Sammies mummy and weight watching diary

Pregnant with baby no1 and trying not to gain too much!

Omg it killed me getting up for work this morning I actually was close to years felt so tired and unwell :(
I work long hours and although its only looking after children i feel like its really knocking all the little energy that I have out of me . Most days I leave the house at 7.30 am and am not back til 7pm .
I'm starting to worry about how I am going to manage once I am further along in the pregnancy!
X

Omg it killed me getting up for work this morning I actually was close to years felt so tired and unwell :(
I work long hours and although its only looking after children i feel like its really knocking all the little energy that I have out of me . Most days I leave the house at 7.30 am and am not back til 7pm .
I'm starting to worry about how I am going to manage once I am further along in the pregnancy!
X
Its "only" looking after children??? Are you mad.. That has to be one of the hardest jobs going.. You're on your feet on the go ALL DAY... I do be exhausted getting home from work and I work in an office! Leave my house at 8:15 and get back there at 4:45...
Don't think about then.. Think about now.. Take a day at a time and you will be fine.. If you need a day off mid-week.. Take it.. You need to put you first now.. You n that little bubs come first

Gosh...looking after children has got to be the most exhausting, draining thing ever! Im impressed that you are coping well so far!

But as Frances says....you and the baby are most important and you have to do whats best for you both. If you need a break..you have to take it :)

Thanks girls I just hate letting people down I'm so scared about telling my employer about being pregnant I'm worrying like crazy because I hate to have to let them down . I know that sounds ridiculous but I'm such a worrier . I think when your in a big company people get used to staff coming and going but because its just me i just feel really bad that eventually they will have to look for someone else and if I need time off for illness or any appointments there isn't anyone else to step in.
I would love to return to my job after the baby but I can't justify (or afford) to put my own child in a nursery to look after someone else's children .
I don't know why I'm getting myself so worked up at this stage anyway I have plenty of time to sort stuff like that out when it comes to it . Sometimes I just sit in bed and think ahhh what am I going to do?! Lol please tell me I'm not the only one xx.

Thanks girls I just hate letting people down I'm so scared about telling my employer about being pregnant I'm worrying like crazy because I hate to have to let them down . I know that sounds ridiculous but I'm such a worrier . I think when your in a big company people get used to staff coming and going but because its just me i just feel really bad that eventually they will have to look for someone else and if I need time off for illness or any appointments there isn't anyone else to step in.
I would love to return to my job after the baby but I can't justify (or afford) to put my own child in a nursery to look after someone else's children .
I don't know why I'm getting myself so worked up at this stage anyway I have plenty of time to sort stuff like that out when it comes to it . Sometimes I just sit in bed and think ahhh what am I going to do?! Lol please tell me I'm not the only one xx.

I know exactly what you mean about feeling bad and feeling like you're letting people down...but (as all the girls on here will tell you) baby and you come first :)

I have been signed off for pretty much my whole pregnancy and during all that time, the team I work with have had to cover all of my work. So I know what you mean about feeling guilty for sure.

I have just been signed off for another month and then I will be taking all outstanding annual leave and starting my maternity leave early because going back to work just isnt working/isnt an option.

After each sick note has finished I have tried to go back to work...but I just havnt lasted very long each time (I have an office job but I have been unable to do the computer work because of dizziness etc etc)

You can only do your best at the end of the day :)

Oh hunnie.. I just wana give you a big hug...
Could be an option to take baby to work?? Seen as you're looking after children anyway??
I know what you mean about letting people down.. I feel like crap today but there's so much work on and we've only a new system installed so everyone has a backlog.. All I wana do is going home and die under the duvet.. But can't..

I had considered that but don't think it is something my employer would go for .
Also the children I look after are 3 and 10 months so could be pretty tough with another baby around but I guess I'll just have to be brave talk to them and see whether or not we can work something out !
I think once we have broke the news to everyone like parents etc i will start to feel more relaxed I'm just getting myself so worked up because I don't know how people are going to react and I know it sounds selfish but OH and I are so excited I just don't want anyone putting a downer on it .

I had considered that but don't think it is something my employer would go for .
Also the children I look after are 3 and 10 months so could be pretty tough with another baby around but I guess I'll just have to be brave talk to them and see whether or not we can work something out !
I think once we have broke the news to everyone like parents etc i will start to feel more relaxed I'm just getting myself so worked up because I don't know how people are going to react and I know it sounds selfish but OH and I are so excited I just don't want anyone putting a downer on it .
Aww hunnie.. Big hugs.. Its so sterssful when no-one knows..
They may not go for it but then again they may.. Yes it will be hard work but once you get a routine going you should be OK.. And if not then you can come with another solution.. But you don't know til you ask the question.. (easy for me to say from the comfort of my seat over here I know)

Am sure everyone will be thrilled for you hun.. No reason for anyone not to be.. Its a new baby.. Who doesn't love new babies

Thank you .. I'm feeling slightly better about everything today think I was having an emotional day yesterday ! Went to bed in tears and couldn't explain to my OH why . Poor thing bless him .
Going to talk to my family at the weekend so that will be out of the way .
I even have some energy today and I don't feel bloated for once ! Did a cheeky weigh in this morn aswell and so far no weight gain so that's good :) x

Thank you .. I'm feeling slightly better about everything today think I was having an emotional day yesterday ! Went to bed in tears and couldn't explain to my OH why . Poor thing bless him .
Going to talk to my family at the weekend so that will be out of the way .
I even have some energy today and I don't feel bloated for once ! Did a cheeky weigh in this morn aswell and so far no weight gain so that's good :) x

Glad you're feeling better chic... Its hard to tell them n not feel silly.. I was like that once before and again on Sunday morning.. He kept saying "well you must know what's wrong if yer crying about it" but I couldn't explain...
Sounds very odd now but at the time it made complete sense in my head :)
It'll be great to have extra support of your family once you've told them..
And well done on not gaining.. Its a hard task.. xx

Oh bless you hun, glad you're feeling a bit better this morning.

I've had many, many crying episodes throughout my pregnancy so far - most of the time I can't explain why, I'm just super emotional! I reckon I have a little tear once a day lol! I have no idea why?!

Hope you have a good day today xxx

Thanks girls today has been a much better day and I'm off work now til Monday yay :) more sleeping time lol!
Xx

9 weeks today .. Three more weeks to go til we get to see our baby!
I finally told my family this weekend it was a huge relief everyone was so happy for us so I really am overjoyed . We still have to tell the BFs family but I'm going to let him tackle that one lol.
This weekend has been soo nice to be able to relax and not have to get up for work . Seriously dreading going back tomorrow booo :(

Thank you Kelly and I'm so sorry to hear about what you have been going through cant imagine how difficult it must be have my fingers crossed for you! Xx

Today 9+1

Feeling a bit emotional and short tempered at the moment .
Last night me and bf had a row .. It was over something pretty small on the grand scheme of things but left me literally sobbing in bed for almost an hour . I now feel stupid for overreacting but my hormones must have been all over the place because I was literally balling like a baby lol .
I feel like I'm doing well with my eating have been making pretty healthy choices and still haven't gained any weight so that's good :)
Today is a 7.45 til 6.30 shift at work , booo hoping the time goes quick I didn't get much sleep last night so I'm like a zombie today.
Hope you all have a good Monday - of that's possible ! X

Thank you I'm definitely feeling better today although I'm still really tired ., I sometimes wonder if my iron is low .. My midwife did warn me that being vegetarian may mean that my iron could be low but I guess il just wait and see til my next appointment .
We're off for a family meal tonight as a sort of baby shower for my very pregnant sister in law to be .. She only has 5 weeks left week exciting .. Now that my family know about me being pregnant it will almost be like a double celebration . Really looking forward to the meal but normally when I go to the reatautant were going to I have a halloumi salad ., I'm not sure if its safe to eat halloumi when pregnant of anyone can shed any light on this I would be greatful. If not il have to choose something else I'm not feeling a huge appetite at the moment .. All I want to eat is crisps ahhh unhealthy.com !

Yeah all cheeses are fine to eat as long as any with a rind are cooked through to kill any bacteria.

If you are worried about your iron levels maybe talk to your midwife about getting some bloods done so you can start a supplement if necessary. But in the mean time extra iron rich stuff, can you snack on dried aprocots and eat away at greens and stuff x

Am sure I replied to you yesterday.. I remember typing it out.. SOrry you were having such a bad day n looked like you was ignored..
Hope you're feeling better today..
Meal out sounds devine.. Wish my BF would take me out.. Even for a carvery.. lol

Back