Saltdog's Magic Shrinking Formula

Arctic-BNG said:
Good one starting the pressups! Get the one for situps as well, that does show the results! Flatter stomach! Won't go so far as a six pack yet but I noticed a difference after 5 weeks.

Good advice Steve! That's me downloaded the app. I'm gonna go for the base figure tonight.

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I've had another go at sending the SE stuff. Sound like you're doing OK without it though. :)
Thanks Patsy. I'm going to WI tomorrow morning after sticking to EE since Monday. If I don't think it's coming off fast enough I'm going to give SE a try to shift more by my medical on Tuesday. It all looks to have worked this time. You're a star! X

Well, I just handed in my notice!! :D 6 weeks to work with any luck. I guess I better see about getting a bunch of my loose ends tied up. I don't want to hand over a mess. I've not had an official start date from the new company yet but I'm taknig a chance and going with my instincts a bit. I did speak to them yesterday and they reassured me that the job was still fine but they still needed me to revalidate my certificates. As that is just a formality as far as I'm concerned I'm confident enough to resign. Yay me!!

I started my 100 push ups challenge last night. The app got me to do 25 (not all at once though) and it felt ok. Feel it slightly this morning but not too badly. I also did the initial reference test for the 200 sit-up challenge which I will start properly tonight. It was crunches instead of sit-ups the app suggested but I'm not convinced I'm getting my shoulders far enough off the ground. Think I might need to support my feet a bit more. I can feel it in my stomach when I'm doing them but when I look in the mirror I don't seem to be very far off the ground. Any sit-up experts out there who can advise?

I do crunches, knees bent, feet flat on floor, toes under the edge of the bed, (divan one) hands on thighs, touch knees, this seems to be about right for me.
That sounds like it would work. I just wasn't sure whether putting my feet under something would be cheating. I'll give that a try tonight. Cheers!!

Sounds like you're doing brilliantly with the exercise and the EE days :D Loving the positivity and determination

When is official wi day? Hope you get a fab result as you've been working so hard

hello lovely ! so pleased to see you all fired up and feeling positive ....keeping everything crossed for a good WI today xx

good on you for going with your instincts about the job too - at least it will give you focus on finishing up everything in your current job. ITs amazing how much you find you need to do and how quickly the time seems to pass.

I m really interested in the success express thing too. Im not online or at a group so everything I learn about SW is from here! I'll need to rumamge and see if it will get me kickstarted again

will pop back later for the WI results ! xxx

Well, what can I say? Very, very chuffed with the results of my WI today! 4lbs off is a massive boost to my confidence. Especially since I only really went back on SW on Monday. Last weekend was the dying embers of my 3 weeks of celebratory excesses!! It feels so good to be back on track. I feel confident enough to approach the evil doctor on Tuesday now. Plus, I have 5 more days of 100% to get the rest of my gain off. Saying that, I'm still 1lb away from getting my 1 stone shiney back!! I'll be needing that if I'm ever going to catch up with you piX!! I'm confident I'll have my shiney back next Friday. It's going to be a 100% week. I still have Success Express in the wings just in case I don't feel it's coming off quickly enough.

The boss is out of the office today so I'm in charge. I have a feeling it'll be a nice, easy day today!! I might get around to throwing away some of the clutter I've managed to accumulate in my office over the last 5 or so years. It is POETS day though so I don't want to work too hard.

I forgot to start my sit-ups last night so I'll have to try and remember to do them in conjunction with my push-ups tonight. Might also have to start the squats just to punish myself a bit more still.

I hope everyone has a great Friday. Keep smiling!! :D

OK it's official you are a pain freak. Squats st-ups and pressh ups. Ouch. Just kidding it's great that you are so fired up about it all. Well done on the loss and I'm sure you'll do more before your docs appointment. Have a great SW weekend. :)
Actually Patsy, you're not that far off the mark. I absolutely love the burn I get after a tough workout. It always comes with a good dose of endorphins and it's no surprise they get referred to as nature's opiates. They make me happy even when my body is crying out in pain after I've pushed it too hard. Unfortunately though, the great feeling I get after exercising isn't as strong as my lack of motivation to exercise!! I think that's my main problem actually. I love it when I feel fit but I'm just not motivated enough to get there. Occasionally, if I'm working with someone else, they pretty much force me in to exercising but it's not something I'm good at keeping up by myself. It was only a couple of years ago a friend of mine and me trained together to run a half marathon. Having the support of my friend got me through that training and then the half marathon itself but I would never have been motivated enough to do it on my own. In fact, I've not really run since and that's part of the reason why I'm here.

Sorry, I seemed to have waffled on there for a bit. Basically, I'm going to try and keep up the new, small exercise program but I'm going to have to keep posting my results on here so that I can get the external motivation I need to continue. I do struggle to do things alone. Thank you for your support though.

X

Well, what can I say? Very, very chuffed with the results of my WI today! 4lbs off is a massive boost to my confidence. Especially since I only really went back on SW on Monday. Last weekend was the dying embers of my 3 weeks of celebratory excesses!! It feels so good to be back on track. I feel confident enough to approach the evil doctor on Tuesday now. Plus, I have 5 more days of 100% to get the rest of my gain off. Saying that, I'm still 1lb away from getting my 1 stone shiney back!! I'll be needing that if I'm ever going to catch up with you piX!! I'm confident I'll have my shiney back next Friday. It's going to be a 100% week. I still have Success Express in the wings just in case I don't feel it's coming off quickly enough.

The boss is out of the office today so I'm in charge. I have a feeling it'll be a nice, easy day today!! I might get around to throwing away some of the clutter I've managed to accumulate in my office over the last 5 or so years. It is POETS day though so I don't want to work too hard.

I forgot to start my sit-ups last night so I'll have to try and remember to do them in conjunction with my push-ups tonight. Might also have to start the squats just to punish myself a bit more still.

Yay congratulations you :D What a fab loss you must be chuffed!!!
I'm much the same in that I love the feeling a workout gives no matter how sore it makes me!

Happy Weekend to you :D Hope its a goodun! xxx

wooohooo!!!! :bliss: 4 pounds!!! 4 pounds!! 4 pounds!! yeyyyyyyyyyyyyy ! Imagine Patsy and I as your personal cheerleaders and keep your arse on that exercise regime :D
:D

and if that doesnt work then we're going to become drill sergeants ( once I work out how to spell it!! )

seriously well done, Mister ....keep it up and you just might catch me .....might ! :character00115::whip:

xx

Yay congratulations you :D What a fab loss you must be chuffed!!!
I'm much the same in that I love the feeling a workout gives no matter how sore it makes me!

Happy Weekend to you :D Hope its a goodun! xxx
Thanks Katie!

I had a really good weekend actually. Seemed a lot longer than 2 days. Can't complain at that anyway. The exercise is still going and it still hurts! The 3 flights of stairs up to my office was a bit of a struggle this morning after all those squats!! It all helps though. I thought my squats were really tough until I saw this guy!! Pistol Squats - YouTube nutter!!! :D Maybe I should have a mini-goal to be able to do that next year??? Aye right!!

X

wooohooo!!!! :bliss: 4 pounds!!! 4 pounds!! 4 pounds!! yeyyyyyyyyyyyyy ! Imagine Patsy and I as your personal cheerleaders and keep your arse on that exercise regime :D
:D

and if that doesnt work then we're going to become drill sergeants ( once I work out how to spell it!! )

seriously well done, Mister ....keep it up and you just might catch me .....might ! :character00115::whip:

xx

Thanks piX. XX I'm more than happy to have some cheerleading to keep me going on my regime although you might need the implement used in your last smiley there. I can be quite stubborn when I decide to be! Lol.

It's been a good weekend and I've managed to stay 100% which is rare for me on a weekend if I'm totally honest. I also finally got the foundations ready in my back garden for the pouring of the concrete. I must try and sort that out for this weekend. Then I can start building the wall. Picture a trench 18" wide and a foot deep to the right of the red line in this picture and you'll understand why I'm so proud of what I've done by hand!!
Patio1.jpg

That was a lot of clay and stone to clear. The wall will then be about 3 foot high with a set of steps running up the middle. I'll then be laying a third row of paving slabs outside the second. Then it'll be alfresco dining all summer! I'm really looking forward to having it done. The best thing about building my own house was having a blank canvas to play with. Now that the house is finished, I can start playing with the landscaping. My new job is also going to give me the time off to keep it looking good.

I've given my official finish date as the 1st June today. Hopefully everything will be ready to go by then and the new company will be ready to take me on. It's an exciting time!!

Thanks Katie!

I had a really good weekend actually. Seemed a lot longer than 2 days. Can't complain at that anyway. The exercise is still going and it still hurts! The 3 flights of stairs up to my office was a bit of a struggle this morning after all those squats!! It all helps though. I thought my squats were really tough until I saw this guy!! Pistol Squats - YouTube nutter!!! :D Maybe I should have a mini-goal to be able to do that next year??? Aye right!!

X

Oh my god! That is crazy, the OH just had a go at doing that and got about 20cm down and couldn't go any further! I refuse to try haha. I think we should all be able to do it by next year ;) I'm thinking of investing in a spinning bike so will have even stronger thighs by next year!

Glad the weekend was good, and the exercise is obviously having a good effect :D
xx

Oh my god! That is crazy, the OH just had a go at doing that and got about 20cm down and couldn't go any further! I refuse to try haha. I think we should all be able to do it by next year ;) I'm thinking of investing in a spinning bike so will have even stronger thighs by next year!

Glad the weekend was good, and the exercise is obviously having a good effect :D
xx
Yeah I think I got about that far down too before collapsing in a heap! Lol. I'll get there though. Once I'm thin I'll be much easier to lift too!

I once toyed with the idea of buying a spinning bike. My sister used to be married to a personal trainer in Inverness. Whenever I was visiting I would do the spinning classes with him and I loved the burn I got from it. I've not been able to do it at home though as it's only done one night a week and it's a night that doesn't suit. I do a bit of cycling though so I get a bit of the same. One of my great loves is mountain biking but I've not managed to get out much lately. Been spending a lot of time sorting out the new house so spare time for leisure pursuits has been a bit lacking. I'll be back out regularly soon though with any luck. I've just serviced my mountain bike so it's ready to go as soon as I find the time. The trails are drying up nicely after the winter but not so much that I'm going to stay clean. Getting filthy is half the fun!!

X

Back