Total Solution Samprand's Exante Diary - It's Time To Make Some Changes: Goodbye "Fat Me" :)

Friday 13th Jan - Day 4

Before I forget, I weighed this morning (yes I know...I know, not weighing until Tuesday is never going to happen lol) and they say I'm 16st 3, giving me a 9lb loss by the start of Day 4. I think if I'd have starved myself for this long I wouldn't have even lost that much lol

Today I'm going to have the strawberry shake, tomato and basil soup, and chocolate orange bar. If I like the shake and soup that means I like all the packs in the bumper pack yay! That's something I worried about a lot before I started - whether I'd like them all or not x

Fantastic start!! xx

Thanks :thankyouthankyou: I know it's probably mostly water but I'm trying to lessen the chances of that by trying to drink plenty x

End of day 4, had chocolate orange bar, tomato and basil soup and strawberry shake, so now I officially like all the packs yay :D Done some exercise on the wii earlier and had a 15min walk. Managed to resist chips mmm nom nom nom but struggled a bit to convince myself not to eat them! Going to take myself off to bed in a bit to avoid any more temptations x

Saturday 14th Jan - Day 5

Woke up to another pound gone (yes I weighed, don't pretend you're shocked lol) making me 16st 2 - 10lbs lost by the start of Day 5 :D I would looooove to get into the 15's by my official weigh in on Tuesday, but if I don't lose any more and stay at this weight until I weigh in, I'll still be over the moon with a 10lb loss, can't be greedy eh?!

Yesterday I admittedly struggled a bit, but it wasn't as bad as it could have been, and I'm so glad I didn't give in for the sake of a chip...or 20 :eat:

Think I'm going to split up my packs and put them into individual bags (an idea another Exante-r does, can't think of the name - there's so many of us!) as I think I would find it hard to choose what to have, and end up with loads of the same flavour left.

Hope you all have a great day :) xx

Wohoo! 10lbs is brilliant Sam, and you've still got a couple more days to go!
I'd love to get 10lbs this week, cos it'd take me back into the 13s after my Christmas bingeathon, but I daren't get my hopes up too much. I lost 16lbs in my first week last time, but I know I won't get the same result this time cos I was a lot heavier then.

Well done on resisting temptation - you're doing brilliantly :D
x

Thankyou hun! :D Christmas bingeathon's have a lot to answer for lol Have you had any sneaky weigh in's to see if a 10lb loss is likely? I'm finding it so hard not to weigh every day, as you know hehe x

I did have a sneaky weigh in after day 2 (shhhh, don't tell anyone ;)) and I'd lost 4lbs at that point. Not sure why I did it really, as I don't usually weigh at all other than Sundays, but I guess I needed proof that it was 'working' second time round!
Not been on the scales since then though! I feel lots less bloated, but think 10lbs might be a bit too hopeful. I'd be okay with 8lbs too, as it'd take me back to being a stone away from my lightest weight before the aforementioned bingeathon!
Keep your fingers crossed for me! x

I did have a sneaky weigh in after day 2 (shhhh, don't tell anyone ;)) and I'd lost 4lbs at that point. Not sure why I did it really, as I don't usually weigh at all other than Sundays, but I guess I needed proof that it was 'working' second time round!
Not been on the scales since then though! I feel lots less bloated, but think 10lbs might be a bit too hopeful. I'd be okay with 8lbs too, as it'd take me back to being a stone away from my lightest weight before the aforementioned bingeathon!
Keep your fingers crossed for me! x

I won't tell anyone I promise lol 4lbs in the first few days is fab! It is possible that you could have lost 10lbs by Sunday, you never know :) I'll keep my fingers crossed :D x

10lb loss is amazing! Well done!!!

Thankyou :D I kind of wished I'd waited until my proper weigh in day to weigh myself, but I'm just happy the numbers are going down. I think if I hadn't of seen the numbers going down, I probably would have found it harder to be 100% x

Sunday 15th Jan - Day 6

Ketostix are saying I'm on the 4th square now, so I think ketosis might be starting to kick in properly now, but so far no headaches or bad breath.

Scales are saying 16st 1, so that's 11lb loss since Tuesday :) Only 2lbs to go until I'm officially in the 15's, haven't been there for almost a year, and even when I was there before it was only for a very brief few days during my JUDDD attempt.

I think after I weigh in on Tuesday, I should challenge myself to NOT weigh in for a week...and hell might freeze over lol

Have got some uni stuff to get on with so hopefully that should keep me busy today. Last night I was struggling a bit, was really tempted to eat something, and started to think that if things get a bit too much for me to handle, I'll have either one totally guilt-free blow-out meal per week, or a small low-carb low-cal meal each day I feel I need it. I won't make myself feel guilty for eating, and this would be better than falling off the wagon completely and never getting back on it.

Something weird I've noticed is that my sense of smell is a lot more sensitive now, like when my boyfriend had chips the other day, I swore they smelt almost buttery! And yesterday when I hugged him, I could smell something very sweet and sugary, and he'd been eating sweets earlier in the day, so is it possible I was smelling the sugar on his breath? Am I that sensitive to carbs now that I can smell them on people's breath lol

Does anyone else get this at all? x

Samprand said:
Ketostix are saying I'm on the 4th square now, so I think ketosis might be starting to kick in properly now, but so far no headaches or bad breath.

Scales are saying 16st 1, so that's 11lb loss since Tuesday :) Only 2lbs to go until I'm officially in the 15's, haven't been there for almost a year, and even when I was there before it was only for a very brief few days during my JUDDD attempt.

I think after I weigh in on Tuesday, I should challenge myself to NOT weigh in for a week...and hell might freeze over lol

Have got some uni stuff to get on with so hopefully that should keep me busy today. Last night I was struggling a bit, was really tempted to eat something, and started to think that if things get a bit too much for me to handle, I'll have either one totally guilt-free blow-out meal per week, or a small low-carb low-cal meal each day I feel I need it. I won't make myself feel guilty for eating, and this would be better than falling off the wagon completely and never getting back on it.

Something weird I've noticed is that my sense of smell is a lot more sensitive now, like when my boyfriend had chips the other day, I swore they smelt almost buttery! And yesterday when I hugged him, I could smell something very sweet and sugary, and he'd been eating sweets earlier in the day, so is it possible I was smelling the sugar on his breath? Am I that sensitive to carbs now that I can smell them on people's breath lol

Does anyone else get this at all? x

You are having a fab first week here's to a great wi on Tues :)
I am a daily weigher too, I write it down every morning because my memory is terrible. That way I know if I gain or STS it's prob because I haven't 'been' to the loo for a few days or I haven't drank enough water because with sticking to TS 100% there is no way you shouldn't lose any weight.
Don't know about the sense of smell but I am more aware of stuff because I can't have them lol

I'm starting exante on Tuesday and feeling a bit nervous, BUT am determined to stick to it like you have. Keep it up, well done, I'll be watching your success. It helps to see people have the same struggles as I do ...and they can do it!

You are having a fab first week here's to a great wi on Tues :)
I am a daily weigher too, I write it down every morning because my memory is terrible. That way I know if I gain or STS it's prob because I haven't 'been' to the loo for a few days or I haven't drank enough water because with sticking to TS 100% there is no way you shouldn't lose any weight.
Don't know about the sense of smell but I am more aware of stuff because I can't have them lol

:D It's so hard to resist the scales isn't it lol I know what you mean about being more aware of stuff, every food advert that comes on tv, every restaurant advert on the radio when you hear cutlery in the background and people going "Mmmm..." etc, every time my boyfriend seems unable to make a cup of tea without having a biscuit or 4, it's very noticeable now whereas I wouldn't have batted an eyelid before

I can't believe I've almost finished my first week of 100% TS, it's gone quite quickly really. My mum was asking last night how I was getting on and I said I'm doing ok, then she asked if I'd cheated at all and it took me a minute to say no lol So glad I haven't given in to temptation as it was a great feeling :)

I'm starting exante on Tuesday and feeling a bit nervous, BUT am determined to stick to it like you have. Keep it up, well done, I'll be watching your success. It helps to see people have the same struggles as I do ...and they can do it!

To be honest I've found it easier than I thought I would, I thought I would have loads of headaches and mood swings and generally just feel ill, but I haven't - so far anyway - with the exception of a few mild headaches. But it's impossible to say whether I'd have got those headaches if I weren't on Exante anyway, I might have, I might not, who knows.

I followed a few people on these forums before I decided to start :D I wanted to see what it was actually like day to day and how they coped with work, hunger pangs, day to day life...

I was nervous before I started too, and excited. I think I was nervous that I'd cheat or give up completely, but I'm so happy that I've managed to be 100%. I've had my temptations, but have tried to busy myself so I'm distracted. There's a list of stuff I do to keep busy on the first page of this diary, feel free to have a nosey and pinch some ideas. I also wrote down some quotes to get me through:

"Craving is just a feeling and you don't have to give in to it. It's a choice - eat and feel bad, don't eat and feel good" I think nursetubs friend came up with that one lol

"What do you want out of life, and what are you willing to do to get it?" Exante isn't a miracle diet, there's still temptation, but I kind of see that as my 'price to pay' to have good losses

Best of luck for Tuesday, are you doing TS? x

Lol I know what you mean when you said you had to think to see if you had cheated!
We sometimes put things in our mouth on autopilot and not know about it until it's too late. Well done on being strong in your first week

lol I was trying to remember if I had given in on one of the many many maaaany times I'd been tempted, and was quite surprised to think 'hey actually I haven't given in at all', I thought I'd be constantly having extras. The autopilot thing is so true, that's why so many packets of biscuits, crisps and chocolates have found themselves devoured whenever I've been around hehe

mmmmm chinese chinese chineeeeese, considering having one at some point next week, as long as I'm 100% before and after it shouldn't affect my weight loss.

....damn you temptation!! :gen157:

Samprand said:
mmmmm chinese chinese chineeeeese, considering having one at some point next week, as long as I'm 100% before and after it shouldn't affect my weight loss.

....damn you temptation!! :gen157:

Not the right attitude at all missy, you're either on it or off. Isn't that why we're on Exante to get away from the perils of eating.
Only choice is soup, shake or bar? And loads of water :)

Wahhhh you're so mean to me lol Made me feel a bit better just to write it down though :)

Back