I had a couple of short walks cos it was the really nice weather week as I recall. Do you want the stuff by PM?

That'd be absolutely great Patsy. Ta muchly in advance.

They were sent to me in odd order so I'll just pass then on as I got them. :)
Good morning Patsy. I trust you are well today? Thank you very much for sending the information on Success Express. Unfortunately, when I try to click on the links, it takes me to an album which is password locked. I'm sure I'll be able to stick to the principals though. It sounds easy enough.

I feel strangely invigorated today for some reason. Does anyone else have those days where you just feel like you're succeeding? Today is one of those days for me. It feels good and I hope it sticks. I had a cheeky stand on the scale this morning and I'm fairly convinced something made the reading wrong. It showed a 4lb loss since Saturday!!! Now I know I want to lose weight quickly this week but I had to check I had all my appendages after seeing that loss!! Lol. I never recorded it anywhere. Friday is WI day so I'm just going to be patient until then.

I started my push up challenge last night. Turns out I can't do as many as I thought. I managed 10 without pushing it too much so I think I'll use that as my base number and work the program from there. I don't really expect it to assist me in my weight loss by much but it is a bit of fun.

My new employer should be giving me a ring today since they didn't yesterday. I just need a few answers really. I don't want to be messed around and need to know where I stand. I very much got the impression from the interview that they were looking for someone as quickly as possible. Well, the Offshore Installation Manager said that to me at least. He also criticised the HR team for taking so long to go about trying to recruit someone. As it's the HR team I'm dealing with again now, I don't hold out too much hope of a rapid resolution.

Interstingly, I was looking through my GF's bumpf she got when she started Scottish Slimmers. For those of you not familiar with the program, it's very similar to Weight Watchers. As a rough figure, 25 calories on SS is worth 1 check. I looked up my weight and daily allowance of checks and it looks as though I'd get 65 checks a day. Now, I don't feel deprived at all on SW but 65 checks on SS is an awful lot of food. I counted up my breakfast this morning (2 slices of wholemeal toast, flora light, mullerlight, banana, glass of water) and it only came to 7 checks!! What I considered a fairly substantial breakfast was next to nothing on SS. God knows how I could eat 65 checks a day!! After my medical next week, I might even give SS a go to see if I can still lose weight on it. Could be interesting.

Hi Kev :)

Glad you are feeling good about the diet, i love days where I wake up feeling like that, and well done for not recording the weight down, who knows, it could be a little more by friday! :D Well done on the loss though!

Hope you get the job front sorted soon

Wow thats a lot of checks if it is similar to WW, most people I know are on 30-40points per day! :)

Katie xx

Hi Kev :)

Glad you are feeling good about the diet, i love days where I wake up feeling like that, and well done for not recording the weight down, who knows, it could be a little more by friday! :D Well done on the loss though!

Hope you get the job front sorted soon

Wow thats a lot of checks if it is similar to WW, most people I know are on 30-40points per day! :)

Katie xx
Thanks for the reply Katie. I'm trying to remain positive about everything at the moment cos I'm fairly sure I've been a grumpy sod recently and needed to sort myself out. Definitely got up on the right side of the bed this morning so it's a good start.

When I initially went on WW I was on 175 points a week giving me 25 a day. Since they changed to pro-points they've pretty much doubled haven't they? I'm going to look in to SS more but it sounds like I'll be eating too much so far. Most of the meals I saw in my GF's book were about 25 checks so it might not work out all that much. Anything's worth a try though. Not that I'm not finding SW ok but it doesn't hurt to shop around. X

Thanks for the reply Katie. I'm trying to remain positive about everything at the moment cos I'm fairly sure I've been a grumpy sod recently and needed to sort myself out. Definitely got up on the right side of the bed this morning so it's a good start.

When I initially went on WW I was on 175 points a week giving me 25 a day. Since they changed to pro-points they've pretty much doubled haven't they? I'm going to look in to SS more but it sounds like I'll be eating too much so far. Most of the meals I saw in my GF's book were about 25 checks so it might not work out all that much. Anything's worth a try though. Not that I'm not finding SW ok but it doesn't hurt to shop around. X

Its always good to have a positive day :D I'm much the same today, organised and getting uni work done :D

Yeah the pro points you get quite a few now, definitely don't blame you looking into SS. I've been considering WW now for a little while as I think the portion control would help me as I tend to really fill my plate! But just going to cut down on portions for a few weeks see if that helps.

Make sure you keep us filled in on the job situ :D Sure i'm not the only one rooting for you to get it sorted soon!
xx

Back