Sammies mummy and weight watching diary

If that's the case here then, and the only reason I'm having consultant led-care due to BMI being 32 then I will see about changing that! To date, there are no issues with my pregnancy. My blood pressure is perfect, wee is always normal and spot on, I've only put on a lb in weight - I'm pretty happy with everything. Plus, in my hospital notes it says that I could have a water birth as long as BMI not over 40...so surely that would be ok still?

Hmmm... I think I'll take your advice hun and write down lots of questions. I really don't want the labour I want being effected all because of this xx

That issue with possible bleeding your pregnancy.. Would that be a factor in you being consultant led???

Our midwife led unit is a 15-20 minute drive from the hospital where the consultants are so I don't want to risk anything going wrong and having to travel there by ambulance with the chance that its too late. If I go to consultant led care its still all midwives unless you want epidural etc. At our MLU you can't even have forceps so if baby is in distress you have to be transferred to the other hospital. If it was in the same hospital I'd go MLU but I just don't want to take the risk. We can still have water births at the CLU and Tom can stay etc so it's not bad x

I had consultant care with my last daughter I saw her twice once when I was about 20 weeks pregnant and she just checked everything was going ok then again at 39 weeks where she gave me a sweep to get me in labour I never saw her at all the day I gave birth or again after and I could still have a water birth as long as everything stayed normal x

That issue with possible bleeding your pregnancy.. Would that be a factor in you being consultant led???

I doubt it hun, just because the bleeding is just related to excess oestrogen, rather than there actually being a problem with my cervix etc...I now know why I'm flooded with oestrogen lol ;)

Sarah, maybe everywhere is different then....which makes it very confusing... :\ I think I'm just going to have to speak to the consultant next week and ask what it all means. I think everything is done in the same place at the hospital I'm going to (Frimley Park Hospital), my main concern is not being able to have a water birth if I wanted to...

It's strange how midwife led care where you are means you can't have a forceps delivery etc? Oh this is all so confusing lol

I'm so pleased I'm on minis and have you ladies to speak to... otherwise I'd have no idea! ha ha! I'll speak to the consultant next week, write down some questions and I'll let you all know what is said.

The midwife said to me consultant-led care just means a couple of extra appointments...? Who knows! I'll find out and will let you know xx

Gosh! so much to think about sometimes :) I thought it was just a case of choose where you want to give birth, turn up, give birth (and receive the care you need whilst doing that) and then that's it. None of this different-led care, and you can't have this birth or that birth etc xx

I had consultant care with my last daughter I saw her twice once when I was about 20 weeks pregnant and she just checked everything was going ok then again at 39 weeks where she gave me a sweep to get me in labour I never saw her at all the day I gave birth or again after and I could still have a water birth as long as everything stayed normal x

Yeah see that's what I've got in my head...

I think everywhere just operates differently maybe? xx

I'm classed as midwife led through my pregnancy (even though bmi is over 30 and I have a family history of diabetes) so even though there are consultants at the hospital where I give birth they only step in when needed. I don't need to see a consultant during pregnancy.

Our midwife led unit is a 15-20 minute drive from the hospital where the consultants are so I don't want to risk anything going wrong and having to travel there by ambulance with the chance that its too late. If I go to consultant led care its still all midwives unless you want epidural etc. At our MLU you can't even have forceps so if baby is in distress you have to be transferred to the other hospital. If it was in the same hospital I'd go MLU but I just don't want to take the risk. We can still have water births at the CLU and Tom can stay etc so it's not bad x

Yeah...see thats totally different. The MLU and CLU are in one building at my hospital...there would be no travelling to a different hospital if a problem arises. Just a case of moving from upstairs to downstairs... lol

This is where it becomes a different decision for each woman depending on how it all works in their particular area....it can all be so different!

Thanks ladies - not quite sure what I'd do without you :) Think I just need to find out what it means for me and little one...

Sorry Sammie - I've totally hijacked your diary ;) xx

Also the CLU at mine has one room with a waterbirth pool and the MLU has two rooms with waterbirth pools so first come first served. I was like 'if I cant have a waterbirth pool rightaway, can i just get in the bath?' lol Which they said 'yes...' :p

Super confusing how no 2 hospitals are the bloody same!!!! LOL

Jess I'm like you... Maybe we're just really niaive.. I thought it'd be a case of OK i'm going to this hospital.. And they'd give me tell from there what was happening.. I've never even heard of MLU and CLU before this discussion...
Thank God for Minimins... I don't have an appointment until my second MW appointment which is at 24weeks (apart from big scan which i'm assuming I won't be able ask Q's about delivery and birth types etc) so I'm gona jot down any Q's I have and bring them with me... God its all so confusing...

Super confusing how no 2 hospitals are the bloody same!!!! LOL

Jess I'm like you... Maybe we're just really niaive.. I thought it'd be a case of OK i'm going to this hospital.. And they'd give me tell from there what was happening.. I've never even heard of MLU and CLU before this discussion...
Thank God for Minimins... I don't have an appointment until my second MW appointment which is at 24weeks (apart from big scan which i'm assuming I won't be able ask Q's about delivery and birth types etc) so I'm gona jot down any Q's I have and bring them with me... God its all so confusing...

Thats the thing for us first-timers...everything is so new and theres always something we dont know/dont get told/didnt realise haha

Pregnant with baby no1 and trying not to gain too much!

No frances it's totally fine lol it's all new to me so its good to here everyone's different experiences I guess I will have to ask the question next time I see the midwife x

Omg what is with all this bloat ?! My stomach is hugggeee this morning ! I feel like I've out on about half a stone over night :(

Omg what is with all this bloat ?! My stomach is hugggeee this morning ! I feel like I've out on about half a stone over night :(

Ha ha... Sorry to break it to ya... It doesn't get much better.. I'm 17 weeks now and still get bloated as hell... Not too bad now.. But come home time I've to open my trousers.. And I'm wearing a size bigger than I need!!!!!
Its a good sign tho so try not get too down.. xxx

Ah great lol!
I've had to put on a stretchy high waisted skirt today to cover it all up with a baggy jumper over the top ..
It sucks because its not even a bump yet so it really just looks like I've gained loads a weight
Booo

Ah great lol!
I've had to put on a stretchy high waisted skirt today to cover it all up with a baggy jumper over the top ..
It sucks because its not even a bump yet so it really just looks like I've gained loads a weight
Booo
SammieLouise I hear ya!!!! I've no bump... I am actually lighter than when I got my BFP (albeit only half a pound now thanks to this mornings 2lb gain!!!) and my jeans/trousers don't close up!!!

Back