Sammy's road to slimdom!!

Sundays my weigh day. Although not hopeful for today. Totm and a bit naughty yesterday. Feeling sorry for myself last night didn't do me or anyone any favours. Damn hormones. Shake it off, minimise damage and go forth to battle!

(Ps: I haven't started a tummy one yet! Lol) Xx

Blips happen, and TOTM is a beast for bringing them on, I find. Good luck for today! :D x

I tried a hula hoop class when i was going to the gym in 2011. Not only could I not actually hula hoop (how can i not hula hoop?! lol) but I also was in agony the next day - like jewel says...it bruised the heck outta me. Ha! OW!

Cor I didn't realise hula hooping was that dangerous!!! Ha ha!! Will stick to my squats!
A hundred and something today! Triple figures.
Managed a 40 second plank today - a few days ago my whole body was shaking as I barely made it to 15 seconds! Shows how quickly you can build it up.

So weigh in * Groan * -1lb off. Yep, one iddy biddy squidgy pound.
It is totm and I did have a wee blip yesterday. But it's 1lb of fresh fat. Love love love that saying!
1lb is the weight of a guinea pig! At least that puts it into perspective for me!

Hope everyone's having a lovely Sunday.

Xx

40 second plank! Wow! :)

I am at the 'shake after 20 seconds phase'!

I am lovin the planks! Is it just once a day you're supposed to do it though or are you supposed to do two or three lots of how ever many seconds?! Does anyone know?

Xx

I suppose you could do it then rest for a minute then do it again etc. I get shaky at 30 seconds but can hang on until about 45 before I collapse haha xx

Well done Sammy...more fresh fat gone woohoo and what's this about 40 second planks?Seriously impressed over here in the land of struggling to get squats done!!

Your getting really close to target all it's bound to slow down plus with the exercise your doing it could be muscle build up x x

Yeah I think tied in with TOTM and a blip, I can't complain.
We just always like to see 3's, 4's plus, every week and then a 1 or 2 can seem a bit bleurgh. But it's a loss. :)

Yep Lainey I've got my little tick charts and do my squats, plank, and arm exercises while my daughter has her breakfast and stares at me in confusion!!

New dilemma on the battle of the scales: I'll have to do a weight 're-set' I think... Basically, I had two sets of scales. One was my sisters. My sisters set weighed me as 2lb sometimes 3lb lighter than my set-so naturally I used hers!! Ha ha!! However she's decided to diet and wanted them back. So I'm back to using mine and rather than have to keep thinking oh it should be this really or doing any kind of mental arithmetic, I'm just going to accept a 'scales changeover gain' and start afresh on mine.
I wish she'd taken them before I did my restart but hey ho.
I'll weigh when I get up and go from whatever number it says. I'll stick to these from now on.
They're a funny set though - you hop on and it gives you a weight, you get off, screen clears, hop back on and you get a lower weight by about 3lbs... Which it then sticks to no matter how many times you do the hop dance. So that's obviously you're true weight. So why on earth does it like to just chuck a heavier number at you to start with?!!! Scales are mean.

Xx

New scales update: 10st, 2.25lbs.
Will go from this from now on Xx

Scales are evil and should be banned, they're my friends atm but can turn on you at the drop of a hat. Well done on lb loss (never mind weight reset), still a loss tho and going down, not sts or gain!

As for the flabby bits, you're on the right track with the exercise, will firm you up. As they say, dieting is for looking good in clothes, exercise is to look good naked, lol. And muscle does weigh more than fat!

Hope you have a great day! x

Oh no can't believe you've got to hand the scales over.

I wish I'd of done a scale reset after Christmas but it's hard to forget what your lowest was x x

They're a funny set though - you hop on and it gives you a weight, you get off, screen clears, hop back on and you get a lower weight by about 3lbs... Which it then sticks to no matter how many times you do the hop dance.

Xx

Sammy that's so funny I used to have a set that did the very same, they'd weigh you 3lbs heavier then after jumping on and off a few times you'd get your true weight. My current scales give you st / lb / oz but I just ignore the oz cause they are totally different each time you get on so I just ignore them!! lol x

Ha ha I'm glad it's not just me with whacky scales!!!
These tend to be more consistent - once they've decided on the weight on the second attempt then they stick rigidly to that no matter what. So I guess they're better!! :)
Just so wanna see a 9 and now I gave back my generous scales it looks like it's gonna take longer :(

Xx

Im beginning to get scared of me scales lol n they brand new frm argos...tempted to nt even stand on them even on weigh in days ns incase i end up seeing sumat on there i dnt like lol espec this being second week ? lol x

Back