Samalama striving to get in the PINK!

The weird thing is I read other's diaries across Minimins and a lot of dieters do seem to react to a disappointing week by heading for the biscuit tin or over to KFC - I love both but I only want to eat either when I'm in a happy mood, because if I ate those foods now and then found I put on next week I'd be well disappointed and even more upset.

Ahhh Lucy I KNOW that in the future we will look back at this important one pound loss with such joy and laughter... who knows it could be the turning point for me.

I'm ranting, I'm impatient but it's because I am sooo excited about how I could look and thank you Lucy because it will be so fun once I really start losing... I KNOW there could be gains in the future... but I'm going to my best to ensure that they are worthy gains and that I have done everything I could to ensure that they are not big gains.

I may treat myself tonight to a cocktail or something sweet but ONLY if it remains in my calorie intake.

This body albeit voluptious in large amounts will not beat me... I shall remain obsessive but that is only because I know it to be the only way to get where I want.

Can't believe I just cried about losing a pound WTF is wrong with me :rolleyes:

It might only be a pound a week, but in 6 months time all those little pounds will add up. I used to listen to the Oasis song 'little by little' when I was disheartened because it gives you faith that it's every little pounds counts. That's why so many people fail at losing weight. They 'only' lose a pound so they give up. I'll tell ya, but you're probably not going to like it, nobody does. One of the top secrets to weight is patience.

And I know what you mean about the KFC. You're like me, I know that the 'pleasure' I'd get from eating a KFC is nothing in comparison to the pleasure I get from being healthy and slim and seeing a loss on the scales. There was one day away back in January (I was still in diet mode, not yet in lifestyle mode then) where I had a domino's pizza because it was my friends birthday. My WI the next morning was a riot - 3lb!! Thankfully most of it was water but I told myself it wasn't worth it. The guilt that came after eating over my calories for no other reason than greed and the gain on the scales just wasn't worth the few seconds of gluttony that the pizza brought. Of course I still treat myself, but ONLY if it's in my calorie allowance, anything else to me is greed and just not worth the guilt. We all have these doubtful moment though so don't beat yourself up over it. You're doing absolutely fabulous. :D

Oh, and I added you on facebook from the link under your minimins user. Hope you don't mind - I just recently got a new one!

Mine's only a few weeks old so it's still in that 'just getting started' very very bland stage - mot many pictures to see at the momento! However once I get the hang of it I'm sure I'll get that bad boy buzzeed!

I'm not on facebook. To many people I don't want to know!!!! I hated school, and it hated me!!! Plus I got sick of my best friend speaking to me via the internet rather than popping in for a cuppa!!!
I get envious when you guys talk about it though. :)

I'm not on facebook. To many people I don't want to know!!!! I hated school, and it hated me!!! Plus I got sick of my best friend speaking to me via the internet rather than popping in for a cuppa!!!
I get envious when you guys talk about it though. :)

Get yourself on it missus and you can just add us! :D Better to have 5 good friends on it than 100 people you don't really like :) Quality not quantity. One of my guy friends, who is really well liked, refuses to add anyone he doesn't speak to more than once a week. He's got 12 people on it and doesn't care what anyone says!! xx

Oh heck my life is an open book full stop so more than happy for people to be on my Facebook bewarned I play Frontierville so be sure to block that game otherwise my feeds will get right annoying LOL when you see the post for Sammy wanting yet another bloody hammer just click on it and will give you the option to remove all posts by Sam, this post OR all posts by Frontierville... that's the one you want to click and hey presto no more annoying bloody Frontierville posts - works the same for any of the games for those that didn't know :) then you still get to see what Sam is ranting about on FB LOL

Get yourself on it missus and you can just add us! :D Better to have 5 good friends on it than 100 people you don't really like :) Quality not quantity. One of my guy friends, who is really well liked, refuses to add anyone he doesn't speak to more than once a week. He's got 12 people on it and doesn't care what anyone says!! xx

I might do this!

OK, here are my thoughts.

Sam, go and hold a packet of sugar and tell me you are not proud to have lost that from your body!!! A pound is heavier than you think!

Last week, I lost .4 of a pound and was thoroughly pissed off. I got all of you guys supporting me, and I carried on and lost 3lbs this week!!
Weight loss is a tricky game. (here comes the science bit)
When your body has lost a certain amount of weight, it starts to feel different inside. So you don't go into shock, and your muscles don't start to spasm, the body distributes water to the parts where the fat has gone. Slowly your body will release that water, but in the mean time it is there to replace the fat you lost quite quickly. This is why people plateau and loose tiny amounts.
Trust me, next week you will be happy with your loss. :D

Love ya xxx

Love ya more LOL - I know, I know THAT is what is sooo silly of my crazy attitude today.... ack! I'm such an attention seeker today :p

It might only be a pound a week, but in 6 months time all those little pounds will add up. I used to listen to the Oasis song 'little by little' when I was disheartened because it gives you faith that it's every little pounds counts. That's why so many people fail at losing weight. They 'only' lose a pound so they give up. I'll tell ya, but you're probably not going to like it, nobody does. One of the top secrets to weight is patience.

This is why it's such a bloody virtue... and for me this is why SW didn't work for me because it kept just giving me the quick fix when really I needed the long term... ahh well I can't turn back the time now I just gotta press on for results and good health in the future!

Ooh facebook! I am gonna start a facebook thread see who wants to add each other, I am nosey and want to see pictures!

LOL I look forward to it, like I said my life is an open book for sure and I'm pretty careful of what I let people see on my FB - it's all about security!

You are NOT an attention seeker.

No one said this weight loss journey would be easy! You are entitled to wobbles, throughout, especially when you have worked so god damn hard!!!

That is what is so great about mimimins, we have all felt the same at some point, as we are all going through the same situation. Keep your chin up :D

You are NOT an attention seeker.

No one said this weight loss journey would be easy! You are entitled to wobbles, throughout, especially when you have worked so god damn hard!!!

That is what is so great about mimimins, we have all felt the same at some point, as we are all going through the same situation. Keep your chin up :D

True, true and if it were so easy we'd all be skinny minnies and there wouldn't even be a Minimins because we wouldn't need it - then I wouldn't have met you ladies and I probably wouldn't snort with laughter as much given some of the posts LMAO!! :D

True, true and if it were so easy we'd all be skinny minnies and there wouldn't even be a Minimins because we wouldn't need it - then I wouldn't have met you ladies and I probably wouldn't snort with laughter as much given some of the posts LMAO!! :D

Exactly!!! :D

How come I missed your diary up to now!?!?:confused:

Anyway....you should feel proud of ANY loss as you have worked bloody hard for it!! Do not beat yourself up if its less than expected...theres prob some bizarre reason your body decided to keep hold of it this week. Bet you see a good loss next week!

Squeezy.....I'm not on facebook either. Used to be but it did my bloody head in!!:D Like you I'd rather see friends face to face.

Anyway....you should feel proud of ANY loss as you have worked bloody hard for it!! Do not beat yourself up if its less than expected...theres prob some bizarre reason your body decided to keep hold of it this week. Bet you see a good loss next week!

Squeezy.....I'm not on facebook either. Used to be but it did my bloody head in!!:D Like you I'd rather see friends face to face.

phew..........I was begining to feel like a dinosaur!!! :D

No worries babe you are here now so thanks for stopping by, I appreciate the support :)

This is how NOT to do CCing and I'm actually surprised given my outburst this morning but I've not managed to eat all my cals today and am about 300 down so I didn't exercise tonight because I didn't want to make myself ill, I just had:

Breakfast - bran flakes, milk and cappuccino

Lunch - Pret Tuna Salad... 180 calories silly not to really

Dinner - Feeling Fuller Range at M&S cod mornay with extra veg.

Snacks - mini bag of malteasers and a mini dark chocolate circle

I should have made more of an effort to eat more but couldn't be arsed and then I was going to have a drink tonight but I was spending too much time on here !!

Sorry I missed you feeling bad :( there's not a lot to add as the lovely ladies of mini's have it all covered :) but if it's any consolation I've noticed that often the ppl losing slowly and those who are ploughing on steadily even when the scales are being horribly unfair, are generally the ppl who are still here x amount of weeks later and a stone lighter!!! it's a bit hare an the tortoise you see!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back